trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um... I just tuned in after a break - and apparently this expert has yet to focus specifically on this defendant?

Ah. I get it. This expert is (in part) supposed to be therapeutic towards... yeah... right.

It could work - she's good. But it's weird. I'm on guard. She's not my therapist and I am not comfortable psych speech that isn't genuine (unless it's to educate). I grew up among the knees of Mead, LeShan, Dad... ALV hasn't provided anything meaningful yet. (I know - being a little kid when grown-ups talk means nothing. Touche).

But Jodi tells a very convincing story. It took a trained detective, who already did his preliminary ground work, to realize her story wasn't jiving. But if she told that story to any Dick or Jane, it would've sounded incredibly believable. She literally lives her lies in the plotting, planning, scheming, conniving and embellishing of said-story! She doesn't miss a beat. She is a pathological liar.

So this lady nor Samuels works on a forensic level. They only work on an auditory and financial level. And we already know whatever Jodi says is not to be believe because she is literally lying for her life.

If it were ethical, I would love for Juan to ask these experts, would they have testified if they were subpoena and no monies were exchanged?!

That's a pretty horrific thing to do, if that is what Jodi's family and supporters did. Frankly I don't understand why Jodi's family or supporters would throw vitriol at Travis' family. No matter what her family should have sympathy for what his family is going through. After all no matter the circumstances they lost a brother, and in the most horrific manner possible. Even if you love and support Jodi I can't understand trying to taunt his family in Court because they refuse to take off the ribbons that remind them of their brother. Her family can still see and talk to Jodi, TA's no longer has that luxury.

Is even her mother wearing one? or no?

I couldn't see if the mother was wearing one because her hair is in the way. I will try to get a screen cap once it is loaded on youtube.

I'll just bide my time, and see what you all think of her after she trashes Travis. Why on earth do you think the DT was willing to shell out so many dollars if she wouldn't help their case. Don't be naïve you guys.

I predict many will have a change of heart.

A big shout out to Steely Dan for listing the post numbers of my transcripts . . . . I think I got them all updated.

I would love to get my hands on those hearing transcripts! I 'll even pay aand share! Do I have to wait until after trial?

Jodi had complete power over Travis through the "I'll tell the bishop, and you'll lose your temple recommend, the public humiliation will damage your precious career, and none of the nice Mormon, wife-material girls you're running after will have anything to do with you" card. It sounds like she played the card in May, or perhaps he was finally driven to play it himself, and her power vanished...until 6-4.

So true!

I didn't know that, I just had two small grandchildren diagnosed with epilepsy. And just got a call from my daughter, My granddaughter is on life support. The dr's are giving her 20% survival.

Reading here to keep my mind busy.

((((((katiedid and grandbabies))))))) Every good thought I have available is yours - full on... big hugs... and more...

I'll just bide my time, and see what you all think of her after she trashes Travis. Why on earth do you think the DT was willing to shell out so many dollars if she wouldn't help their case. Don't be naïve you guys.
BBM

She is not allowed. She can't speak about Travis specifically. So far I think she's alright, but yeah, my opinion might do a 180 for sure.

If this woman is as good in her field as some seem to think, she would be able to see through Arias' lies in a heartbeat. She would not be testifying AGAINST Travis.

Know what JJ? I don't care how good she is in her field. She has sold herself to the defence of a maniacal killer for $250 per hr. research, and $300 per hr. court time.

:moo:

which is why I can't listen today. This is not like medical science where tumor precursors can be shown and measured. This is, IMO, what often happens when someone has a "cause" they devote their life to and turn it into a profession. They see "it" everywhere. They can't help it. And everything confirms their beliefs. And because it involves people and behavior it can encompass basically anything so that anything an "abuser" does is indicative of being an abuser. When you fail to truly study an issue you only get part of the picture. As Alyce herself says:

What I say is how much research has been devoted to women as abusers instead of the abused? How much support do men have to come forward and claim abuse? How much research has been done to show what women who abuse are like?

You can't know what you don't investigate.

And this is NOT to demean abused women or those who help them. I have done volunteer work with them myself. It's just that even I know that women can be just as bad as men. Just as abusive and controlling-I just think they often use different methods, methods which seem to be ignored in favor of limiting analysis to what men who abuse do. All of this is just IMO!

I agree with you overall, but I do think it's easy to see that men are worse in this regard (at this time and overall), because of the difference in the murder rate of intimate partners. We do report murders and investigate them, and there is a large gender difference at that level of violence. Since it's a high level, it is most definitely 'worse', imho.

That's not to say that women don't murder, that women aren't abusers or that female-on-male DV isn't more evenly spread out in lesser degrees of violence. But I think it is important to note, especially here on WS where we see so many murdered and missing women so often at the hands of their man :(

Has that been confirmed? Do we know why they have ribbons on in court today? It could be for DV and it could be for Epilepsy. I tend to believe it's a stunt and they are wearing purple for DV. :furious: Since the Alexander family did not take off their ribbons, the A family is just being spiteful. JMO

Well I know the <mod snip> want to be for DV but common sense and not being a hater myself tells me it is for Epilepsy as they have never worn them before today but that is MOO and not confirmed.

I couldn't see if the mother was wearing one because her hair is in the way. I will try to get a screen cap once it is loaded on youtube.
Victim and offender families often have empathy for one another.

Has anyone here actually calculated the number of days (approximately, since we weren't there) that JA and TA actually physically spent together?

HLN reported the juror with the different colored hair (tri-Color to us :)) was seen shaking her head, agreeing with what Alyce was saying. Sounds like Tri-Color see's it how we do..

Mine barks in my face until I let him out, or if I'm late for feeding, or he's tired of being at the dog park, if he wants a treat.....he's a rescue greyhound and I managed to turn him into a spoiled brat in less than 6 months:) as it should be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two dogs but the cat is the one who interferes with the computer. My son "taught" the cat how to play video games and he thinks everything I'm doing is a video game and tries to play with my typing and reading your all's posts. Very annoying.

i didn't know that, i just had two small grandchildren diagnosed with epilepsy. And just got a call from my daughter, my granddaughter is on life support. The dr's are giving her 20% survival.

Reading here to keep my mind busy.
(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

<3

Has anyone reported about the defense team filing a protective order against three journalist today? One of them being Beth Karas.. I saw this on Tamara Tattles site. It was filed electronically and hearing is tomorrow morning. Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesaccasey