DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
pluralhy·poth·e·ses

Definition of HYPOTHESIS

a: an assumption or concession made for the sake of argument

I am waiting for coakerqueen post the morning session,so I can read their conversation.If anyone sees it up,can you let me know-Thanks

When you use a copyrighted psychological test you buy the booklets with the questions and you buy the answer sheets. That's how the copyright holders make their money from the test. I would imagine that this guy is too cheap to actually buy the products.

Thank you, I thought it was just another case of lazy and sloppy work on the defense side. This doesn't make it any better. He is being cheap and basically stealing, bringing yellow legal pads to court to save a few bucks.

Just like this guy taking the stand to say anything for $$ he has no problem out right stealing work for his own job for $$.

He really is Gus #2. Does anything for a buck and has an ego the size of a school bus.

Dang real life - someone walked in my office and I am behind 10 pages!

When you use a copyrighted psychological test you buy the booklets with the questions and you buy the answer sheets. That's how the copyright holders make their money from the test. I would imagine that this guy is too cheap to actually buy the products.

So he can't copy it because of copyright infringements. He uses the question booklet over and over again and has clients write the answers on a sheet pad. This is why he will not bring in the answer sheet he filled in for her. He just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

Samuels was in fight or flight mode. Since he could not leave the stand, he chose to fight. Not a good choice, bro.

This is why I hate standardized psychological tests in forensic settings. They are not reliable IMO because people have a huge incentive to try to beat the test and present themselves as better (or worse) than they actually are. The tests are designed for people who are seeking diagnosis and treatment, not people who are trying to portray themselves in a certain way to a jury.

I think standardized psych evaluations in court are largely voodoo. An expert hired by either side can spin them however they want, and it end up telling us nothing very meaningful.

Those questions really were ridiculous, and as a basis for a diagnosis and defense in a murder trial? How can he keep a straight face while he's testifying to that?

HLN just paused on the score sheet from the MCMI that JA took . . . .
I saw 75 on Anxiety but in scanning the sheet I did not see any other high scores . . . .

anyone else see the actual test score numbers?

This is why I hate standardized psychological tests in forensic settings. They are not reliable IMO because people have a huge incentive to try to beat the test and present themselves as better (or worse) than they actually are. The tests are designed for people who are seeking diagnosis and treatment, not people who are trying to portray themselves in a certain way to a jury.

I think standardized psych evaluations in court are largely voodoo. An expert hired by either side can spin them however they want, and it end up telling us nothing very meaningful.
ITA. There are several sites on the Internet devoted to "beating" such standardized psychological exams for people that have to take them for LE job interviews.

Rewound a little bit here - the good 'doctor' gave Jodi the same test that was faxed to him that same month, but has many copies of the test on his desk, but grabbed that one?
If he had multiple copies of the test, why would he need it faxed? And if you're an expert witness being paid for your opinion in a court of law, why would you bring a faxed copy to court?
I know they're kind of rhetorical questions, but you'd think he could have come up with a better reason... which is kind of sad.
Not as sad as the senseless slaying of Travis Alexander, though.

Please...what did JW do that wasn't o.k.?! If someone answered me earlier I missed it as the posts are going so fast. I need to know before lunch.

willnott was saying to the judge that Juan lied and the jury needs to know and the judge told her she could take it up on re-direct. Not sure what her issue was but I am sure we will hear it on re-direct.

Dr Samuels comes across as very defensive. This just makes him appear unprofessional. I know he is a hired fun, but he has hurt his own credibility by being dishonest. Hey all the witnesses should be taught by the ME. He was calm and cool and professional....and good to look at also! :)

Did anyone see the Schizophrenia score when Juan :heartbeat: placed the tests score sheet on the screen? I thought I saw a pretty high number there as well…. Do not even try to imply, JA, that this test wasn't entirely a manipulative tool!!

did anybody get a screen capture of the scores?

I did!!!!!!!!!!!
scores.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members