trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This women knows her business and the area of Domestic Abuse from all aspects. I can't believe she is going to ruin her reputation and her practice for Arias and money.

JMHO

I don't think she's doing it on purpose. I just think she is so biased that she can't see past the fact that Travis is a man and Jodi is a woman. She can't imagine someone like Jodi could be the abuser. Her mind will just not allow herself to go there. In her mind Men are always the evil one.

I'm not relaxing yet...after lunch they will try to apply her ' continuum ' to Travis....

Is this witness ever going to talk about JA at all or will her entire testimony be generalizations? If she is smart you won't attempt to define or defend JA's and Travis's relationship at all.

Aside from this trial...
believe me.. If you have been or are a true victim, than chances are VERY high, you are right now re-living and physically feeling FEAR all over again with every word this lady speaks.

Jodi not looking happy hope she don't go crazy on JW .

Interested to see if they change things after lunch , such as can we disregard this witness all together LOL

Wow she's a great witness for the state. Lol

You're probably right - however, I am certain that "abusers" will take the fact that this respected victims advocate is on Arias' side.

Someone that is being abused - is watching her testify for the defense - which would have to be confusing.

Someone that is abusing their spouse - is watching her testify for the defense - smiling because they know that they can say, "Arias butchered Travis Alexander - and you saw where that victims advocate was "sitting" - with the defense. Do you really think that your abused now? How could you - how could anyone believe you - how could you even think it after seeing this well known respected victims advocate testifying for the defense. And, you know what? She would be on my side too - so think about that!"

I don't know how this witness could "do" this to victims of abuse.

I hope he's not as harsh because I don't think the jury would like that. Samuels was justified but this so far I don't see this lady as being hostile.

MOO.
She hasn't talked about Jodi yet. Wait until she tells the world how much of a victim Jodi is and how justified she is due to her past/present/future.

Wait and see how she faces Juan. She isn't sitting up there for $300 per hour to be nice and allow for anyone to run over her or disprove her. We saw Dr. Sam act like a toddler when Juan proved that nothing he has said matters when it comes to this case. I believe he will do the same with this "expert" becuase it's true.

I expect she will come out of her nice lady act and face Juan even harder then Sam did.

Again MOO

This witness seems to be describing JA's abuse of Travis perfectly. All of this anecdotal stuff really is somewhat irrelevant. JM has already had JA for dinner, and Dr. Fog for desert...will this one be a midnight snack?

I'm sorry but I DO think threatening to commit suicide is abusive!

It terrorizes the abused party into staying out of fear that if they leave, their abuser will kill him/herself. :(

JA did this to TA, and maybe other men, too. I think ALV is spot-on in saying that.

JMO

I think you are seeing the emergent doctrine of a single assumption butressed by lots of dogma and confirmation bias over the years:

Women = Abused, Male = Abuser.

The gender pronoun for victim is always "she".

That it absolutely doesn't work in this case would be about as alien to this sort of expert as telling a Catholic that the reason they give women can't be priests -- because they can't change the eucharist into the body of Christ -- makes no sense because, in reality, no one can do it, regardless of gender.

*blank stare*

As I said before, she has a cause that informs her POV and we will find out how radical and myopic she might be.

Wow this woman is making me reflect on my family history. I see my family in there big time.

Travis wasn't the culprit of violence based on what we know about Jodi's history now. There was a relatively balanced power between them, but she had more power based on her testimony about sexuality. She was the one introducing him to new things. She was the one stalking him. She seemed to be trying everything she could to control him.

I think you are seeing the emergent doctrine of a single assumption butressed by lots of dogma and confirmation bias over the years:

Women = Abused, Male = Abuser.

The gender pronoun for victim is always "she".

That it absolutely doesn't work in this case would be about as alien to this sort of expert as telling a Catholic that the reason they give women can't be priests -- because they can't change the eucharist into the body of Christ -- makes no sense because, in reality, no one can do it, regardless of gender.

*blank stare*

Thank you is not enough. She makes a broad generalization, then tells a story as if that confirms it.

ex: "Red cars are dangerous. I had two friends who got into accidents and both of their cars were red!"

She seems to be unaware of her own bias. Her "work" is so subjective it's pointless. It's all subject to her interpretation - no academic rigor, no peer review, nothing. She just "knows".

SEALMU_zpsb1675ef1.jpg

OK, I see Juan asking if this happened would it be stalking etc. and show her Jodi's lies ,and ask her if in her opinion is Jodi the abuser? I know the jury is going to ask that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus