trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This women knows her business and the area of Domestic Abuse from all aspects. I can't believe she is going to ruin her reputation and her practice for Arias and money.

JMHO

Some people will do anything for money, and don't forget, she got to pitch her new book that is about to come out.

A "fugue state" is a highly defined psychiatric state (rare) and if Jodi was diagnosed as having been in a "fugue" we'd have heard about it from Samuels. He didn't use that term because he couldn't make it fit imo.

" So that was someone who was terrorized but w/out physical abuse...like sexual humiliation...something someone goes along with even though they don't want to do to..."

HERE WE GO....

I wonder if Arias has read her book!!!!! Arias she quoted something she said She said sexual something something.. ooooooooooh phoey.. Talk about short-term memory loss..
uuuuuuuuuuug

Fognesia™ knows no strangers.

There's a difference between walking away until you calm down (which is what I do & sounds like you as well) and "punishing" someone with the silent treatment. It's a pretty fine distinction and I would hope a decent expert would not jump to conclusions.

Well, they were specifically talking about walking away as being a form of abuse and not conflating it with the silent treatment.

She's talking so generic-like. An umbrella of certain situations that might apply to other women but not Jodi. This is ridiculous. We can Google this stuff! It's like an infomercial.

No one is going to buy this in THIS particular case. What she is saying is irrelevant. Who cares about these other cases?

I realize she's establishing a relationship with the jurors and selling her expertise but this is over-kill. This is nothing but a presentation of generalization!

No I don't think this will qualify for ineffective counsel. They chose an appropriate witness to support their claim of self defense based on battered woman syndrome. Unfortunately this is the best they got and Juan will just use her more to his advantage. It can't be held against them that the are outlawyered.

outlawyered, AWESOME WORD! haha

My violent ex would threaten to hurt my cat, I ended up giving her up because I was afraid. This is hard to listen to.
I so hope that Jodi didn't do anything worse to Travis' dog than fence him in and leave him, as far as she knew, unattended to for an indefinite period of time.

Yes, the dog apparently made a mess and the roommates thought the smell was due to that. So that kicking the dog experience totally changed her perspective on animal treatment, but she left the dog to starve for all she knew without a second thought. Not surprising after what she did to Travis. She did mention randomly in the middle of testimony that she also has scratches around her ankles (and she showed Flores scratches "from her cat" on her arms); I hope Naps got a few good bites in. :)

He hit the steering wheel and door during California rush hour traffic.:facepalm:

I never could understand why they call it "rush hour" when you are sitting in the world's biggest parking lot. (I lived there for many years.)

Pounding on the steering wheel is a right of passage on the Santa Monica Freeway at 5:00 pm. :rocker:

Well this 'victim' doesn't ,mind talking about her sex life, she testified she enjoyed it!
Yes I remember all the shy shamed talk about licking her doo-da & the faked orgasm on the phone. Yes definitely a shrinking violet!

I know this is wayyyyy off topic but I actually have tears in my eyes laughing. :floorlaugh:
That musta hurt

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think it did but they were drunk. I still laugh so hard when I hear the story.

I appreciate her info but i wish she could condense her words so its not drawn out

Juan: is it common for abusers to exploit weaknesses ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so is this just going to be one long hypothetical with her little personal anecdotes about former patients thrown in here and there?

did she ever even TALK to the defendant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stouts4life