trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's mild now but her real character will be revealed when JM questions her.

I love the way Juan gives his objections.

Patriarchal Terrorism... [here we go].......' isolated acts of aggression'....very hidden from everyone else, acted out only in family...Continuim of violence...

[Jodi was not part of TA's family---and they never even lived together---]

When you turned down cases because you don't have enough time to dedicate to it . . . i didn't have enough time to do a good job on a case . . . .and not enough evidence to merit her participation in that case . . . .

have you testified before? yes about 18 times . . . .have you ever testified or worked on behalf of people representing a man . . . yes . . . i was sitting in court for 6 hrs ready to testify but I was never called . . . .he was accused of DV and I was able to get him into a perpet . . . objection

were you retained in that case .. . a family law case - non-criminal
and retained by women = yes

on this case first interviewed Sept 2011 or beginning of October 2011 . . . .she gets paid $250 an hour for research and $300 per hour for court appearance.

more about the articles you have written . . . did you ever write an article in a journal for child custody . . . continuum for aggression and abuse . . .a way to look @ DV and aggression that can occur in otherwise healthy families . . .. ranhysge of behaviors and what exacerbated . . . look @ how we intervene in these cases to do it more effectively.

Michael Johnson 1994 - one side anchored was common couple violence - hitting, slapping, minor injury . . .

tyranny system . . . . abuses the individual and the system (often a church) or power system . . .

we don't call it domestic violence but wanted to look @ a continuum . . .. research in 1990s took 10 pieces of research and put them together . . .. took similar behaviors in each of their groups . . . family only people don't do anything outside family - keep secret . . . borderline people who act out in public and then anti-social who have been arrested . . .

she is in an organization and meet monthly they talk to people who are doing the work in all over the country . . . she used that to put into her continuum . . . something she created.

it would help the jurors to understand to look @ this continuum

move to enter it in

objection - hearsay . . .
approach

Damn, I had to take my earphones out. AVL is talking about me (and countless others) who have been continually harmed (especially children) by abusers who use the court system as a tool.
Sorry guys - I can't take this. I need a hug. My daughter is somewhere around here... I need to hold her.
ETA: car trouble. Please be there, guys - I can't do this today. This sucks out loud. Please someone stand in for me. please.

Would kicking you family dog and later, as an adult, kicking your mother work in to your definition of these sporadic acts of violence you see in abusive situations?

*shrugs* I'm quite liking listening to Ms.LaViolette. She seems intelligent, her replies are well thought out, she isn't jumpy or searching for replies, etc. This is not to say I support her testimony, but I'm having a more positive reaction to her than I have other witnesses.

I also wanted to say that regardless if a witness is a defense one or a prosecution one, they are ALL well rehearsed. To "throw out" ones testimony based on sounding too rehearsed or "fake" is silly because the prosecution rehearses with their witnesses too.

Again, I'm not supporting her testimony but I enjoy listening to ALV.

MOO.

i dont have an opinion yet, but im sure she BELIEVED anything jodi told her. remember jodi knows how to bring it on when needed.

...but this segment isnt over with yet...

I noticed AL didn't come to court with a big suitcase full of notes and manuals :)

i get the questions....they are setting her up to say that there was SO MUCH EVIDENCE of jodi being abused, that she took up the cause. we all know that jodi can charm a snake or a money seeker and her stories more than likely were believable to this "expert"; therefore, based on the stories, er lies, she believed enough evidence to take her case.

that's vouching, and i don't think she can do that.

$300/hr for court appearances, $250/hr for research? Does research include evaluation of Jodi? Well, at least the jury will know hearing every hour hearing about her work in every decade from the 60's to the present, and every 'may we approach' is costing them not only time, but their tax dollars.
This minute detail is ridiculous - do the jurors really need this level?

Jodi sitting with 4 little stumpy golf pensils in front of her!

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, I had to take my earphones out. AVL is talking about me (and countless others) who have been continually harmed (especially children) by abusers who use the court system as a tool.
Sorry guys - I can't take this. I need a hug.

:hug:

The court system is a Narcissist's paradise.

I don't like to judge and not to fond of people who judge but JMO she seems like the rest of the defense team. I will leave it at that.

Is it just me or is anyone else keeping an eye on the 5 golf pencils and tiny eraser on the defenses table?

Just checking in. It doesn't look like I missed anything important.
My son has to check into the hospital after school for a biopsy tomorrow morning. The x-rays show that it looks like a bone tumor on his arm. I am scared to death. Wish us luck.

Sorry guys - I can't take this. I need a hug.
:hug: :blowkiss: :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member