trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
dog kicking caught on tape?

She told Flores in interrogation that the only past incident of violence she could think of was when she kicked her dog and it ran away and never came back. She said she wishes she could tell him she's sorry cuz she loves animals and they have souls. Flores said she needs to say sorry to Travis. :)

The door is opened for the jury to see that part of the interview IMO!!!

Look at how JA treated her dog vs how TA treated Napoleon. :(

I don't know if I am correct, but was it someone on here that provided a link that showed Travis sitting on his fathers lap? If so can you provide that link again? Thank You

Aside from this trial...
believe me.. If you have been or are a true victim, than chances are VERY high, you are right now re-living and physically feeling FEAR all over again with every word this lady speaks.

True. I appreciate what she has to say, but I can't help feeling a bit of anxiety throughout her testimony remembering back to some of what I experienced myself.

I'm sorry but I DO think threatening to commit suicide is abusive!

It terrorizes the abused party into staying out of fear that if they leave, their abuser will kill him/herself. :(

JA did this to TA, and maybe other men, too. I think ALV is spot-on in saying that.

JMO
I couldn't agree more and it is an emotional manipulator. My ex threatened both homicide and suicide many times over our relationship but he actually jumped off of a bridge in front of his 12 year old daughter while we were going through divorce proceedings. (He survived with minor injuries - it wasn't a big enough drop to really hurt him because it wasn't meant to hurt him - just terrorize those who loved him.) He called me just before and told me, in front of her, I could explain why her daddy was dead.

Nobody will ever convince me threatening suicide isn't abusive. When used as such an emotional manipulator, its intent is to control the actions and reactions of those around the abuser.

Mr. Juanderful . . . Cool, Calm & Collected, waiting patiently for his turn, as are we :great:

Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 1.40.43 PM.jpg

Have there been any rigorous controlled studies around domestic abuse, or is this in the subjective empirical category?

Hearing every single day for years how inadequate and useless you are - whether its that you aren't pretty enough, smart enough, thin enough, or a good enough parent - can be a very painful and destructive thing to go through. Even the mere implication that there's something 'wrong' with you takes a great toll over the course of time.

MOO
You are so right! Been there..done that. Those certain words still sting all these years later.

They didn't even date for 6 months. I don't think this type of abuse applies to their relationship. In fact, I believe Travis was way too nice to her and it cost him his life.

Am I dreaming that, unlike the good doctor, she will be ethical and honest in replying to JM's questions and not make things up as she goes along? I have been wrong before but I don't get that this woman would risk her reputation and credibility on a person of JA's veracity. Wishful thinking perhaps.

The problem Ms. LaViolette has is that there is an extremely high probability that the defendent didn't bother to tell her the truth either. That seems obvious from some of the descriptions of abusers she has spoken about in this opening segment.

Before Ms. LaViolette's character is mercilessly scrutinized and dissected, I'd simply like to commend her for the work she has undertaken throughout her career. I think she has spoken very intelligently to the subject of domestic violence and her passion for aiding both victims and perpetrators is laudable.

I believe JA killed that dog when she kicked it. That's why she never saw it again. I'm sure her mother suspected as much too.

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec: Or - is she gonna apply the continuum to jodi's family and her exposure as a child - thus a 'rational' for her rage as an adult??????

Something about this doesn't smell right. Juan will have a field day, but I think the defense is going a direction we are not expecting somehow.

That's what I think. Hopefully I'm just paranoid (but a normal paranoid :waitasec:

Of the little I saw yesterday, the main thing that stuck was the fact that JA, once again was dressed like Wilmot.

I know Ms Laviolette is on the defense side. We see everything that she is saying applies to JA as we have come to know her. I don't think we will see Ms. Laviolette twisting her answers to fit the defense when JM gets to do his cross. She is not doing this for the money since, I believe she said yesterday she thought she was doing this for no money and was surprised to learn she was getting paid. Furthermore, I do not think she will want to ruin her reputation or all the hard work she has done for victims of DV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Littlebit62