trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im soooooooooooo SICK of this prosecuter and this whole case actually ..This guy is gonna have a retirement home right beside the Casey Anthony prosecuters house when this is over . There's no dought she did it but it's the prosecuter's blowing all these cases . The defense isn't winning it for her thier just staying quiet and letting this moron rammble on forever and ever im tellin ya right now he's blowen this case . There will be fist fight's in the dam jury room.This trial and prosecuter is a JOKE....
I see it very differently than you. I do understand your concern - as there is no doubt that Arias murdered Travis Alexander.

I am more surprised at how argumentative Dr. Samuels was towards the state. All Dr. Samuels had to do was answer the questions - questions that he probably knew where going to be asked in advance. Dr. Samuels, as a man trained in compassion, empathy, sympathy with 35 years experience should know: The state is doing their job. I have no reason to be offended.

When Wilmott says, "You were asked questions about avoiding the trauma of killing Travis Alexander," Dr. Samuels simply replies, "yes."

If JM (the state) asked him that same question he probably would have harshly responded, "I'm trying to explain it to you. It's your fault because you grabbed my notes out of order. No, I did not respond to a question about trauma. Miss Arias indicated to me a level of indignity caused by a hemorrhage to her entanglement, sir let me finish, based on a contingency of culmination, no, no, if you let me answer the question, from this juncture situation."

When Wilmott asks "Does that mean avoiding what happened .... when she went to pay her respects to Travis Alexander?" Dr. Samuels simply responds, "absolutely it's living in a fantasy world."

If JM would have asked this question - Dr. Samuels would have become combative saying something such as, "Look, I don't know why you won't let me answer. Miss Arias went to pay her respects to Travis Alexander because she loved him. The love she has for Travis Alexander is a way for her to put up a block. No, I NEVER SAID Miss Arias loved Travis Alexander. 35 years of experience allows me to ascertain that Miss Arias was avoiding the reality of losing a person she cared very deeply about. I beg your pardon! I'm trying to tell you about how I took my notes with me to Palm Springs and if you would let me finish I can explain to you how Miss Arias loves Travis Alexander, and, how she doesn't love Travis Alexander. It is very complicated and requires 35 years of training."

Really? Arias went to the memorial service of the person she slaughtered because she was living in a fantasy world?

Arias went to the memorial service because she was proud of herself.

Arias butchered a human being - I would call that a "rough" day. I have had days where I locked my keys in my car, lost my cell phone, and shattered a plate by dropping it on the floor. After this kind of "rough" day, I want to relax in bed.

Arias butchered a human being - went on a road trip to her new lover's house.

Arias was irrelevant to Travis Alexander's grandmother - why would a female that dated her grandson for a couple of months send an Iris flower arrangement, and, write/send an 18 page note?

Even if Arias had not murdered Travis Alexander - Arias' behavior towards Travis Alexander's family after his murder was inappropriate.

Why can't the witnesses just answer the questions?

I feel so bad for Travis Alexander's lost life - and his family. There is no way to find a reason, excuse, justification, explanation for Arias' actions of butchering Travis Alexander, slicing his throat, and shooting him in the head.

Katiecoolady has said many times that no juror is bonding with KC. They barely look at her. It's her sick imagination plus the need for attention.

Her imagination seems to be on front row far left.

This is from opening arguments. They're like twins

jury_dress_zpse16c59a9.jpg

It's interesting to watch Arias get up on her haunches when she's talking to her lawyer.

some new notes have been added to the case history for 3/14/13

Source: http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

Case Documents

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
3/26/2013 094 - ME: Oral Argument Set - Party (001) 3/26/2013
3/25/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 3/25/2013
3/25/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 3/25/2013
3/24/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 3/25/2013
NOTE: FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER
3/22/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 3/22/2013
NOTE: DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER
3/21/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 3/21/2013
3/21/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 3/21/2013
3/18/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 3/18/2013
3/18/2013 005 - ME: Hearing - Party (001) 3/18/2013
3/15/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 3/15/2013
3/14/2013 ORD - Order - Party (001) 3/18/2013
NOTE: THAT TESORO COMPANIES INC PROVIDE TO COUNSEL FOR MS.ARIAS THE DAILY TRANSACTION RECORDS ASSOCIATED WITH ANY AND ALL TRANSACTIONS THAT TOOK PLACE 06/06/08 IN THEIR STORE LOCATED @ 1699 W NORTH TEMPLE, SALT LAKE CITY UTAH.
3/14/2013 ORD - Order - Party (001) 3/18/2013
NOTE: THAT WAL-MART INC PROVIDE TO COUNSEL FOR MS.ARIAS THE DAILY TRANSACTION RECORDS ASSOCIATED WITH ANY AND ALL RETURN TRANSACTIONS THAT TOOK PLACE 06/03/08 IN THEIR STORE LOCATED AT 1800 N MAIN SALINAS CALIFORNIA 93906

BBM

Actually it is. Premeditation is formed within a matter of seconds for the state of AZ'S definiton. It is the intent to kill. She intended to kill him when she didn't stop stabbing him. Even after that she could have stopped but she didn't-instead she almost decapitated him. She then shot him. At any point she could have stopped but she didn't...she kept on going until he was dead. That is not a self-defense manslaughter case by state standards. Inflicting a high degree of carnage, knowing that there was no way the person could survive is murder one....for AZ at least. Jodi's claim is self-defense. Not that it was an accident or that she didn't do it-she did it and she defended herself. Her claim does not hold up to the forensics...it shows she wanted him dead. So its murder one.

BBM

Wouldn't that be proven by the simple fact that she shot him and then stabbed him, or stabbed him 29 times and then shot him ... either way, it was serious overkill.

Dont think many Defense Attorney's get real excited about being "APPOINTED" to defend a murder.........It's a job that they have to do, Unless their OJ"s attorney's who get paid millions, that isn't the case in this situation...

Well I guess if you're going to be a public defender then you're going to have to defend people you'd rather not defend sometimes, and for a pretty crappy salary. Then, if you build a reputation by, say, getting people off when they seem really, really guilty, you can set up your own practice and defend people you'd rather not defend for a really good salary. Like Nurmi was trying to do.

Do you think JW wants to remain a public defender? Probably not. But she's got to have a good track record in order to get the big bucks down the road.

My opinion, of course.

BBM

Wouldn't that be proven by the simple fact that she shot him and then stabbed him, or stabbed him 29 times and then shot him ... either way, it was serious overkill.

I agree, irrespective of what came first, (I am in the gunshot first camp) was torture before death, and clearly meets the criteria for Murder 1. This was the courts position as well, thus why the defense call for mistrial due to Flores' testimony about the order of events was denied.

O/T. Italian court orders retrial of Amanda Knox in murder case.

BBM

Yeah pretty much. People get tied up in details and wanting answers to every little thing when in reality (for this case at least) the answer is in the crime itself. A lot of people don't realize what the legal definition of premeditation is (which can vary from state to state for technicalities but the basic gist is intent to give injuries that would be enough to kill someone), or what reasonable doubt and circumstancial evidence is.

If JA was claiming insanity I can see it would be hard for some to see first degree. However she did it in self-defense (according to her). Forensics show otherwise. It's really clear when you just see it for what it is.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=manslaughter
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I agree, irrespective of what came first, (I am in the gunshot first camp) was torture before death, and clearly meets the criteria for Murder 1. This was the courts position as well, thus why the defense call for mistrial due to Flores' testimony about the order of events was denied.

He had cuts on his hands, so could he have grabbed the knife after he was shot?

Did she point the gun at him when he was in the shower, he grabbed the gun, he (a former wrestler) deflected the shot from the center of his head to the side of his head? Was he shot in the shower, lunged out, she stabbed him in the back several times as he leaned over the sink and as he crawled down the hall towards the top of the stairs, she slit his throat at the end of hallway. The gun shot seems more likely to have come first. A knife in the heart first ... wouldn't he have dropped dead at the foot of the shower, and would a wrestler have been able to deflect a woman with a knife from stabbing him in the heart first? He doesn't seem to have enough injuries on his hands for a full fledged knife attack defense.

I think that she meant to shoot him in the head and have him drop to the foot of the bathtub, but instead she pulled the gun, he grabbed it and turned her hands enough to deflect the shot to the side of his head. Then he probably lunged toward her and that's why the gun was no longer in her control after one shot (she claims that she dropped it). That's when she pulled the knife, an apparent back up plan. He most likely grabbed the sink when he realized that he'd been shot, bled all over the place, and realized that she was now stabbing him in the back ... maybe he turned and grabbed the knife before crawling down the hallway and died when she slit his throat ... all within 62 seconds. Then she dragged him down the hallway - now in a fog because things didn't go as planned - to the bathtub where she had it all planned out. His getting away and down the hall was not in her "alternate reality".

He had cuts on his hands, so could he have grabbed the knife after he was shot?

Did she point the gun at him when he was in the shower, he grabbed the gun, he (a former wrestler) deflected the shot from the center of his head to the side of his head? Was he shot in the shower, lunged out, she stabbed him in the back several times as he leaned over the sink and as he crawled down the hall towards the top of the stairs, she slit his throat at the end of hallway. The gun shot seems more likely to have come first. A knife in the heart first ... wouldn't he have dropped dead at the foot of the shower, and would a wrestler have been able to deflect a woman with a knife from stabbing him in the heart first? He doesn't seem to have enough injuries on his hands for a full fledged knife attack defense.

I think that she meant to shoot him in the head and have him drop to the foot of the bathtub, but instead she pulled the gun, he grabbed it and turned her hands enough to deflect the shot to the side of his head. Then he probably lunged toward her and that's why the gun was no longer in her control after one shot (she claims that she dropped it). That's when she pulled the knife, an apparent back up plan. He most likely grabbed the sink when he realized that he'd been shot, bled all over the place, and realized that she was now stabbing him in the back ... maybe he turned and grabbed the knife before crawling down the hallway and died when she slit his throat ... all within 62 seconds. Then she dragged him down the hallway - now in a fog because things didn't go as planned - to the bathtub where she had it all planned out. His getting away and down the hall was not in her "alternate reality".

Agreed, she mentioned in one of the interrogation videos that the gun jammed or wouldn't fire (well, the gun that was held to her head by an intruder), I suspect the gun failed so she couldn't fire it again, and had a knife for backup.

TA did not make it far with the gunshot wound in the head, it's less than a minute later he is on his back in the hallway. In that image, his right foot is laying sideways and not blurry (as in moving) so I believe he was unconscious or dead at that point.

We'll probably never know exactly how this went down, that would be asking for truth, but forensically there are just a few scenarios that get us close to the truth without hearing it.

Not looking forward to today at all if indeed what I think is coming.

Ms LaViolette is going to bash Travis for being a woman beating, abusing, pedophile...on what grounds? The word of a proven lying liar.
NO proof whatsoever.

My only light at the end of this tunnel is Juan turning it around and showing in fact Jodi was the abuser

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Not looking forward to today at all if indeed what I think is coming.

Ms LaViolette is going to bash Travis for being a woman beating, abusing, pedophile...on what grounds? The word of a proven lying liar.
NO proof whatsoever.

My only light at the end of this tunnel is Juan turning it around and showing in fact Jodi was the abuser

I am waiting to hear her testimony before I judge her and grateful for the break from JM and his theatrics.

I am waiting to hear her testimony before I judge her and grateful for the break from JM and his theatrics.

To be fair, the defense aren't going to pay her to be up there to say Travis was a wonderful guy and never abused her.

She has already made it clear to me she only see's men as the abusers and thats only from yesterday

JMO

Um... I am not a violent person. Never have been. Never will be. But if I hear someone say they kicked a dog for any reason...

I
start
to
freaking
growl
literally.

PS: Kicking a dog is abuse. Based on what JA described, she kicked a dog that was ALREADY abused and neglected. She kicked a dog because DIAPER GEL got messy?

IS she bloody kidding me????

She kicked this poor dog (why? Why the heck would a dog get into diapers - which were in the garbage? Why? Because the dog is freaking hungry! If it isn't hungry, then it is stressed - because it was tied up in a yard, alone (and probably hungry - including starving for attention).

So the dog gets of it's chain/leash, and strews the diaper gel (and baby poop - probably what the dog was looking for because it was HUNGRY) all over the yard.

What could JA do? Lets consider the possibilities:

1. look at the mess, roll her eyes like many a teenager, call mom and say "Your dogs are freaking crazy. I'm not going out there and cleaning up after that. I empty the dishwasher - I'm not dealing with all that baby cr**, Mom."

2. She could have cleaned up the diaper mess, realized the dogs were hungry, fed them, given them water, played with them for 2 minutes and never mentioned anything because it wasn't a big deal. It was part of living in a house. You see a mess, you clean it up. OR, if you are an older sibling taking care of dogs and other stuff after school, you negotiate a raise in your allowance.

3. She looks outside, sees the diaper gel (NO, her first worry is NOT, "Oh my Dog! Does that stuff harm the dogs if they eat it??? Call 911! My dog might've eaten some babysh** gel and I don't want him to die!"), goes outside - after the fact...

Wait.

Let's back up a minute (sorry guys). JA looks outside and sees the diaper gel all over - a mess.

She goes outside.

She kicks the dog/ Because: (um...)

No one ever sees the dog again.

Um. Let me rephrase.

NO ONE EVER SEES THE DOG AGAIN.

Putting it another way:

Yeah...she either killed the dog or beat it so badly it ran away PERMANENTLY. That added to the cat abuse (x3) = me writing to Arizona corrections once she's convicted to keep her away from animals forever. Huge violence in Jodi for years ... Tire slashing, mom abuse etc etc .. Grrrrrrr!!!!

I dont think they'll be able to get her to say that much actually. I think she'll agree JA has traits of a battered woman. I think she might comment on some of Travis's words. What else can she do? If she goes beyond that she loses credibility just as the last witness did for taking the word of a proven liar on trial for 1st degree, while not allowing the murder victim to defend themselves. Juan will turn it around and make her a witness for Travis.

-if Jodi can say "oh i just said i like Travis degrading me on the phone to make him happy" then Travis' recorded words mean nothing either. She doesn't get to say all her words were just playing along while we must take the dead man's words, the man she killed, without question, when he cannot give an explanation as she did.

-since there is no documentation in any form, the expert must rely on Jodi's word moreso than the last expert. Of course we know how that will go with juan and the jury. While she can argue she has the traits of a battered woman, can she prove it's due to Travis? Not a parent? Not an ex such as the one she called the cops on due to physical assault?

-isnt it true that jodi, again, walked away without any documented, provable injury on June 4, yet Travis had defensive wounds and was killed 3 times over?

-isnt it true when she wrecked his BMW, he only cared about her wellbeing? Yet you believe her that he was going to literally kill her over a dropped but apparently (lol!) completely functional camer?

Etc etc.

I can't wait. Bring it. XD

To be fair, the defense aren't going to pay her to be up there to say Travis was a wonderful guy and never abused her.

She has already made it clear to me she only see's men as the abusers and thats only from yesterday

JMO

I just can’t go there and judge before I hear what she has to say. And since this is a death penalty case, IMO, defense witnesses need to be heard. Why even go to trial if there is no defense to be presented.

She kicks the dog/ Because: (um...)

No one ever sees the dog again.

Um. Let me rephrase.

Putting it another way:

Oh god that is creepy and you're probably right. :(

Somehow I get the feeling Dr. S. is sorry that he ever got mixed up with Jodi Arias! He boasted that she would be good for his book, or some such thing. Why do I think that book will never make it to Amazon or Barnes and Noble???

He seemed rather deflated during the last bit of Juan's cross. I even got the sense that his heart just wasn't in it anymore, almost like he wanted to concede? IDK, maybe he was just exhausted.

JMO

She said after starting her career working with battered children and women, it was hard to work with the men that abused them. Who can blame her? But she also offered up, im sure to the displeasure of the DT, that men have come in abused, and men can be abused as well. :) i think her testimony will be fairly unspecific to Travis, noncomitted, and easily flipped by Juan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove