trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't agree more. I've been a victim to this and it is terrifying. it can work well to bring the victim "back in line".

Its never worked for anyone that I know. Usually by the time the threats to kill themselves happen, the other is already gone mentally and physically.

LaViolette strikes me as someone smart enough to know a BS'r when she sees/hears one. I can't imagine that she believes JA's stupid stories.

I just tuned in - has she talked about Jodi and Travis yet?

Not yet, but it's only her second day on the stand. Wilmont needs to be sure the jury understands every aspect of this continuum that applies to ever aspect of relationship issues.
It must be very important to go over it bit by bit - I'm sure the jury will appreciate it. Especially now that they know she'll be paid $300/hr for every hour of this, while they can't go to their own jobs while they listen.

IIRC, ALV was part of the hearing to argue about the pedo letters being allowed in and the same or another hearing about whether or not she could talk about Travis being an abuser. Although the DT lost and she can't directly talk about him being an abuser, it seems clear that she was prepared to do so then and will therefore, imo, not be flipping for the state when Juan is up. I hear her hitting the DT talking points. And someone mentioned (WS?TH? HLN?) that she has butted heads with Juan in the past over this case. my 2 cents

No I don't think this will qualify for ineffective counsel. They chose an appropriate witness to support their claim of self defense based on battered woman syndrome. Unfortunately this is the best they got and Juan will just use her more to his advantage. It can't be held against them that the are outlawyered.

Maybe I was hearing differently and I am glad to read all these posts. Because I was thinking all her generalities were going to be aimed at Travis by Wilmott. If Wilmott can't do that then this testimony doesn't help JA at all. JM is masterful at turning testimony to the evils of JA. He is a great advocate for victims of violent crimes.

What about the cat she locked in a room for a week that eventually died. Not sure if she even fed it.

The cat didn't die. It just suffered. :(

I can already see how they're trying to apply this to TA... but it fits JA much more!!! It only fits TA if you buy her BS.

Yes, but how many of the things that we know about jodi does the jury know? I can't recall!!!

I'm sorry but I DO think threatening to commit suicide is abusive!

It terrorizes the abused party into staying out of fear that if they leave, their abuser will kill him/herself. :(

JA did this to TA, and maybe other men, too. I think ALV is spot-on in saying that.

JMO

Absolutely agree! The suicide letter JA sent to her Grandmother was unconscionable! Her grandparents are conspicuously absent from the courtroom...can't say I blame them....

It looks like Arias' mother is wearing a purple ribbon, not blue. I might be in a foggy state unable to distinguish between purple and blue.

Now that I see it again, it does look more purple. I think my mind interpreted it as blue because of the ribbons Travis' family is wearing. Sorry to everyone for posting inaccurate color! And did I get her aunt and mother mixed up too?? My excuse is lack of sleep. Worked night turn last night and only slept 3 hours before posting. Won't do that again. :blushing:

I honestly think the DT actually believes this stuff will help JA... JM is not objecting, because he'll show how this is in relation to JA as the abuser and not TA, while the DT will sit there looking stupified that JM did it again...

You are so right! Been there..done that. Those certain words still sting all these years later.

They didn't even date for 6 months. I don't think this type of abuse applies to their relationship. In fact, I believe Travis was way too nice to her and it cost him his life.

And wasn't all of their 5 mo. supposed "relationship" long distance?

Today is National Awareness Day for Epilepsy. They use purple ribbons.

HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aunt.

BUT IS THAT A BUTTON? Is that jodi or who on the button?????
button.jpg

Looks like a decorative knot or something on her blouse to me.

In and out today ... Have I missed any part where Ms LV pointed specifically to TA and JA's relationship? ... or is she just relating situations in a general fashion? TIA!

I'm sorry but I DO think threatening to commit suicide is abusive!

It terrorizes the abused party into staying out of fear that if they leave, their abuser will kill him/herself. :(

JA did this to TA, and maybe other men, too. I think ALV is spot-on in saying that.

JMO

Absolutely agree! The suicide letter JA sent to her Grandmother was unconscionable! Her grandparents are conspicuously absent from the courtroom...can't say I blame them....

Not yet, but it's only her second day on the stand. Wilmont needs to be sure the jury understands every aspect of this continuum that applies to ever aspect of relationship issues.
It must be very important to go over it bit by bit - I'm sure the jury will appreciate it. Especially now that they know she'll be paid $300/hr for every hour of this, while they can't go to their own jobs while they listen.

$300 per hour, wow. :what:

I would also imagine the "silent treatment" would be terrifying. Like waiting for the other shoe to drop and not knowing what your abuser is thinking. I can certainly see those as abuse. :(

Awful.

I love receiving the silent treatment!

When my son was about 7 or 8 when annoyed with me would announce, "I'm not speaking to you" lol it only lasted at most 15-20 minutes... But they were glorious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:waitasec: Someone's playing games! I wonder who asked her to wear that and why.
Maybe she's trying to keep the jury from figuring out that the blue stands for supporting Travis. If she wears it, then they may think it's for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel