trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juan did not disappoint. I was worried I was asking too much after yesterday's wonderful performance, but they just keep on coming.
Arias is indeed toast. By association, Samuel's career may be too.

test designed for psychiatric patients only....he needs to take the test himself and admit himself into psych ward. So sorry for all the patients that went to this man for help thru the years...

Please...what did JW do that wasn't o.k.?! If someone answered me earlier I missed it as the posts are going so fast. I need to know before lunch.

What the frig did he bring in his pull along bag if he left the test scores, and the question sheets and things that are pretty relevent on his desk at hom....his teddy and soothie?

Probably a portable mini bar..

What the frig did he bring in his pull along bag if he left the test scores, and the question sheets and things that are pretty relevent on his desk at hom....his teddy and soothie?

That is typical of "paid" experts. Never record anything, take minimal notes, don't bring to court something that the Pros. might call for. It's all subterfuge, if they tailored their report to help someone get off. jmo:seeya:

The interpretation of the scored MMPI is relatively easy. Jodi’s score doesn’t qualify for PTSD. In addition, realize that many patients exaggerate their symptoms and Jodi likely did too, but she still didn't “qualify” as having PTSD.

I'm sure Juan went over all this with HIS expert. Funny though that she scored a 69 and STILL failed. Seems appropriate somehow! :great:

why don't they just say multiple personality and get it over with- shes the ninja, the victim. the killer, the sexpot, the librarian, the ky spokeperson, the whatever- the liar and the abused killer or the abused victim . take your pick and mix and match-lol . who the hell are you jodi? all or how many? if your in trauma you frickin did it to yourself !

Whoop!

:great:

I understand JA's issues with control and controlling the questioning, even her own counsel. But, I have rarely seen a witness fight so much to be in charge of everything in the courtroom. It makes him come across as vested in the outcome rather than just an expert providing an expert opinion.
I so agree - SIR ;)

I understand JA's issues with control and controlling the questioning, even her own counsel. But, I have rarely seen a witness fight so much to be in charge of everything in the courtroom. It makes him come across as vested in the outcome rather than just an expert providing an expert opinion.

It's driving me nuts! I don't know if he's doing it to save his own neck or Jodi. Probably both! Ugh. :facepalm:

test designed for psychiatric patients only....he needs to take the test himself and admit himself into psych ward. So sorry for all the patients that went to this man for help thru the years...

He probably will before this is all said and done.

The interpretation of the scored MMPI is relatively easy. Jodi’s score doesn’t qualify for PTSD. In addition, realize that many patients exaggerate their symptoms and Jodi likely did too, but she still didn't “qualify” as having PTSD.

This is why I hate standardized psychological tests in forensic settings. They are not reliable IMO because people have a huge incentive to try to beat the test and present themselves as better (or worse) than they actually are. The tests are designed for people who are seeking diagnosis and treatment, not people who are trying to portray themselves in a certain way to a jury.

I think standardized psych evaluations in court are largely voodoo. An expert hired by either side can spin them however they want, and it end up telling us nothing very meaningful.

defensive~

(not a quality becoming of an expert):twocents:

someone said they were lost on base numbers:

let's say I am being tested for a thyroid disorder just random #s here for example:

in order for hypo (low) the number would have to be below 50 (49-1)
in order for hyper (overactive) the number would need to be above 100 (101-150)

making the normal range 50-100

in order for JA to have PTSD she would have to score 75 or above.....she didn't
HTH :twocents:

If anyone missed the Sparks flying between JM and the witness they are about to begin on HLN

Nurmi isn't as bad but Wilmot is just weird! So similar to JA in some ways.
Delusional.

It's about winning. Nothing more. Nothing less. Speaking to Client and Defense. IMO

Can you imagine being JM's significant other?I wouldn't even attempt to win an argument with him!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim