trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? Well I guess Jodi has had those orangutan arms shortened pre-trial. And geeze, what amazing strength, holding someone bigger than you close with one arm and stabbing him with another.

Incredible.

Yeah, it was a stunning question ...but the defense has very, very little to work with.

Am I the only one who thinks the rope is a made up after thought by Jodi? I see zero evidence in the photos of there ever being a rope there. There are nudie pix of both of them and the relible KY in sight. Isn't it extremely likely that the would have gotten a photo of the rope play?

Remember Travis did not plan on Jodi's visit. Even is she called him at 8pm to tell him she was coming, is it likely he would of ran out to JoAnn fabrics (who closes at 9PM mind you) and buy 20feet of upholstery cording?

There is zero evidence except the here-say of a lying liar who lies.

The "rope" was a way for her to put the knife in the vicinity (they measured and cut the rope with a kitchen knife) and ... to show she didn't bring it with her (rrrright) and it was conveniently sitting there for her to grab (in her fog) and protect herself against Travis's attack. Geesh ....

She has her story down ... afterall she's had nothing else to think about for 5 years. The next years of her life are going to be reeeeeaaaalllly boring and she will have to live with herself and what she's done :jail::please:

Yeah, I see what you are saying. I wonder how many of these people who know the difference and do evil, will now try the "foggy Arias" defense? Just irks me that she trying all this wacky, fake stuff. Whoever is writing the book, I hope they don't rush and get all the facts and research on the legal teams, the childhood and town, friends and facts.

Does anyone know if the 2nd car rental, when she was arrested--was that in Jodi's name or another family member's name?

I think your question about the 2nd rental car is excellent. I wonder about it too.

No link to back it up...but I'm pretty sure<<<maybe>>> that the 2nd rental car was rented by her mom.

The second shot would have hit Travis. The casing was on top of the blood.

Anywhere in the bedroom? Hallway? Closet? Carpet?

I'm not certain this happened, but neither is anyone else sure it didn't. Doesn't change the FACTS of Jodi's crime against Travis.

You do realize that LE would have found a bullet hole in the bedroom, hallway, closet, carpet, don't you?!?

The only bullet hole in that house, was in the right side of Travis' forehead.

:floorlaugh:
This piece of work aka Jodi Arias is getting on my last nerve and, after seeing that handstand video, I'm feeling even more incensed.

A great poster upthread whose name I've forgotten (but I think I "thanked" them) posted something about how Arias is an empty shell, devoid of anything real internally, no depth, no nothing there... paraphrasing here but I totally agree.

She's like a sponge, sopping up pithy phrases, emotions, attitudes from any source around her - mostly songs, tv shows, angsty movies, self-help blather - and then regurgitating them back to society in an effort to pass as a human being, like some pod person from a bad sci fi film.

I poked fun at her yesterday with my Jodicentric Lifetime movie parody but really, I think that if she were a pinata all that would tumble out of her - after being smacked REAL HARD - would be a mash-up of MTV videos, cheesy made for TV movies and Oprah Book Club excerpts.

Thanks to whomever posted the Dido lyrics - I didn't need to see the video to further understand just how VACUOUS this chick is. I imagine her in her tiny, cluttered bedroom in Grandma's house in a one-horse town, miles away from Travis and what she probably thought was the pinnacle of her social world, doodling in her journal while listening to some emo the-world-done-me-wrong music...

It's too bad we can't time warp the Heaven's Gate group to the present because I truly believe she would have flourished in a cult....then she could have joined them in their spaceship and spared Travis and the rest of the world from all her evil.

Boy, she winds me up!

BBM Your post made my day!

Yes she's nothing but a pop culture slurry in skin!

YES I believe TA was her PRIZE his beautiful home, luxury car, his standing with church/PPL all his friends the travel etc When he said (paraphasin) Stay away Crazy Beezy she wasn't letting that happen!

Heaven's Gate that's funny I literally posted ref to that once or twice yesterday just came to mind.. hmm is it getting close to some milestone time from this ie 15th anniversary or something???? OR maybe they made it to the mother ship & preparing to abduct me??

How is Dr Samuels going to explain Jodi's PTSD when she put herself willingly at TA's memorial service. And asked someone to drive her by his house.

Don't PTSD sufferers try to avoid anything that will trigger reliving the traumatic event; as in staying as far away as possible form the people and places that would bring back memories of the trauma.

Unlike many people here, I do believe it's a very real possibility that Jodi has PTSD from the brutal acts she committed. PTSD does not always follow exactly the same pattern in every individual. I think her attending the memorial service was her way of trying to appear innocent, and I think she could behave in such a way even if she was blocking the experience of having committed a brutal murder.

As far as driving by the house -- I don't remember if she wanted to go in or not, but I do recall that she asked Flores how she could retrieve her items from Travis' house. I can see her doing this if she had an unclear memory of what she had done -- she may have wanted to see the crime scene to try to make sense of what she had done and piece together whatever evidence she could find. Same with her wanting to see the crime scene photos.

I do think it's a real possibility that Jodi does not remember clearly all that happened during the murder, whether that's PTSD or not. I do not, however, believe that she has complete amnesia of every single thing that happened other than shooting Travis in the head.

i remember wilmott suggesting this. i guess she was talking about them struggling, TA grabbing her and her being able to reach around and stab him in the back.

uuuuhhhhh......NO.

Right? You really can't hope to pull off a self defense claim when the victim was stabbed a dozen or so times in the back.

How is Dr Samuels going to explain Jodi's PTSD when she put herself willingly at TA's memorial service. And asked someone to drive her by his house.

Don't PTSD sufferers try to avoid anything that will trigger reliving the traumatic event; as in staying as far away as possible form the people and places that would bring back memories of the trauma.

She couldn't remember the traumatic event anyway because of the Transient Global Amnesia (i.e. "the Fog.") No memories even formed! :blushing:

The "rope" was a way for her to put the knife in the vicinity (they measured and cut the rope with a kitchen knife) and ... to show she didn't bring it with her (rrrright) and it was conveniently sitting there for her to grab (in her fog) and protect herself against Travis's attack. Geesh ....

She has her story down ... afterall she's had nothing else to think about for 5 years. The next years of her life are going to be reeeeeaaaalllly boring and she will have to live with herself and what she's done :jail::please:

i think JM took care of this whole rope story and the knife cutting the rope. there was no reason to cut the rope even if there WAS a rope. and the way she says TA did it is completely unbelievable.

Yeah, I see what you are saying. I wonder how many of these people who know the difference and do evil, will now try the "foggy Arias" defense? Just irks me that she trying all this wacky, fake stuff. Whoever is writing the book, I hope they don't rush and get all the facts and research on the legal teams, the childhood and town, friends and facts.

Does anyone know if the 2nd car rental, when she was arrested--was that in Jodi's name or another family member's name?

It sounds like her Mom rented it for her. That is who was there talking to her late the night before...then the next morning the car shows up. jmo

I've been thinking about Matt and I'm doubting he will testify to back her up. I'm thinking he's got to see by now how she's so publicly despised, that he wants no part of that, especially when it means committing perjury.

I can believe she blocked out/forgot the order of the stabbings, but not the memory of stabbing him a number of times. Ditto dragging him back and into the shower.

It sounds like her Mom rented it for her. That is who was there talking to her late the night before...then the next morning the car shows up. jmo

Probably giving her some motherly advice: You should deny, deny, deny.

I can believe she blocked out/forgot the order of the stabbings, but not the memory of stabbing him a number of times. Ditto dragging him back and into the shower.

Exactly, it's not unbelievable that she was traumatized by the event, but it's unbelievable that her memory is so cleanly cut off right at the point she says it is. She would have at least a general idea of what happened.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Sunny and in the low 70's in Alabama.

See you Monday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members