trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And JM should ask why an abuse victim would torture the dead victim's family with flowers to his grandmother and personal long letters to the family knowing full well that she had killed him?

Would someone just shoot me now? I'll pay for your gas to Oregon. I can't take anymore . I'm expecting JW to ask why we sent men to the moon. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Update: Hold off on my offer. I just heard there are death threats against the defense team. Let's see how that plays out.

i hope those pictures of travis's mutilated body haunt JW every time she closes her eyes.

this is a whole new low!!

not everyone who has a terrible upbringing turns in to an abuser!!

travis worked hard for what he had and turned his life around!!!!

Gosh, now it sounds like she's describing Jodi. But I swore I thought JW was insinuating TA had the PTSD.

Can someone tell me how Travis could have emotionally abused someone who lived far away, that he was not in a relationship with, that he wanted to avoid?

No. And neither can the defense. That's why we're being treated to all of this BS.

Go ahead Jennifer let the jury know what Travis overcame .... go head you VERY VERY VERY unusual person. Go ahead and do it. It will just enrage the jury even more. I'm furious. Actually furious is a understatement of epic proportions!!!!!
It is a Logical Fallacy to assume that everyone from an abusive home will become an abuser. Some old study of prisoners at Folsom found 100% claimed to come from homes with DV. I don't think I need to explain how that CANNOT be twisted into saying 100% of children who witness DV will grow up to be abusive. And yet that is what some people get from that study.

I don't think that is where ALV was headed, anyway. I think she will be more likely to "hypothetically" say many with this background grow up to be "RESCUERS."

And rescuers are prime targets for sociopaths.

We live in a world of violence!

I am sitting here sobbing for Travis and his family
I pray the jury sees what's happening here and does the right thing
DP for this monster

If they have the same lump in their throat and pit their stomach as I do, they are not happy with this line of questioning. It really is below the belt.

Well, I am sure that since JW decided to open up the can of worms regarding bad childhoods, I am very confident that Mr. Martinez will undoubtedly bring up JA horrible early days.

I can only hope. This is disgusting.

This line of questioning is sympathetic toward Travis. He was abused as a child and then got butchered by his batshit crazy ex-girlfriend in one of the most brutal ways imaginable. A life of abuse.

Is ALV a child psychologist, qualified to comment on this hypothetical child?

my Dad grew up in an abusive family and I (and my 7 siblings) could not have been blessed with a kinder, more moral, more gentle Dad :rocker:

So is she telling us why JA got a knife and gun (equalizers) so she could carry out of her murder successfully?

Oddly enough, I think she is.

I think she has hit eerily close on several salient points for it to be coincidence. She as handed JM his cross on a silver platter and I am really beginning to doubt that it is accidental.

I am kind of :what:

Is this witness ever going to get around to speaking about THIS relationship?

Be grateful she isn't. If she was bashing TA as an abuser we would all be frothing at the mouth. My BP is better this way. :)

child who grows up neglected, can't bathe much, parents are drug abusers, dirty, teased . . .is that abusive? . . . very abusive.

ok - so as this child grows up to be a man
something whether they blame self for what happened . . . what they learned growing up . . . even if you have terrific parents you said I will not do what my parents did . . . sometimes you end of channeling those things you said you would never say . . . because I said so . . those s ort of things

you learn to be fearful . . .where it plays out may not be in your professional life - you are not challeneged @ same emotional level -- you can be successful in your job and have good job but tested most in intimate relationship - what I hear from men I work with . . they get into situation with partner they are thrown back to powerlessness feeling as a kid . . . stop it by getting bigger and more powerful against person that makes them feel powerless. . . kids don't have cognitive ability to explain or say what is happening . . they are left with the feelings that come up when in a relationship and feel powerless . .. . young vs 6 or 7 years old vs. teens? . . . things can be tolerated more when they are little . . . if teen they have a good life and people they can count on . . more of an ability of having a life where little kids cannot . . . infants suffer from failure to thrive . . .all of this kids ere little and had full blown PTSD . . . didn't matter if you were male or female . . they were afraid of adults . . . things tolerated by teens may be very hard to tolerate by a young child.

learn how to deal with relationship without intervention? . . .not specific necessarily but they would not have the skills to deal with an intimate relationship . . .most of us have seen our parents argue and close a door . . but if parents are acting out violently . . . you see that is how you treat someone in a loving relationship. . . I always remember my Dad coming home from work and
Objection - sustained

Combat readiness- Brucy Perry deal with children involved in violent crimes . . . live in family that is a war zone . . .have to be hypervigilent in a warzone . . .see things as threatening that we might not see. . . chronic combat readiness is living your life in a violent family zone flooded with stress hormones and in fight vs. flight . . . not operating from cortex but operating in your reptilian brain . . . .a lo of people who bullied people came from violent families.

men you worked with come from traumatic or abusive families?
my experience has been almost everybody I worked with came from some violent situation in foster care, their parents, their primary caretakers, violent neighborhood. . . research showed somewhere 60-70% . . . . research was done when people lived in violence they were beaten as children and they thought that was ok . . . not 100% but close to it . . .

worst kinds of violence tend to be perpetrated by those who grew up in the worst kind of violence.

afternoon recess until 3:15 . . . . you are excused

please stand for the jury

Hahahaha...She said reptilian brains....very good description of the "snake" JA!

She makes Travis sound like some gangster who grew up in the projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double