trial day 32: the defense continues its case in chief #93

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone really got body slammed on a tile floor they would be leaving the house in an ambulace not walking.
If you don't believe me get someone to body slam you on the sidewalk if you don't have a tile floor.Then you come on this site and tell me how fast you could move after.
According to Jodi it dosen't hurt much and you can still run fast and everything.Im sure RIPLEYS would like to see that one.

I agree with you! She wouldn't be able to walk out of there unscathed.

I was proud that JM brought out the fact that this fake doc claimed in previous testimony that JA was "Suicidal". He never reported that to proper authorities. And he never put it in his dam report - Remember when he added C5 and C7 to his report? If you don't remember, just wait - JM will remind you. This guy is a joke. Juan Martinez is truly trying to get justice for Travis Alexander and I have a feeling the jury knows this.

:seeya: Just had a thought after reading your post ... fwiw ... lol !

Sometimes I wonder IF HLN would like to see JA get off because it will help their ratings ?

IF she gets the DP or LWOP, everyone will say ... "well ya know, we expected that ... blah blah blah ..."

And IF she walks [God forbid!] then their ratings go up and that = $$$$$ ... because everyone will be tuned in for weeks -- months -- to see "what went wrong?"

I hope that made sense ... MOO !

:seeya:

Yep. That's what happened with that "other trial...."
Moo.

Did anyone else notice JA mouth the word "no" today when RS was talking about the rope being tied around her? I forget when he said it, or what his exact words were, but she mouthed "no".

I missed that but did notice when Samuels was testifying as to the extent of JA's PTSD in broad terms, she said wow.I couldn't decide if it was a wow I really fooled this doctor or wow so that's why Nurmi told me to say x, y,or z.

She was very animated today I noticed.

I wonder what the Snow White and the Seven Dwarves lady is feeeellliing like tonight?

Okay - HLN's 'recreation scene' is BEYOND disappointing. They have "a few" shelves in the closet, no doors, no shower door, no toilet room door I don't see sinks (?) and the mere fact that they have that half-torso styrofoam 'dummy' (who's head looks to be of accurate size - but the body is of a 5-6 year old. And I didn't see them actually do a run-through per the photos.

What a flipping let down. Done well and accurately, something like this *could* have been SO interesting.

Gah.

I agree! Must be a tight budget! The shelves in the closet don't look nearly as tall as those that were in Travis's closet. One of the jurors asked if the shower door interfered with the closet door and he was told that the shower door swung towards the tub not the closet. What I wondered was...if the shower door swung towards the tub and obviously during the "fight" Travis isn't going to take the time to close the shower door behind him. So, it had to be open during the body slam and then the gun shot. Wouldn't the shower door obstruct some of the blood splatter that was in front of the tub? That would suggest that some of the blood would have gotten on the inside of the shower door. It could have gotten washed off during the cleanup but wouldn't the spray on the floor have a straight edge because of the shower door blocking some of it. Hard to explain without a drawing but KWIM?

I am honestly amazed that these "experts" are willing to put their professional life on the line for a few bucks. Aren't they the slightest bit worried about their own futures?

The "not MD" suggested suicide but tried to indicate that it was not suicide. Any professional psychologist would not be messing around with anything that describes a person expressing the will to kill themselves. JM made that abundantly clear today. He felt "absolved" by stating he told her attorneys but he had an ethical requirement to inform the jail of his concerns if he felt that they were valid. So, he didn't believe them to be valid or he failed in his professional obligations. One or the other. No other way around that one.

I hope he's awake and sweating it out tonight.

moo

I think her entire team are probably awake and sweating it out tonight. How many times did Samuels and the lawyers mention that she was suicidal? Not one of them must of taken her words seriously.

Did anyone else notice JA mouth the word "no" today when RS was talking about the rope being tied around her? I forget when he said it, or what his exact words were, but she mouthed "no".

Seen that!:floorlaugh:

Dr. Sam said he must have left the documents at home.
Bet tomorrow he tells us the dog ate em :floorlaugh:

Good reason she would have to be retested and now be diagnosed with PTSD, FVRSC, BTUFB, FLB, and TNTLJ :great:

We shall see - Could be anything - They only said in court that the Pros interviewed "somebody" on Thursday and that it will be in court tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder about WalMart and Tesoro.....

I think it's the Doc... Thurs. was when the judge gave Juan time to interview Samuels due to the new evidence (powerpoint, etc.) Samuels prepared the day before (and Juan had never seen). I'm going to go back to todays cross and see in what context this came up.

Patricia Cornwell was on Peirs Morgan tonight. Her take on what happened (based on the autopsy photos) was that JA surprised Travis, he came out of the shower, JA stabbed him in the chest area, he threw up his hands to defend himself, turned and stumbled to the sink trying to get away. JA mercilessly and savagely stabbed Travis over and over again in the back as he fought desperately to escape. THEN she shot him.
People hate Piers (many hate Cornwell) but unlike Vinny and the Goof Men Crew on HLN, their brief discussion on JA was somber and sincere.

I don't watch Piers, and Kay Scarpetta has become unbearable, but I am glad to hear Patricia Cornwell's take on this. I think it is a likely scenario, seems to match the physical evidence.

ok from someone from another country,these ads are bizarre compared to what we have here :O

I have a "gift" that causes me to automatically zone out when commercials come on. TV or radio, I just zone out. But for those times I happen to pay attention-I agree, very bizarre. :seeya:

Arias told Samuels that the "icky" photos were taken WHILE she was straddling Travis - or he was straddling her - SOMEONE was straddling the other. So Juan showed him the pics, asking basically - If you LOOK at these pics, you can see that's not possible.

Of course, doc hadn't bothered to look at all the pics to even try to determine if she was lying. LYING!!
He's a greedy soul-selling ................

Thank you so much-I was reading here and didn't hear it all.

And the big issue for me with this is that this guy brought a huge luggage case. Yet in all that paperwork he forgets two key documents? There was a reason for that.

Welcome! Can someone make sure JM has this info!!!

I don't think she's crooked or a charlatan. I have a feeling she's going to testify honestly and based on the data she has examined, without defensiveness. We will see. If not, JM will get her too.

No.

I don't want Samuels to get it together and give the jury something to stand on. I'd rather things continue as is: with Juan winning by a landslide.

She's simply making notes for redirect. All attorneys do this.

No. IMO, she's trying to avoid having the jury hear anything that will make the attorneys look bad.

Thanks for your input and expertise. I appreciate you and our other lawyers clarifying things for us!

There are no pictures of JA straddling TA. The Quack Dr. took notes while interviewing JA and she told him that the "naughty pictures" were taken by TA while she was straddling him. Yet another lie she told and one that the Dr. didn't bother to understand.

moo

Thank you!

I sure hope she hasn't fooled one person in the jury box with her carp. :please:

And I respect yours as well. I have no trouble disagreeing with others here.

ETA: I do want to make this point though - about the judge allowing Jodi to lie about Travis being a pedophile, there is nothing at all the judge can do to prevent that. It is solely the jury's job to judge whether a witness or evidence is credible. If the judge has disallowed that testimony, the case would have certainly been reversed on appeal if Jodi had been convicted.

BBM
Thanks for clarifying, and all of your helpful input. I know this is how the whole "dad molested me" baloney got into the Caylee case, and figured this was the same deal. It is just so :banghead: since the state is so limited in what they can present. I know why, however I think courts have gone far afield of anything sensible when it comes to what defendant's can get away with. moo

No, Juan was disproving what Jodi told the Dr. Her version was after Travis cut the rope from her ankles and wrist he took pictures while she straddled him.. Juan showed him the pics, Dr admitted there was no straddling..

TY!

Laviolette does not have a Ph.D. But... heck! She got her associates degree in Phys, Ed, at GCC! (Glendale Community College - where my daughter is just now transferring out of to attend ASU).

The one thing that sticks out (for me) about ALV's CV is the seemingly implied message of "Men = Abusers. Women = Victims."

This is often true, but it is not always true. Anyone who may have thought otherwise before this case ought to have figured this out by now - as this is a clear case of a female abuser/stalker/terrorist/killer.

I think the dynamics may be able to be categorized differently (in 'general', but I have my doubts that this expert will be comfortable speaking about the female abuser. Hm. We'll see.

Yes. Of course but she has written about female abusers and she's implied that when they act they are in a position of power - aka "armed". Sound like something we've been hearing?

moo

I was proud that JM brought out the fact that this fake doc claimed in previous testimony that JA was "Suicidal". He never reported that to proper authorities. And he never put it in his dam report - Remember when he added C5 and C7 to his report? If you don't remember, just wait - JM will remind you. This guy is a joke. Juan Martinez is truly trying to get justice for Travis Alexander and I have a feeling the jury knows this.
I agree, and I expect the pedo inferences to come up tomorrow. They are such a lowdown dirty lie, and I think it offends Juan as much as Travis' family.

Think about it. I am a woman, if I wanted to kill a man, I would use a gun. Shot and it's done. Throw the gun away, no evidence. Why go through the trouble of stabbing someone, that makes a very bloody crime scene. Dragging the body back to the shower would be very difficult. And then removing all the bloody evidence, that takes a lot of time and being in a frantic and panic mode. I am sure she put the stuff in the laundry along with the camera in hence but the camera was never meant to go there.

In her panic, she had no idea what she was doing. Clean the whole crime scene, but leave your palm print, very stupid, but she cleaned up enough and knew she had to get out before the roommate came home. Very sloppy and rushed.

If she took the camera with her and threw it with the gun it would never have been found.

If she saw the handprint and washed it off, we would never be here, because there would be no evidence.

What a dummy she was.

This whole thing was premeditated from the start.

Why would she pack Dvds to show Travis, if she had no idea she was going there.

She really is a piece of work.

I agree with you. But IIRC, the defense did have an expert to say she thought the shot came first but Juan got her to admit that she never examined Travis' body like the ME did and so her opinion wouldn't be as sound as his. Did this happen?

Not unless I was in one of JA's fogs.

I saw her do that. If I am not mistaken Dr. said that Travis cut the rope off of her and she said "No". Jodi is thinking, "If you are going to testify get my lies straight."

Ok, someone please tell me what the story with the Toblorone (sp) is all about. I've seen quite a few comments referencing it but no clue it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member