trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #109

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture that bothers me the most is why is Travis sitting on the shower floor? I can't believe that Travis would take showers sitting down. There is no ledge to sit on in his tiny shower stall. That one bugs me a lot. I am thinking like some of you as well: she had to have been in control of Travis via a weapon at that point. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

Exactly my thoughts.

okay my weird twisted take on some things Jodi said

"he called me Pollyanna"...( not only is this something my grandma would say, it also implies that Travis supposedly thinks of her as overly positive and optimistic...saying this is MANIPULATIVE...she attempts to cast a light on herself to the detective....to make him think that Travis thinks she is an "overly good girl".

" she kicked a dog once" ( by the way thanx everyone ...feel so much better now)

jodi admitting to kicking a dog or whatever really happened...probably more like she stabbed and gutted the dog...her bringing this up is some kind of admission of guilt...it's very bizarre, she has a need to confess because she is extremely proud of how she murdered Travis and wants " credit" so she will use the dog...and at the same time maybe get some sympathy, because like you guys say...we have all had these moments...right???? she's covertly saying...see I'm just like you....

I have more but have to answer a call...b back...

Dr. DeMarte must have interviewed JA, because looking at all the motions filed by the defense in this case, they tried mightily to limit her testimony, filed a motion in August 2011 regarding her report, notes and raw data. As late as December 2012 they tried to preclude her conclusions regarding her SARA evaluation of JA.

And then she had her laptop stolen from her home. Coinkydink?

Here's a local Phoenix news report re her laptop stolen last month:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/2...t-witness-in-arias-trial-has-home-burglarized

On it was her "psychological profile" of JA; how/if that differs from an "evaluation" idk. The video shows a glimpse of Dr. DeMarte for those interested.

You girls are truly lucky. My husband would rather watch paint dry, as he has reminded me many times during this trial. Also my 3 daughters are
n.o.t i.n.t.e.r.e.s.t.e.d

It was touch and go there for a while. I don't feel too bad for sucking him in because I know in spring, there will be days where I get up at 3am because he wants us to take a boot camp fishing day. I will grin and bear it. :)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #16 *ADULT CONTENT*
Jan 30 2013
OK I can't find an interview!
I know I heard someone tell this on a show!
Chef named Matt.
Not over a boyfriend.
"Jodie went into the women's employee bathroom, directly across a hallway from the shared restaurant/kitchen office, slammed the door shut, screamed and kicked a hole in the wall."
Popsicle had it! :great:

And it was After she met Darryl.
So maybe she was violent with him too???

I've always thought she HAD to be. This behavior didn't begin and end with TA. Her exes knew. Her family knew. I'm sure her co-workers knew.

Shame on DB for holding out information to protect her! TA and his family deserves better than that. If you were man enough to buy her implants, live with her, and give her gas cans (and probably money) to aid her on this "endeavor," be man enough to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth under oath. Be a good example for your child. He's watching. :twocents:

The picture that bothers me the most is why is Travis sitting on the shower floor? I can't believe that Travis would take showers sitting down. There is no ledge to sit on in his tiny shower stall. That one bugs me a lot. I am thinking like some of you as well: she had to have been in control of Travis via a weapon at that point. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

I wonder if she shot him and he went down in the shower? He wasn't dead, he was able to get out, go to sink, maybe she's stabbing him in the back and head, then he turns around, she stabs him in the heart, on his knees trying to get away , final slash his throat. A person doing the throat slash takes time to cut through all the ligaments etc etc. I'm only guessing. How horrible.

Newbie here. I've been lurking for awhile and joined recently. I'm glad you brought this up because someone on the IS FB page provided a link to the picture of Travis sitting in the shower and questioned the silver object in the bottom right hand of the photo. They wondered if it was the barrel of a 25. Has this been discussed previously? If so I apologize, but there's so much info on here I wouldn't know where to look. Here's a link to the picture.
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/273021/slide_273021_1985293_free.jpg?1358207900401

If it's the barrel of a gun in the photo, she was holding the camera. No "accidental" photo there.

From the State vs page
1. Hello. My name is Matt. I was the Exec. Chef at the time that Jodie Arias was employed at Ventana Inn and Spa in Big Sur and began her relationship with Darryl Brewer. I heard on JVM that Darryl characterized that their relationship began after he was no longer her supervisor. That is a lie. Also, It was also stated on JVM that Jodie did not exhibit any violent behavior that he was aware of. I can... recall a specific incident with other witnesses when she did at Ventana Inn and Spa during her shift.
I bear no malice toward Jodie or Darryl. My objection to their relationship at that time was directly related to how Jodie manipulated the entire restaurant staff after her relationship with Darryl began and Darryl's culpability and in her manipulative behavior.

As a matter of fact, Darryl was promoted from Restaurant Manager to Food and Beverage Director during their relationship. The GM of the hotel at the time did not see their relationship as a problem despite the empirical evidence to the contrary. Eventually, Darryl did resign the F&B position, He stated his reasoning at the time was due to the amount of time he was spending away from his son. Darryl stayed on as a server for a short time and then, gave notice and left.

more from Matthew Millea
By the time the incident I referred to in my original post occurred, Jodie was well into her relationship with Darryl. Jodie had a disagreement with another server regarding switching her station for the lunch shift this particular day. The other server refused to change their assigned station. Jodie went into the women's employee bathroom, directly across a hallway from the shared restaurant/kitchen office, slammed the door shut, screamed and kicked a hole in the wall. The other manager and I heard the ruccus and asked if she was alright. She immediately opened the door to the woman's employee bathroom and was recalcitrant and apologized in her 'sweetest' voice. She obviously hadn't realized that anyone was in the office across the hall. She promised to get the hole in the wall fixed with her own money, etc., etc. The other manager and I had already realized that Jodie, due to her relationship with Darryl, was beyond reproach or reprimand for this or any other incident.

Also contradicting JA's claim that she had no anger issues: recently released interrogation video shows her talking about an "argument" with Daryl that got so heated that she had a "nervous breakdown" and went into another room and hyperventilated - probably "shook" too. I think all her "shaking" testimony relates to her shaking in ANGER, not fear, and clearly she had those issues before ever meeting TA.

From the State vs page
1. Hello. My name is Matt. I was the Exec. Chef at the time that Jodie Arias was employed at Ventana Inn and Spa in Big Sur and began her relationship with Darryl Brewer. I heard on JVM that Darryl characterized that their relationship began after he was no longer her supervisor. That is a lie. Also, It was also stated on JVM that Jodie did not exhibit any violent behavior that he was aware of. I can... recall a specific incident with other witnesses when she did at Ventana Inn and Spa during her shift.
I bear no malice toward Jodie or Darryl. My objection to their relationship at that time was directly related to how Jodie manipulated the entire restaurant staff after her relationship with Darryl began and Darryl's culpability and in her manipulative behavior.

As a matter of fact, Darryl was promoted from Restaurant Manager to Food and Beverage Director during their relationship. The GM of the hotel at the time did not see their relationship as a problem despite the empirical evidence to the contrary. Eventually, Darryl did resign the F&B position, He stated his reasoning at the time was due to the amount of time he was spending away from his son. Darryl stayed on as a server for a short time and then, gave notice and left.

more from Matthew Millea
By the time the incident I referred to in my original post occurred, Jodie was well into her relationship with Darryl. Jodie had a disagreement with another server regarding switching her station for the lunch shift this particular day. The other server refused to change their assigned station. Jodie went into the women's employee bathroom, directly across a hallway from the shared restaurant/kitchen office, slammed the door shut, screamed and kicked a hole in the wall. The other manager and I heard the ruccus and asked if she was alright. She immediately opened the door to the woman's employee bathroom and was recalcitrant and apologized in her 'sweetest' voice. She obviously hadn't realized that anyone was in the office across the hall. She promised to get the hole in the wall fixed with her own money, etc., etc. The other manager and I had already realized that Jodie, due to her relationship with Darryl, was beyond reproach or reprimand for this or any other incident.

That thing likes to kick, eh?

Found the cat info!

<respectfully snipped by borndem>

Oh. Oh, Jane. I just came unglued. I wanted to -- I wanted to just strangle this girl. I was furious at what she had done to an innocent animal. And she didn`t have remorse Jane. She showed no remorse.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/29/ijvm.01.html

If you read above it she was constantly calling Travis while on the clock!
Other people had to do her work.

Still looking for the interview from a waitress that said she kicked a hole in a bathroom wall at work.

gngr~snap -- That's the way I remember reading it, too. I don't always remember specific testimony, but this little story upset me so much.... I guess I just remembered it because of the sadistic (to the poor cat and its owner) flippancy of the deed and the way in which she related the story to its owner. Grrrrrrrrr. I just wanted to do the same thing to her. :furious:

What a piece of pzzz poor protoplasm she is.

Listening to the testimony from yesterday.....I am sure she is an expert in her field and she is doing a fine job.....but WHEN CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE COLD BLOODED MURDER of Travis Alexander by Ms. Arias? The jury has to be scratching their eyeballs out by now....IMHO, this is going to do nothing to explain Ms. Arias' behavior.....oh wait a minute is she talking about Travis being the abused, perhaps?

I don't think she's doing any job at all, much less a fine one.

i was particularly offended (and hope I don't offend anyone here) that she implies that victims of DV have absolutely no personal responsibility for getting out of their situation. Because no one will believe them and the world caters to men. What 1950's bull. And it's just too haaaaaaaaard to do anything about it.

What's the opposite of empowerment? That's the message she sends to victims of DV. (that's the main point of my post, I am not trying to say it's easy to get ones self out of that kind of situation. But to sit back because of "what society may think" and the rest of her reasons why women don't tell is just bull) IMO. and I'll admit I turned her off after her sickening recitiations of every case she has ever seen.

I just want a piece of toast....:tantrum:
When is it suppose to start...1:30 ET?

How many carbs are you allowing yourself a day? Other day I ate some grits and then very closely monitored how many carbs I ate the rest of the day.

I think it will start a bit later then 1:30 ET b/c of that hearing.

Newbie here. I've been lurking for awhile and joined recently. I'm glad you brought this up because someone on the IS FB page provided a link to the picture of Travis sitting in the shower and questioned the silver object in the bottom right hand of the photo. They wondered if it was the barrel of a 25. Has this been discussed previously? If so I apologize, but there's so much info on here I wouldn't know where to look. Here's a link to the picture.
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/273021/slide_273021_1985293_free.jpg?1358207900401

That's just JM's silver pointing device. You'll see it in a lot of photos.

I have always wondered about the sitting in the shower too. But the one photo of him looking in the camera, initially I thought wow he looks pizzed. Then the shower sitting down photo, I think he was resigned. He did whatever to get it over with. Whether she had weapons or not. I am not sure TA knew she was there at all till after 1:30. He probably knew that she was trying to come see him and he probably told her no, move on. That last text is pretty angry. As the day wore on he probably got to thinking he was o.k., she was going to Utah. IMHO, I really think he just stopped and felt every emotion possible then resignation that she showed up and its never going to be done.

JA did this terrible thing because she meant to. She was all in.

Kelly

It looks sort of like the duct tape that may have been around his arm and was later found in the laundry room. She may have scooped it up with the towels (and camera) and it ended up on laundry room floor.

ETA - someone posted it was Juan's pointer, that's a better explanation

I wonder if she shot him and he went down in the shower? He wasn't dead, he was able to get out, go to sink, maybe she's stabbing him in the back and head, then he turns around, she stabs him in the heart, on his knees trying to get away , final slash his throat. A person doing the throat slash takes time to cut through all the ligaments etc etc. I'm only guessing. How horrible.

Only problem with that sequence is that the casing from the shot landed on congealed blood and was otherwise pristine (clear of any blood). If she shot first the casing would be covered in blood once she started stabbing him, he struggled etc. Maybe she tried to shoot first and gun jammed (kernel of truth from Ninja story), then she stabbed, then able to unjam gun for final shot.

IMO, TA was in the shower but not 'showering'. no sign of soap suds, no body or hair rubbing. At last this was the vulnerable position she wanted him in. Wet, naked and cornered, his weight/strength advantage were negated.

Personally I can't imagine her brandishing a weapon and a camera simultaneously. It would be too much of a risky distraction to her. She's a temptress and a teaser and I believe TA sat at her command right before she surprised him with the first weapon.

It's the prosecutor's pen pointing at the exhibit.

WELCOME!!!!!!:great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member