trial day 32: the defense continues its case in chief #93

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He came back a little more toned down but not intimidated. What a lame shot that was on the part of the DA. This is the kind of stuff I think the jury understands. Especially after the extremely boring (Nurmi) and condescending/school Marm (Wilcott) questioning the DA does. The equivalent would be JM objecting to "And let me ask you thiiiiisss,,," or "And how did thaaatttt make you fee eel"? Everyone's got their own style.

Wilcott's silly smirks and expressions today made her look more like JA than anything else. She's obviously taking instructions from her client.

ROFL

moo

The smirk certainly diapered when Juan got a hold of Samuels on the stand. Yeah, Her look was completely different. I saw a little bit of "what the hello is going on and I think there is trouble brewing.

If someone really got body slammed on a tile floor they would be leaving the house in an ambulace not walking.
If you don't believe me get someone to body slam you on the sidewalk if you don't have a tile floor.Then you come on this site and tell me how fast you could move after.
According to Jodi it dosen't hurt much and you can still run fast and everything.Im sure RIPLEYS would like to see that one.

If Travis body slammed her - We would not see her on the stand today. This is really sickening

I saw her do that. If I am not mistaken Dr. said that Travis cut the rope off of her and she said "No". Jodi is thinking, "If you are going to testify get my lies straight."

Yes. She did that wrinkled forehead thing she did with JM at times; it was more like a "no, you stupid ijut"...Like a teenager being told they can't go out.

LOL

I missed that but did notice when Samuels was testifying as to the extent of JA's PTSD in broad terms, she said wow.I couldn't decide if it was a wow I really fooled this doctor or wow so that's why Nurmi told me to say x, y,or z.

She was very animated today I noticed.

Which direction is the judge looking when Jodi is testifying? On an earlier date, Jodi started to put on the little lost girl act. When she did this, her attorney started laughing while she was testifying. Then he was covering his mouth. He should be fined.

And what was interesting was during JM's cross of Samuels about the pix, when JM was mentioning she was straddling him & he was climaxing (paraphrasing) Jodi was vehemently shaking her head no & then talked to Wilmott.

That was one of the only times I have seen her react. What's up with that?

JM referred to it as another JA lie and asked if Samuels had an obligation while acting on behalf of the State, on its nickel, to corroborate in order to separate her fiction from her fantasies and her lies. [My paraphrase] :liar:

About the test that Jodi answered on regular paper and the phd transcribed her answers to the actual test: Is this the one that he said was sent out for analysis, because he did not have the program to do so? I'm thinking it was never sent out and validated because this would have cost the phd $$. I hope Juan asks for documentation of the results with validation!

Yes. Of course but she has written about female abusers and she's implied that when they act they are in a position of power - aka "armed". Sound like something we've been hearing?

moo

Interesting. I was not aware that she wrote about female abusers. That makes me feel a little better.

I have read studies that when women are the abusers, there is more risk of serious injury because they use weapons and not just physical force. Something like that.

I'll admit that I didn't watch most of the direct because I knew it was BS, but did RS performed an MMPI on JA? It still remains one of the gold standards and is easily invalidated by an individual trying to "game" the test. I wonder if the doctor buried any test results that didn't support the defense, and simply disregarded them. If so, he's toast. Even he he admits to not performing standard tests, he is toast. I just don't see any way for this guy to redeem himself...unless he meets with the defendant tonight and gets a lesson in spin testifying. Again, I can't help but cringe when JM is unleashed onto a witness, but then it always pays off. My only wish is that he would start by playing nice and then move into the attack mode when they squirm. But, then, meh...it wouldn't be nearly as fun!!

bbm.
No he did not.

He gave her the Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory (MCMI - though I'm not sure which version - II or III? - he kept pronouncing it 'Milan' - which I could not find evidence of) and an abbreviated PTSD self-assessment (iIrc).

I did NOT hear him EVER mention the MMPI - which one would think would be included. Unless he said something about it today after lunch, he did not administer this test.

I heard the THs this afternoon say that he stated he both evaluated AND treated her - for what? And how? Medication? Seeing her every 3 months? Pshaw...

One thing Doc Samuels said today has me really thinking. He said he read all of her journals and he just never read anything negative in them. Gotta say I am no shrink but there is definitely some red flashing lights and sirens going off in my head about that statement. Kinda like Ms. Arias just creates her own little reality with each entry. Something wrong with that picture.

Did anyone else notice JA mouth the word "no" today when RS was talking about the rope being tied around her? I forget when he said it, or what his exact words were, but she mouthed "no".
Yes, I did see that. It was right after Samuels said that Travis would cut the ropes right at the time he climaxed.

I think her mouthing the 'no' will wind up looking good for the Prosecution. This witness is testifying on her behalf, yet she's even calling him a liar. According to her EVERYONE lies, but her. Not looking good!

There are no pictures of JA straddling TA. The Quack Dr. took notes while interviewing JA and she told him that the "naughty pictures" were taken by TA while she was straddling him. Yet another lie she told and one that the Dr. didn't bother to understand.

moo
i thought JA said they made a sex tape/ video with her camera.

I used to be able to stomach Piers, but lately I find that his show is better than other offerings out there.
HLN put together a pitiful re-creation of crime scene and didn't go from the pictures, they are too busy worrying how to draw the viewers in by pimping their show every 2 minutes/ among the endless commercials (waste more time to repeat about pause/play), must pay all the talking head lawyers. Some of those defense lawyers make you want to throw something at the TV, they are just pitiful with their remarks.

We shall see - Could be anything - They only said in court that the Pros interviewed "somebody" on Thursday and that it will be in court tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder about WalMart and Tesoro.....

Last Thurs. JM was given an hr to interview RS, I believe that is what they are talking about. Det Flores attended the interview with JM and will bring the tape tomorrow morning.

Ok, someone please tell me what the story with the Toblorone (sp) is all about. I've seen quite a few comments referencing it but no clue it means.
Supposedly, he went to her house and did some "naughty" stuff with her on the porch of her house (that made her feel yucky) and he then dropped a toblerone on the porch (Nurmi said he "threw" it). Does any of this sound remotely plausible to you? If so, wade through the 18 day mound of chit testibaloney she made...

Looking forward to future discussions!

moo

bbm.
No he did not.

He gave her the Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory (MCMI - though I'm not sure which version - II or III? - he kept pronouncing it 'Milan' - which I could not find evidence of) and an abbreviated PTSD self-assessment (iIrc).

I did NOT hear him EVER mention the MMPI - which one would think would be included. Unless he said something about it today after lunch, he did not administer this test.

I heard the THs this afternoon say that he stated he both evaluated AND treated her - for what? And how? Medication? Seeing her every 3 months? Pshaw...

Version 3. I just heard him say that in the part that I'm watching :D

She did state that. They are not discussing the supposed TAPE. The "not Dr." made notes when he was interviewing JA for his assessment. In those notes, he wrote what JA told him. His notes reflect that she told him the "naughty pics" were taken by TA while she was straddling him having sex. The naughty pics do not show this.

moo

ETA - I had doubts before that they ever had sex that day. Today, I am convinced that they did not.

She also said she wasn't at Travis's and then ninjas attacked them...

There was no sex tape.

Imo

Version 3. I just heard him say that in the part that I'm watching :D

Yes. Today, he made quite the point of indicating that it was "slash 3" aka version 3. Notice how he didn't bring the big red (outdated) book back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurtisEmant