trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A "fugue state" is a highly defined psychiatric state (rare) and if Jodi was diagnosed as having been in a "fugue" we'd have heard about it from Samuels. He didn't use that term because he couldn't make it fit imo.

Are you in court today Katie???

if this has been asked a gazillion times, my bad....

On Samuels first day he was going over Jodi's answers to various questions. One was about if there had been any incidents of sexual abuse while she was under the age of 16 by someone 5+ yrs. older than she. She answered "No", which would seem to eliminate her dad as a sexual abuser.

She is just making more subjective claims. I guess it's so because she says so??

She's a qualified expert with a good educational background who has clinical and research experience with domestic violence. I don't have any problem with her explaining how domestic violence occurs. I am not hearing her say anything that conflicts with what I have read on this subject. Of course I will have big problems if she goes on to accept what Jodi says about Travis uncritically but so far so good.

I agree with other posters. She is giving JM a lot of ammunition about Jodi's behavior to Travis.

This jury's heard the word "stalker" applied to JA from Mimi Hall, Lisa, and Det. Flores telling JA that's what EVERYONE is calling her. Have they heard it from any others I'm missing?

JA looks shell-shocked, LOL! ALV is doing a great job for the prosecution....

I'm sorry but I DO think threatening to commit suicide is abusive!

It terrorizes the abused party into staying out of fear that if they leave, their abuser will kill him/herself. :(

JA did this to TA, and maybe other men, too. I think ALV is spot-on in saying that.

JMO

I couldn't agree more. I've been a victim to this and it is terrifying. it can work well to bring the victim "back in line".

I'm sorry but I DO think threatening to commit suicide is abusive!

It terrorizes the abused party into staying out of fear that if they leave, their abuser will kill him/herself. :(

JA did this to TA, and maybe other men, too. I think ALV is spot-on in saying that.

JMO

Borderlines are famous for holding their families hostage with that.

Am I dreaming that, unlike the good doctor, she will be ethical and honest in replying to JM's questions and not make things up as she goes along? I have been wrong before but I don't get that this woman would risk her reputation and credibility on a person of JA's veracity. Wishful thinking perhaps.

" So that was someone who was terrorized but w/out physical abuse...like sexual humiliation...something someone goes along with even though they don't want to do to..."

HERE WE GO....

But it was between two consenting adults. And she did enjoy it

This "Continuum" needs to be rejected out of hand. Way too subjective. At least the MMPI was done by real experts in a scientific way. This is piffle.

IMo this is piffle if it is not balanced by other scientifically valid and reliable tests.

Ok watching on HLN this morning getting Easter baskets ready etc popped on to see what pulse of thread on AL...

WOW! Glad I'm not only one thinking AL is describing JA behaviors down to all about me!
Hoping JM can bring in tape with EF where JA says she's crying about what she's going to miss out on not what she did & TA's text it's all about you sociopath..

I can't see how this is positive for DT but then again maybe I'm bias....

I'm not relaxing yet...after lunch they will try to apply her ' continuum ' to Travis....

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec: Or - is she gonna apply the continuum to jodi's family and her exposure as a child - thus a 'rational' for her rage as an adult??????

Something about this doesn't smell right. Juan will have a field day, but I think the defense is going a direction we are not expecting somehow.

It looks like Arias' mother is wearing a purple ribbon, not blue. I might be in a foggy state unable to distinguish between purple and blue.

Yes, the dog apparently made a mess and the roommates thought the smell was due to that. So that kicking the dog experience totally changed her perspective on animal treatment, but she left the dog to starve for all she knew without a second thought. Not surprising after what she did to Travis. She did mention randomly in the middle of testimony that she also has scratches around her ankles (and she showed Flores scratches "from her cat" on her arms); I hope Naps got a few good bites in. :)

I hope Naps did get a few bites in too. Does anyone remember that JA was supposed to be taking care of a cat for a friend and she just locked it in a room for several days with no food or water. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth