trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #126

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juan has called ALV a liar within the first 10 min today.

#596 is admitted

JS is driving me nuts! She won't even instruct the witness to answer the question! She actually said "try to answer", omfg

If testimony is accurate and honest, because you are an impartial "expert" (and I use that term loosely here), there is no need for the dodging and ducking all the answers.

I'm pretty sure she has already lost all credibility with the jury as she is unable to answer the simplest of questions. I cannot get over her lack of understanding of courtroom decorum - especially if she wants to continue to pull in the big bucks claiming she is an "expert" and can testify credibly.

On of my co-workers who had no idea who was on trial for what is working in my office this afternoon while the trial is on. His take on AVL's testimony so far "She really thinks she's smarter than everyone else in the room doesn't she?"

suestodola_zpsfc8650ca.jpg

JA's face is looking fuller.

She must have decided to eat. She's wearing Sue Stodola's (retired Mitigation Witness) blouse again!

Attachments

• JA.jpg
    JA.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 22
Perhaps an attorney or someone who knows can answer this for me; what does a witness have to do in order to be considered/treated as a hostile witness? This dodging by ALV seems like grounds to be a hostile witness, MOO.
I think it has to be your own witness that can be considered hostile. When your own witness is considered/treated as a hostile witness, you can then ask leading questions.

I miss Judge Perry so much. "We're going to be in and out like pop tarts"

Yeah, but the result sure wasn't that great.

woah - someone is being snarky by saying "you're trying to trick me".

She probably believes that. But he doesn't play tricks. He actually has a point he gets to. And the defense sure doesn't want him to get to that point.

Gimme a break ...
HLN just said that "this is another aggressive examination of a witness" about Juan questioning ALV.
Bull Hockey .... Juan is just trying to cut thru ALV's rambling/refusal to answer any question with straight answers.

Trying to question this witness is like trying to pull hen's teeth.:furious:

HLN has it all wrong.

I know exactly what she's doing. She is trying to negate Juan's use of the continuum and how it doesn't apply to the case and how some of it could apply to Jodi. Much of his cross might be based on it and she's acting like it's of little importance and Juan is just a stupid man. He'll get there.

Watch the THs say it's Juan's fault for staying on a topic too long. She won't answer the question. This cross is gonna take a while.

And then when he brings it all home and slam dunks it, they'll claim they saw here he was going all along. Grrr!!

Personally, I think she's near tears, but probably frustration and anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand