trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #104

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T We are under a winter storm warning here in East Ky, heavy snow, 3-8 inches, If I leave, I will be back when hubby gets our generator up & running.:floorlaugh:

Can I have JM banging his desk in response to the quack's anger on repeat, please? Sooooo good.

Gah.
The TH's on HLN (I know ... But it's lunch recess, so I tuned in for a few minutes)
are all saying this is all great for the defense. Jean and some male defense arty are cheerleading Dr Sam ... Saying that he is able to make his points more clear to the jury with Juan's line of questioning.

They say Juan should move it along.
NO ... The jury needs to hear how ridiculous Samuels "evaluation" methods are.
Step by step Juan is dissecting.
Samuels started with a foundation built on LIES from JA - and just keeps adding more psycho-babble that goe round in circles.

Bull-hockey I say.
Juan is brick by brick dismantling everything Samuels has said.
Juan is a seasoned professional ... And there is a method to what he's doing.

Samuels has no idea how big that bus is that's coming towards him. lol

Listen, when the prosecutor is trying a death penalty case he should be asking/clarifying/addressing/explaining every single point/fact/issue about this case. If people are frustrated that Martinez is having to nail down everything not once, not twice but as many times as he feels is needed they need only remember the fine jury in Florida who allowed a murderer go free.:furious:

Clicking thanks, was just not enough :)

O/T We are under a winter storm warning here in East Ky, heavy snow, 3-8 inches, If I leave, I will be back when hubby gets our generator up & running.:floorlaugh:
Stay safe!!
Try to think of Juan's passion - that'll keep you warm.

Im confused about something - hoping you guys can help.

When discussing whether she has inability to concentrate, and RS cites that she has difficulty reading...are they not talking about this with regard to his post trauma diagnosis? Having read the BOM before the supposed trauma wouldn't seem to have any bearing so Im hoping I just missed something

She said she read it in jail.

wow....all of this trashing of Juan and praising of Sandy.....:banghead:

Stay warm !!!! Egads.. that is horrible to have snow now!!!

I wish Juan could play the doc's entire interview. Sounds like there's some good stuff in there we didn't know about before.
Arias's abuse towards her mother was a GREAT addition.

I wonder if that tape was from JM's original interview of Samuels or from the more recent one re his previously unreported "slideshow"? I hope it and more juicy bits are from the latter, because JW tried to pull a fast one there.

Folks say the jury is tired and Juan needs to sit down, yet they're still asking questions. They do realize the more questions they ask, the longer he's on the stand.

Jean C has almost always leaned toward the defense, unless she's on NG.

All the TH's like to criticize Juan and the job he's doing.... let's compare records and see who comes out on top, shall we?

I found WebSleuths a couple of weeks ago and am SO GLAD! When there is a break I would much rather come here for comments than listen to the TH's on HLN. Jinka has lost me forever - sold out - IMHO. Beth is the best.
Thanks to everyone for their insight and especially our courtroom observers like PASA and KatieCoollady. I have developed a genuine fondness for some of the jurors like Poquito and others just from your descriptions. Great job guys!

I couldn't disagree more.

I listened to numerous people criticize him for going on and on about the gas cans, and he brought that HOME. It went straight back to premeditation. He's the one holding the responsibility and he knows where he's going. With the shifty answers he gets from the killer and her quack, he has no choice but to stay on it.

And in response to not remembering who Flores and the ME and their testimony, etc. - Juan has cemented them and their testimony in my minds. I have no problem remembering who they are and what they've said.

I think what Juan is going to do is after he's done questioning the doc hes going to add up A BC D E and tally up the score as it should have been by the docs answers and it won't add up to enough to be a qualifier for PDST

Jean mentioning that one juror closest to Jodi doing a big uncovered yawn when Juan mentioned the Book of Mormon...I think she is one to watch...

Hln is so annoying mike galonos has jean and this atty on there! He thinks that the expert is being bullied.

Listen, when the prosecutor is trying a death penalty case he should be asking/clarifying/addressing/explaining every single point/fact/issue about this case. If people are frustrated that Martinez is having to nail down everything not once, not twice but as many times as he feels is needed they need only remember the fine jury in Florida who allowed a murderer go free.:furious:
Also, we aren't privy to his brilliant strategy - you never know what's coming.
I'm confident he'll tell us when he's ready.

I think it is FUNNY that people second guess JM.....thinking he should do this or that. Let the man do his job! It may be a long haul but personally if I had been LIED to as a juror I would not be irritated by someone setting the record straight. What IS frustrating is the DTs constant derailing of the train because they do not want THEIR witness' reports/docs entered into evidence, he is YOUR witness, you chose him. JM has been interrupted CONTINUOUSLY during his flow by the DTs stalling tactics.....want JM to move on THEN SHUT THE DT UP! and let him proceed :twocents:

Amen!

Be safe!!! Have you got the pantry stocked???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurlyClue