trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, I think we need an expert to testify why men should not trust, yikes. Does anyone recall if a name or names of people involved in this camping trip plan were mentioned? I wonder if it's true or merely a story to cover up a recent weapon purchase?

One was named Calvin and she couldn't remember the names of the other men. I wish she would of said one was named Klein.

Anyone know or can guess what the defense protective hearing is about?

She has no women friends, does she?

I don't believe many, if any at all. Mainly acquaintances. Haven't we all known a chick like that though? They are more comfortable around guys because it's "easier" they can talk them into anything or get what they want from them by using their looks/sexuality. Women are way more perceptive and can spot a fake broad from a mile away. Not bashing men at all...

The comment below was posted under some video so I copied it because I wanted to look into it. I re-watched 90% of the jury questions on days 28 and 29 but didn't find the part about any knife. I know I heard her talk about it too so perhaps I overlooked it. But does any WS member know where/when she talked about the knife?

Because if this is true, this is huge in my opinion. Many things Jodi says almost have double entendres attached but there's no way this can be misconstrued as anything else EXCEPT that she got the knife from the dishwasher.

I don't believe it proves premeditation per se (for the entire lying trip to Arizona proves that) but it would be extremely poignant for Juan to let the jury know about this little faux pas----if true.

Good thought. My question is: Why would anyone go get a big wide butcher knife to cut a rope? Wouldn't they just use a regular size steak knife?

She was in her alternative reality. :rocker:

Yeah, like a disassociative disorder that the doc says SHE DOESN'T HAVE, yet he keeps tossing that in there to explain her behavior. Can't use it if she doesn't have it doc. He is trying to spin a tale to make it all fit, and he is as about effective at it as JA is! Not so much. I think Juan really brought to light what a fraud he is. Go Juan!

:pillowfight:
It's a classic anxiety dream along with the one about being naked in public. What I wonder is why so many of us ALL have nearly the identical dream? Do people from other cultures have it to?

Can't find KMouse's original post, but just wanted to join in about the anxiety dreams.

I have the college one all the time, and I have been out of college for 30+ years.

I have a corresponding one where I either can't find my dorm room or locker, can't find my key or remember my combination. Or I am living in the dorm illegally way past when I graduated and am hoping no one notices.

And another version, I can't remember where my house is, and am sure I still have an apartment somewhere, but can't remember if I paid my rent and did I still have stuff left there?

Same with cars.

:blushing:

And one needs to pack your car with boxes of books, hide a gun in your engine compartment, and shove knives in with your books in boxes...all for a camping trip, where the heck are you camping and for how long? Sounds more like the makings of trying to hideout in the woods for a while.....

Possibly but I dont see a rental car being involved in being camping in the woods, and a tent would be more helpful..also why hide gun in engine compartment.. It makes no sense really. Maybe by this time she was convinced she had gotten away with murdering TA and knew the .25 was not effective enough so was going to be sure to have the 9mm next time...and of course the knives always do good.?

Man, I hope ALV won't do that. All JM has to do is point out the ridiculous panning-for-gold camping trip and how JA figured that, rather than staying home because she "didn't trust men," she just figured she'd take a gun instead. I hope ALV is aware of that story.

I'm sure she will explain it to us. Just like Dr. Fog explained why the fact that she LIED on her test didn't matter to his diagnosis. And how going to the memorial service, re-visiting the crime scene, and sending flowers not to mention an 18-page letter were actually attempts to DISASSOCIATE herself from what she had done. :facepalm:

I don't know if I will be able to stomach this woman's testimony today-I may have to take a shopping day if the BS gets too deep.

Yesterday I had a very strong urge to change my avatar to an elephant. Then today I read that there is a connection with Travis and elephants! This has kinda given me chills. I am not usually into "woooowoooo" things but.......wow.
Where can I read about this Travis/elephant connection? TIA

Agreed, I think we need an expert to testify why men should not trust, yikes. Does anyone recall if a name or names of people involved in this camping trip plan were mentioned? I wonder if it's true or merely a story to cover up a recent weapon purchase?

JA said one guy's name "might have been Calvin" and he "may have been a dishwasher" iirc. I don't know if it was in court, but she invited herself along on an all-male surfing excursion against the wishes of the too polite to refuse surfers, according to one of them named Zion.

Closargs

snipped
If I had to listen to even one more minute of JA edifying herself while contemporaneously de-edifying everyone else (Juan, parents, TA, etc...) I too would have PTSD.
I'm reading previous posts and came across this... ROFLMAO !!!!! Thanks I needed that!

Didn't Jodi say under direct that she put the knife in the dishwasher, then changed her testimony later to she may have but could not remember because it could have been another time she was thinking of. My guess is she could not get any guidance one way or another about what she should say about the knife. Should she admit having it, seeing it, putting it in the dishwashing because no knives were missing from the house. If she left it upstairs it would have been found, so she claims she put it in the dishwasher and then later claims she really can't remember. So if it was a knife from the house, what happened to it? This allows the jury to assume she put it in the dishwasher but can't remember for sure because she was in a fog. Kind of clever, though, don't you think. No wonder she can't sleep. Must be hard figuring out your story so it matches the evidence. jmo

Jodi logic - admit to taking the gun and throwing it out in the desert but confuse everyone about what I did with the knife - I love mind games.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Seriously tho - I see what you are saying.

i get super pissed off at some of these 'experts' on HLN, saying oh juan goes on too long, he's being too aggressive...he's losing the jury..

do they even WATCH the trial? why aren't they talking about his brilliance in getting out that jodi has past violent behaviour, and other goodies that we all seem to notice.

my gosh, they did a peice on him (someone put it up on here from youtube) about how much the public loves him, there are so many tribute videos showing up. remember the jury is our peers... they probably and most likely, according to the questions, think like us, they aren't sleeping, they are catching on and are pretty sharp.

i really sometimes think these people on tv have no clue what they are talking about. they don't know juan like we do AT ALL!

Part of me lives vicariously through Juan ...

I'm not one to yell, rarely ever raise my voice....

But I so enjoy when he does.

I am a very non-confrontational person myself....I avoid conflict at all costs. By by God, JM is the ONLY voice Travis Alexander has in seeking justice for his brutal murder. So scream on, Juan....scream on. :rocker:

Yeah, like a disassociative disorder that the doc says SHE DOESN'T HAVE, yet he keeps tossing that in there to explain her behavior. Can't use it if she doesn't have it doc. He is trying to spin a tale to make it all fit, and he is as about effective at it as JA is! Not so much. I Juan really brought to light what a fraud he is. Go Juan!

He calls it alternative reality, stories, disassociative disorder we just call it LYING!

Sorry about this being so long but I think it is a good read for us all.

How to Spot a Pathological Liar

The term, “liar, liar pants on fire” takes on new meaning when dealing with a pathological liar. This person may not be completely rooted in reality, believing the lies they tell, often in an effort to remedy low self esteem. Unlike telling a few fibs here and there, or slightly exaggerating the truth once in a while, the pathological liar lies about literally every aspect of his or her life. From how much was spent on dinner last night to talking about the last time the dog was bathed, the pathological liar feels that every bit of communication has strategic meaning positioned for his or her gain.
Being lied to on a consistent basis is not only frustrating but also disrespectful to the other person. So how do you determine if you're dealing with someone who may drop a few fibs on occasion versus a true pathological liar? A few clues and steps may help you draw a sensible conclusion.
The term, “liar, liar pants on fire” takes on new meaning when dealing with a pathological liar. This person may not be completely rooted in reality, believing the lies they tell, often in an effort to remedy low self esteem. Unlike telling a few fibs here and there, or slightly exaggerating the truth once in a while, the pathological liar lies about literally every aspect of his or her life. From how much was spent on dinner last night to talking about the last time the dog was bathed, the pathological liar feels that every bit of communication has strategic meaning positioned for his or her gain.
Being lied to on a consistent basis is not only frustrating but also disrespectful to the other person. So how do you determine if you're dealing with someone who may drop a few fibs on occasion versus a true pathological liar? A few clues and steps may help you draw a sensible conclusion.
1. 1
Understand what a pathological liar is. Basically, a pathological liar is someone who tells lies habitually, chronically and compulsively. It has simply become a way of life for this person, to make up things for a variety of reasons and eventually, the truth becomes uncomfortable while weaving whoppers feels right to them. This kind of lying tends to develop early on in life, often as a response to difficult home or school situations that seemed to resolve better if the child lied. It's a bad habit, not a manipulative trait––this is how to differentiate a pathological liar from a sociopath who does seek to manipulate

1. Determine whether the person’s details and information comes across as consistent every time they tell a story. Find an easy, run-of-the-mill story, such as what the person had for dinner last night. They may tell you pasta and broccoli, but then may tell you and/or others that lobster and champagne was involved. Details and information will constantly change and evolve.
o Compare and contrast both big and small details. From the number of people in the liar’s story to the actual storyline itself, recall what has changed and how often the details have changed in the story.
o Keep tally of the cast of characters involved in the story. If, for example, suddenly the third time the story is told, the cops show up, you have to start wondering if he or she is telling the full truth.
o Recall the frequency of the lies. Pathological liars will lie consistently, which is one thing you can count on––they will lie all the time. Conduct a non-scientific experiment and inquire about certain aspects of the person’s life everyday. Choose something random like what the person ate for dinner or watched on TV the evening before. Ask the person the same question throughout the day to see if it changes––play into the lie by either getting excited or showing intrigue when the person embellishes the story. Don't give away that you've heard a different answer before
2. Compare stories with mutual friends of both you and the person you suspect of being a pathological liar, to determine if the story has changed or reshaped to accommodate certain personalities. Certain details may be morphed to create drama or draw attention to the liar.
o Trying to pit friends/family members against each other. If the liar was involved in an argument he or she may change the details so that he or she looks better. Also, he or she may involve other parties, making up information about the other party in order to get more people on his or her side.
o Trying to avoid trouble. If the liar has done something wrong, he or she will do whatever is necessary to avoid blame––that means fabricating a story and/or pinning culpability on another person.
o Fabricating a lie in order to gain attention. The main goal with many pathological liars is to gain positive notoriety. From being bored to having low self esteem, the pathological liar’s goal is to look better than everyone else, so that people pay attention and worship their accomplishments.
3. Consider whether the person is lying to gain attention. Part of the reason the pathological liar feels compelled to lie is because he or she may feel as though being in the spotlight has eluded them. This person feels that he or she should be the center of everyone’s universe and will do what he or she can to make it happen. Upon tasting the spotlight, it becomes self-reinforcing and the lies grow bigger each time just to keep on being the center of attention. Here are some possibilities:
o Sympathy attention. The pathological liar feels that his or her problems are paramount to what everyone else is experiencing. From a paper cut to being admonished by a boss or teacher, the pathological liar runs around telling his or her story to anyone and everyone, exaggerating the details to ridiculous proportions in order to gain sympathy from anyone within earshot.
o Wants to feel important. The pathological liar is the king or queen of the “one upper.” Whatever accomplishment you’ve achieved, they done it better. This person always has to feel superior to you at all times, no matter if it’s in the professional or personal arena.
o Feels bored. Unfortunately, because this person’s life is not rooted in reality, he or she may become easily bored if drama is not swirling around his or her head. As a result, lies may be fabricated in order to amuse or entertain this person, which unfortunately means that other people become involved and possibly hurt as a result.
o Insecurity. Low self esteem is one of the biggest reasons why people become pathological liars. Whether they consciously recognize it or not, a pathological liar feels that he or she is not important enough as they are so they must make up accomplishments or events to position themselves as worthy.
4. Look to whether the person has an addiction or secret habits that are potentially harmful. Pathological lying can arise in tandem with wanting to hide an alcoholic or drug addiction, an obsession with doing something too much such as spending time online or gaming, or in relation to a medical condition such as bulimia or anorexia. Therapy, group counseling and other professional interventions are important for such people but it may help you to better understand such lying if you know about the motivation behind it.
o Part of the therapy needs to address compulsive lying. A compulsive liar can be changed.
o There may be other personality disorders at issue, such as narcissistic personality disorder, bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder.
5. Examine the person’s reaction when they're busted in a lie. The worst thing that can happen to a pathological liar is to be busted for telling the lie.
o Extreme defensiveness. Expect the person to become extremely defensive, doing whatever he or she can to pin blame on someone else.
o Quickly fabricating another lie to cover up the original fib. The pathological liar will start the cover-up process quickly to ensure that their reputation remains in tact. This may include a bigger lie than the original fib––which may be quite apparent.
o Vindictive and may seek revenge. Rage and anger may be another reaction stemming from being “outed”, so expect possible retaliation or vindictive behavior. Alternatively, they may feel upset that they have been caught in the act by someone who cares for them and have a tearful meltdown.
6. Determine if the person lives in reality. The pathological liar is one who typically does not live in reality and has trouble maintaining any consistency in his or her life. Some signs include:
o Wandering from job to job. He or she may not be able to hold down a job for a long amount of time due to either being busted for lying or not being able to handle day-to-day mundane tasks because of bluffing their way into the job.
o Can’t hold a steady relationship. Romantic and interpersonal relationships often fail––this person will typically have a love of his or her life or a best friend for a few months and then will suddenly no longer have contact with that person. Between lies and unrealistic expectations, the pathological liar can often attract a bevy of new relationships but has trouble maintaining them.
o May be estranged from family. After years of being lied to, family members may not be very supportive or close to this individual
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE ANYONE WE HAVE SEEN IN COURT LATELY

Members? WS Q?
How long do you stay logged in?
I have to keep logging in?
I get cut off if I do not post often.

Click on the box where it says " remember me" then you have to manually log off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member