trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. There are several sites on the Internet devoted to "beating" such standardized psychological exams for people that have to take them for LE job interviews.
And a few of those sites for the personality disordered specifically! :what:

Just what the world truly needs. ;)

Can you imagine being JM's significant other?I wouldn't even attempt to win an argument with him!!!

Can you imagine being his child? They get away with nothing!! I am taking notes!

my guess (and only a guess) is he is keeping all the originals for his book - "being a professional witness for dummies"

Absolutely, I agree - but why make a copy of a fax sent to you shortly before you administered a test if you have an original? Why copy a fax, not the original?

OMG!!! I say let "Should of wore make-up" Jodie see this. She may kill herself and save us all a lot of time and money!

That is one Ugly B----!:facepalm:

that may be tough for the jury to avoid seeing... :)

"Improper use of the test"... I can't believe the witness just said that... LOL

Absolutely, I agree - but why make a copy of a fax sent to you shortly before you administered a test if you have an original? Why copy a fax, not the original?

He doesn't have one! And he also doesn't have any answer sheets to use a #2 pencil on! Is this NORMAL?!? I'm really asking because I don't know if this is considered improper or not...

Sounds like Juan is wrong again. Sigh.

I highly doubt that. And what does that mean, "wrong again"? That suggests Juan is running around putting his foot in his mouth every day. Yet this is one of the most masterful prosecutions I have seen. He is an artist on cross. And I have only seen him wrong about something once or twice. On the other hand, his decimation of the defense has been complete. I don;t understand the need to be so pessimistic here.

When you use a copyrighted psychological test you buy the booklets with the questions and you buy the answer sheets. That's how the copyright holders make their money from the test. I would imagine that this guy is too cheap to actually buy the products.

Guys, he bills for the cost of the test. The cost of the test was NOT a factor in why he chose one over the other. The cost is part of the defense expert fee.

I maintain my position that there is something fishy about him not using the most widely conducted diagnostic exam in this case. And I think that's why JM questioned him on it.

That is understood, however what I was talking about is those who do have problems and maybe adhd among others will get bored/frustrated after 100 or so questions and will just mark anything out of frustration and not an attempt to beat the test

I stated that it was questionable that he didn't use it. The response was that it is a useless test. Not that it is useless for a specific population of people.

This test is typically used on adults in custody evaluations, not kids, BTW. They use different, shorter tests for that. In any event, while I agree with Minor4th that they can be interpreted by experts to some degree, it is scored by a computer and gives baselines. I have found it to be pretty effective in giving the examiner a good idea of what trouble areas there are and what possible mental issues are at play.

Again, given that the cost is covered by the defense and, according to this cat, he had the "luxury" of multiple visits with jodi, I do find it suspect he didn't use the most widely used diagnostic exam in his evaluation of jodi.

More questions can make it harder to beat and also harder to morph into the interpretation one wants. I think that's the point here.

Wouldn't this explain why the marked up sheet was not computer analyzed? He wanted to be able to control the outcome of the report???

My suspicions exactly. Or. . . just a hypothesis here . . . maybe he did computer score it first and the answers weren't "acceptable" so thus the hand-scoring.

I think the difference between sloppy, unprofessional Samuels and the prosecution counterpart rebuttal witness will be very stark.

Bearing in mind that I confess to be totally ignorant of this subject, can one of you, who does understand, explain to me why one would give a test based on persons already in therapy to a person who is undiagnosed and untreated. I suppose there is an answer but in my confusion it appears to be apples and oranges at this time. In other words why assume she fits into the test structure for patients versus the normal population? Call me utterly confused.
If only perfect mentally healthy people were used as the sample, there would not have been an ability to create measures to determine if someone was depressed, schizophrenic, paranoid, and etc...

Good grief!!! Atty Wilmott appears to have just landed on planet Earth! The constant look of shell-shock on her face is priceless, along with her eyes that are as big as flying saucers, lol. Did she go to law school on Planet Mars??? It looks like there has been no prep work whatsoever re Dr. Samuels. It also appears that JA is filling in the blanks for Wilmott. It should be interesting so see what transpires during lunch.

JM didn't waste any time going for the jugular with his not so subtle jab at Samuels - questioning why he didn't include her prior acts of sodomy plus her inconsistencies (LIES) in his Addendum. The suggestion of a 'relationship' was the coup d'etat!

Can hardly wait this afternoon!!! Go Juan!!!!!!

Something's up with the mention of a "relationship". I think we might have a JM gotcha moment after lunch. :moo:

Maybe I can catch up during lunch recess. This thread is moving so fast that I am 12 pages behind.

Something's up with the mention of a "relationship". I think we might have a JM gotcha moment after lunch. :moo:

I wondered about that too. It's such an explosive accusation to just throw out there without something to back it up. How insanely awesome will it be to watch that if he does?

Is the MCMI cheaper than the MMPI or something?

MCMI (IF he used the newest version, the older version is cheaper)
$27.25 for Profile Report
$46.50 for Interpretive Report

MMPI-2 (There are many versions and reports)
$45.80 for Interpretive Report
$62.75 for Forensic Report
(and I could go on....)

Oh, and then the fact that the MMPI-2 and the revised version both are much much longer and both have the option of taking the extended test.

Oh, and don't forget the very well known validity scoring in the MMPI-2. It's very hard to beat that unless you have inside information.

I wonder if Dr Samuels owns the MMPI-2 testing materials? I wonder if he has bought the updated materials.

I swear she's doing sneaky stuff. I posted a link a couple of days ago where she was sneaking stuff out of her orange folder and today she swiped a yellow file and either sat on it or put it on the floor! They've posted a youtube of it on the Facebook TSvsJA! It's unbelievable but someone in the courtroom should really be keeping an eye on her!

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member