trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the doc is coming back after lunch?

I'd be propping up the nearest bar if I was him.

Bloomin' tightwad to say the least!

Can you imagine if he did come back a little tipsy!!! :floorlaugh:

Just what this circus needs is a court jester......:facepalm:

This is why I hate standardized psychological tests in forensic settings. They are not reliable IMO because people have a huge incentive to try to beat the test and present themselves as better (or worse) than they actually are. The tests are designed for people who are seeking diagnosis and treatment, not people who are trying to portray themselves in a certain way to a jury.

I think standardized psych evaluations in court are largely voodoo. An expert hired by either side can spin them however they want, and it end up telling us nothing very meaningful.

Thanks Minor 4th. I am neither an attorney, nor a doctor. i totally agree with you.

Bearing in mind that I confess to be totally ignorant of this subject, can one of you, who does understand, explain to me why one would give a test based on persons already in therapy to a person who is undiagnosed and untreated. I suppose there is an answer but in my confusion it appears to be apples and oranges at this time. In other words why assume she fits into the test structure for patients versus the normal population? Call me utterly confused.

Rewound a little bit here - the good 'doctor' gave Jodi the same test that was faxed to him that same month, but has many copies of the test on his desk, but grabbed that one?
If he had multiple copies of the test, why would he need it faxed? And if you're an expert witness being paid for your opinion in a court of law, why would you bring a faxed copy to court?
I know they're kind of rhetorical questions, but you'd think he could have come up with a better reason... which is kind of sad.
Not as sad as the senseless slaying of Travis Alexander, though.

my guess (and only a guess) is he is keeping all the originals for his book - "being a professional witness for dummies"

I think the good Dr (PhD er) is getting a bit testy lol.... He is just getting busted all over the place. I notice he keeps looking over at Jodi as if to say "I am sorry." bad bad bad....
Jodi looks reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal pissed off!!! She is sure is vigorously writing in her journal made at Martinez and probably mad at Samuel for not doing better "for her" on the stand.

JMHO

Can you imagine being JM's significant other?I wouldn't even attempt to win an argument with him!!!

What? No! He's like this with criminals! I bet he's a real sweetheart with people in general. :blushing:

I talked to my therapist friend again and asked her about Samuels' New Jersey ethics violation. I had been focusing on the ethics of evaluating just one parent and then taking that parent on as a client for therapy but interestingly she told me the bartering was an ethical violation as well.

A relationship between a therapist and a patient is never one of parity because the therapist has influence over the patient. Bartering therapy for services is an ethical violation because it could involve or give the appearance of exploitation. How much is the therapy worth versus the dental work? Maybe the therapist is overvaluing his work and undervaluing the dentist's work. When is therapy over, when the patient no longer needs it or when the therapist is caught up with his dental work?

So he can't copy it because of copyright infringements. He uses the question booklet over and over again and has clients write the answers on a sheet pad. This is why he will not bring in the answer sheet he filled in for her. He just keeps getting deeper and deeper.
His cheapness might get him another sanction...or more CME hours... How stupid to xerox an item that is copyright protected and use it in a big time trial!

Can you imagine if he did come back a little tipsy!!! :floorlaugh:

Just what this circus needs is a court jester......:facepalm:

You mean he wasn't when he took the stand?

someone said they were lost on base numbers:

let's say I am being tested for a thyroid disorder just random #s here for example:

in order for hypo (low) the number would have to be below 50 (49-1)
in order for hyper (overactive) the number would need to be above 100 (101-150)

making the normal range 50-100

in order for JA to have PTSD she would have to score 75 or above.....she didn't
HTH :twocents:

Wouldn't this explain why the marked up sheet was not computer analyzed? He wanted to be able to control the outcome of the report???

Can you imagine being JM's significant other?I wouldn't even attempt to win an argument with him!!!

Whomever they are, they are very lucky! He's a prince among men, and a great defender of Travis. Bless him a thousand times!

Wow...just tuning in now. He seems to be a lot more testy than he did yesterday. I'm sure the DT told him he was not helping Jodi!

If you missed the first fifteen minutes or so then you have to see it later. The beginning was by far the best:floorlaugh:

:doorhide:Jodi has that same eerie look today as she did when on cross with Juan. The creepy delirious eyes and head movements. She's beaming of a sociopathic stalker-ish glow. Ick!

JA's expressions are very interesting. She seems to be acting haughty or righteous, as if this were going well for her...

The twin in the orange or coral shirt is practically laying down on her side in her chair.

I think JA LOVES it when JM gets all riled up because in her warped world she feels the more composed one is the winner.

JA gets downright delighted when JM is "in your face" because she truly believes that it is turning off the jury, while her DT is so very demure and patient and likable...um, not on this planet, Jodi.

His cheapness might get him another sanction...or more CME hours... How stupid to xerox an item that is copyright protected and use it in a big time trial!

I know. He just keeps getting deeper and deeper. Wonder if he took out a membership in PPL?????

Samuels' test validated my theory of why Jodi killed Travis. She answered the question re frequency of nightmares after the traumatic event with "0". It was prior to the traumatic event when Jodi faced recurring nightmares of Travis living happily ever after with his worthy Mormon wife and their smiling happy children in their beautiful friend-filled home. Only his death could end her torment. Once he was dispatched, no more nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double