trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so is this just going to be one long hypothetical with her little personal anecdotes about former patients thrown in here and there?

did she ever even TALK to the defendant?

Good question. I wonder about that, as well.

Well, they were specifically talking about walking away as being a form of abuse and not conflating it with the silent treatment.

I believe you. As we've seen with "Dr." Samuels, some so-called experts really aren't.

What happened to "anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law?"
IMO, Jodi telling the detective she kicked her puppy is completely relevant. JW opened the door with this DV expert. That's how it should work, IMO. It's doesn't, sadly.

I'm no legal person at all, but it seems silly that Jodi exhibiting behaviour indicative of abuse can't be used by JM, yet Jodi and the defense team can smear Travis all they want.

Wow this woman is making me reflect on my family history. I see my family in there big time.

Travis wasn't the culprit of violence based on what we know about Jodi's history now. There was a relatively balanced power between them, but she had more power based on her testimony about sexuality. She was the one introducing him to new things. She was the one stalking him. She seemed to be trying everything she could to control him.

Sounded like she was talking about my family too.

So can our legal eagles explain what this witness just opened the door to? What can JM use now that he couldn't before?

Catch y'all after the lunch break for part 2 of "Jodi served to Juan Martinez on a silver platter...with driveby fruit!".

If the defense is smart, they won't get into specifics at all. Just hope they raised a speck of doubt.

That will keep out Jodi's lies.

But IMO they'll go for it, it will end up being a disaster ! She may as well be a states witness:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What. In. The. World.

Did anyone just catch that shot of JA and she looked like she was going to nod off at any second.

Also earlier, she was fiddling with her hair on the left side of her face and I swear she flipped the bird again.

OH THAT! She is just in one of the FUGUE FOG STATES!

so is this just going to be one long hypothetical with her little personal anecdotes about former patients thrown in here and there?

did she ever even TALK to the defendant?

Maybe we'll find out by Friday--with the way this is going on and on and on. If we thought Sam was on the stand for a long....I think JM will have this woman on the stand forever, making sure it all gets turned back on Jodi, not Travis.

So it's abuse if she thinks it's abuse.
She defines what abuse is, AS WELL AS who the abuser is.
All subject to her interpretation, no citation of evidence necessary. She is infallible and just "knows" these things.
Abuse is totally subjective though. An abusive relationship isn't. Some people consider name-calling abuse and indeed, it is verbal abuse, but almost everyone is guilty of it when provoked by frustration and anger.

It takes a lot more than just name calling to define an abusive relationship - it's an entire series of controlling and manipulative behaviors designed solely to keep the abuser in control of the victim and the victim subjugated to the abuser.

JMHO

If someone has the energy, please tell me briefly about JA's mom. What was it about Jodi abusing her or something...I didn't really get the story on that.

Is it lunchtime for them? I turned my phone on to listen and got the Seal. I know it is
snack time for me!!

So far are things progressing ok???

I'm sorry but I DO think threatening to commit suicide is abusive!

It terrorizes the abused party into staying out of fear that if they leave, their abuser will kill him/herself. :(

JA did this to TA, and maybe other men, too. I think ALV is spot-on in saying that.

JMO
On the continuum it's right up there with killing a pet or kidnapping the children.

stealing a gun from Grandparents house 2 weeks before a murder hmmm? abuse?same caliber as gun used to kill a man who was defenseless in a shower? abuse maybe?

Oh and am I ever glad no child came from this union..would be sad to have both parents gone..from one thing or another..

I'm sorry but I DO think threatening to commit suicide is abusive!

It terrorizes the abused party into staying out of fear that if they leave, their abuser will kill him/herself. :(

JA did this to TA, and maybe other men, too. I think ALV is spot-on in saying that.

JMO

That's what gives REAl suicidal people a bad rap--those that fake it to get attention.

And this is also what gives real DV victims a bad rap--murderers trying to use it for self defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth