trial day 32: the defense continues its case in chief #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again...I still don't care how JA felt AFTER murdering Travis 3x over!!!!!

I hope this jury remembers what she did to Travis...sliced him, slit his throat, shot him in the head and left him to decompose in his shower. She planned it and carried out her evil.

Enough about how she feels...

The jury has to be able to see that all this is yet another explanation for all her strange behavior after the murder. It's just excuses with facade of being an expert opinion. Oy already.

JA spoke to Dr. Samuels about Law of Attraction - if you put out positive experiences, vibes, and expressing goals you have in life . . . part of what JA was learning in the PPL . . . her journaling in law of attraction - many many times. . . .

something wrong with that boy . . . law of attraction with not being too negative.

Effects it has on people . . . PTSd . . . .everyone who experiences severe trauma often lead to PTsd? no . . .typically one of the characteristics people who are diagnosed share a common sense of symptoms . . . an atypical stressor out of the norm of experiences . . . . criteria is very specific . . . if you have been diagnosed with PTsd you share a criteria with the other people who have been diagnosed the same. . . not everybody is exactly the same . . . 5 of 7 criteria but stressors are not the same - criteria met.

new current research -can someone who is involved in harming another develop PTsd? . . . even though I saw that while treating former LEO's . . . research is relatively new . . .

people can develop PTsd from being perp.

Her PTsd score was very low . . . . . from her experiences, growing up, her parents, etc - she was suffering from very low self-esteem . . . . over the years I found her personality seemed to strengthen became more assertive and able to communicate more frequently. . . .she was not always like that some days she was depressed, outgoing - other days apprehensive . . .. over time . . .thorough eval with a report with a diagnosis. .. . . spent several interview sessions - develop rapport, she was in an acute state of denial and not able to share what really happened - she shared what we believe to be the true story - she developed an alternative to the story and that has some basis in facts . . . .

when spend time with her is there therapy? . . .. not when you are doing evaluation - I had to restrain myself from therapy . . . . no therapy . . . .I did see some improvements and changes

things are different now than when I used to practice . . . ideal to see her twice week, then once a week, then twice monthly, then once monthly then every 6 weeks . . .

PTSD - have to do with emotions? .. . .yes one characteristics is blunted affect - an emotive state that does not seem to jive with what they are talking about - emotive distance

can't tell you what structure of the brain makes this happen . . . . feeling of detachment and disconnected . . ..

do they have the detachment when talking about the experience that caused PTSd . . . . yes quite common in this disorder

additional stress have effect on someone with PTSD . . .difficult for a soldier to talk about particular experience . .. one would not just dive in there and talk about this experience because that could be very detrimental. . . . . could Ms. Arias . . ..

testifying for anyone could be stressful . . . add stress with ptSD . . . contribute to blunted affect? . . . .it has the potential possible illicit specific thoughts . . . . generally speaking

detachment a defense mechanism? . . . can be to block individual psychological contact . . . . amnesia can sometimes be a help .. . .amnesia is prescribed by the brain . . .but the person puts distance between selves and the actual thing that happened.

Derealization? evidence of that in JA? . . .the intruders was a disconnect with reality

how about her leaving a voicemail on tA's after she had killed her . . . distancing herself from being involved that day - puts a barrier between self and the act strange but it does happen

depersonal . . . . another way of the mind trying to put psychological distance between itself and the stress event . . . . she did not confide in her mother or father . . . . no where to turn to . . . .

she spoke to Leslie Udy . . . wish kids to play together (TA & JA) borders on ?

function as alternative reality was reality . . .

JA sent flowers to TA's grandmother - along with same type of behavior - there may have been some sorrow on her part too . . . . same thing I was discussing earlier with regard to JA

tremors and shaking . .. . he noticed sometimes she was shaking at times usually content related . . .. he is reading from DSM4 criteria . .. already marked . . . he did not bring the actual red book (DSM-IV) that was marked into evidence last week an he was given back to take with him . . . he brought a portable version - doesn't have the explanatory text - but this you can carry around . . .

in PTsd shaking and tremors can fall into that particular criteria - a person responds physiologically -- (JA' is biting her nails today looking very pale)

other internal cues - he did observe her shaking . . . not epileptic type much milder - you might not notice it . . . . . . if her hand was down probably would not notice it as much . . . she did tell sometimes she would shake - shaking began around 2007 if he was venturing a guess . . . when tA would get angry @ her an yell @ her . . .

times when Dr. saw her shaking ./ / /I didn't get around tothat . . . . I didn't play with that - I didn't do an experiment to see . . . . didn't have time for that . .. .

shaking a form of elevated anxiety? yes can be a form of anxiety - a characteristic of PTsd

when men yell or raise their voice that causes her stress and anxiety . . . she told Dr. of this . . . if a man is upset with her she feels most anxious and she shakes . . . this type of anxiety or stress is different than June 4th? yes this is normal anxiety people experience frequently . .. jittery knee, scratch their head, heartrate go up, hands get clammy,

problem with finding words? . . .yes many have cognitive function . . . word finding - common occuance stage fright . . . just prior to performance - performance anxiety - someone who might forget their lines . . . they might

is this someone who should get mental treatment for? . . . if it interferes with their life . . . when the issue disrupts flow of life - creates problems. . . .can' get on bus, light rail, or car to go somewhere.

people with having problem standing up and talking in front of a group of people . . . no some anxiety is helpful for people for experiences later in life

what you know happened on June 4th is based upon what? . . . crime scene photos, police reports, at least one detective report, interviews with detectives - video-recording . . . watched those . . ..

looking @ the photo - you don't know but you gathered from all of the
objection
approach

OMG - judge let his crime scene evaluation in?!?!?!

He's talking about why she (is lying about) doesn't remember.

Isn't this trial about why she murdered Travis?

Why is this testimony relevant?

DoubleFacepalm.jpg

OMg did the judge allow this crimescene opinion in? Is he a profiler? or a crimescene tech? I don't understand this.

Oh please-now he is going to interpret the crime scene photos? Give me a break!.

I'm back ....

I see Samuels is still on the stand and Wilmott just brought up the subject of "the crime scene" and Juan's asking to approach. Have I missed anything earth shattering?

He should NOT have been watching the trial on TV to watch the videos

It's been driving me nuts trying to figure out where I've seen Dr. Samuels before. It finally hit me it was the boss in the comic strip "Sally Forth"!
sallyforth_zps3c078c62.jpg

Sneaky!!!!!!!!!! Is Jennifer trying to pull what they JUST were going to argue about this morning and they withdrew their motion??????

Holy cow!! Is there anything this quack isn't supposedly an expert in?? C'mon!!:what:

I don't think this is going to go over with the jury at all. I hope Juan brings him back by asking him if Jodi helped Travis to pass away. YMLSOB

In recent years, it seems the new tactic is to put the victim on trial. I can't understand how these lawyers can get away with that kind of c**p! If they want to do that, shouldn't Travis- or his family- be able to speak up for him? It's like he's being put on trial without him being able to confront his accuser. Isn't that how the law is supposed to work?

The man's family has to just sit there without being able to say a word. Even if Travis was interested in little boys, what does that have to do with someone on trial for murdering him? It doesn't make him less dead, or her less of a murderer.

I guess the defense is now trying to show that it was Travis' own fault that Jodi slaughtered him. Or maybe that he deserved to die because he was supposedly a 'deviant'.

We need an entire re-do of our IN-justice system because these days the victim is put on trial, and the actual murderer can make up any excuse imaginable (or not).

I've been watching "Lockup-RAW" lately, and it's beyond belief how much we taxpayers are paying to house and care for all these criminals. It really makes me sick. :furious:

Our so called justice system has become a joke; i just saw a case on Investigative ID where this woman killed her husband and she confessed. next thing ya know she changed everything she had confessed to; now she was abused, physically and mentally, she has PTSD and all the same stuff that Jodi is alleging (minus the pedophilia); it is standard fare now that defense attornies use in these cases and it is disgusting. trash the victim, put the victim on trial. I too am furious.

Could she respond to one objection today without I freaking sidebar?

Still can not understand the shaking issue? Maybe she gets cold???:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members