trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #130

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May not need May. Does that mean it's possible they will finish before that?

Can you need May, or May you need May?
...that is the question....
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

After my aunt finished law school, she was a public defender. After many years and scraping by financially, she became a county prosecutor. She was so happy and she was so positive all the time. She glowed and was a very strong woman.

After a few years, the politics got to her (Chicago) and she left to become a private criminal defense lawyer. I saw her change into a very negative person. Just terrible to be around. She tried to be a divorce attorney but the money just wasn't there. Gang bangers have cash and they pay their attorneys. Sadly, my aunt is no longer a good person. She tried to counter-balance the negativity with doing lots of pro bono work but it wasn't enough. She no longer practices law but unfortunately, she still has changed to the point that she's no longer a nice person to be around.

I see remarks on here about JW and I think about my aunt. She was just doing her job. She believed in justice and that everyone has a right to legal representation. She worked hard to graduate law school and work full-time. She was happy and full of life.

Everyone wants justice for Travis. JW is just doing her job, and well, even Nurmi tried to get out of this case.

moo

Thanks for all your company on this interesting day of testimony!
Enjoy your evening, all you sleuthers!

OK, Folks, help me out here. I have been seeing posts all day about this being a good day for the Pros. What points are you all making this point about?

Please elaborate????

What has Juan achieved today in response to this witness.

I think the biggest accomplishment today was JM's having been able to show an unwillingness on ALV's part to consider evidence unfavorable to JA and a failure to apply the same standards across the board to written/verbal communications she relied on. He's done a good job of pointing out that ALV is heavily biased toward the defendant - not only in dismissing/applying different standards of evaluation to TA than she did to JA, but in negating more objective evidence or always interpreting ambiguous evidence in JA's favor.

JM was able to unravel ALV quite thoroughly today, so much so that at one point she told him if he were in her group, she would ask him to "take a timeout." (The judge admonished her for that comment.)

Bottom line after today, IMO, is that no juror is gonna have any doubt that this witness was not (and still isn't) at all objective in evaluating the domestic violence situation, despite her claims to the contrary.

It's as big as jw head!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 92
Who saw that??? This is weird! Are you watching?!?!!

What I am taking away from the testimony today is this witness will always say her assessment about JA being a victim of domestic violence is correct regardless of what other evidence she is presented with, including JA's out right lies about being abused as a child by her parents, and the statements of others who were present at the times JA told her she was hit who refute what JA says. And that even with prove that JA is a chronic habitual liar she will always be biased towards JA.

I also think if this woman wants to be done she needs to answer the da*& effing questions and stop trying to play one ups with the Prosecutor!! :banghead:

Yes, I really agree. Alyce's credibility went out the door long ago with the jurors.

Jodi didn't realize camera was still on and put her glasses on real fast. What was with the touching her nose thing?

ah its nice to say to JA bye bye , back to your cell that you share. while we can go to our kitchen and make some great food, turn our tv on, take a nice long relaxing shower while listening to music and sleep in a huge bed with nice sliky clothes ah life is good .

but the cat came back
the very next day
the cat came back
thought he was a goner but
the cat came back
just couldn't stay away...

this song terrified me as a child. Jodi is the cat. *shudder

What do you guys think about ALV being hired specifically to coach JA how to testify on the stand? I think her testifying about domestic violence was secondary and JM is tearing her to pieces. She acts and sounds and uses same body language as JA. IMO.

Pretty clear. I don't view her as even a typical defense "expert". She does ONE thing-decides a woman is "abused". That's it. She is an advocate whose "expertise" is finding abuse. Why hire her unless you want to learn how to present your guilty defendant as a domestic violence victim. What does it even mean to be such an expert? It means she is predisposed to find domestic violence as that is ALL she is looking for. To me, it is completely unpersuasive to present this type of testimony, especially in the case of a clearly depraved murder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Camera still on JA and JW - thought I saw JA say, "I swear..." then noticed the camera on them, pointed it out to JW and then they moved away... camera followed! LOL!

I came to this trial so late and I'm amazed at how much the longer term member's know about this case. I wish the information was all located in one place. And I hope the entire texts, emails and journals come out. I'm sure the media is already trying to get it. Thanks to the Senior Members and all their knowledge.

There is a whole lot of inflammation on this site.. Look a the media thread and you'll find a plethora of timelines, photo's the works.

So, the key words I've heard today were:

Manipulative
Jealousy
Stalking
Purple Plum
and the whole KY/lube thing that I'm trying to block out.

I do believe Mr. Martinez has plucked La Violet and thrown her in the compost. I am not, however, looking forward to re-direct :( Ughhhhh... more chipmunk voice and giggles. I may have to just keep JM on replay during that.

Jodi told Jennifer to kiss her boo-boo on her nose, and "no, it won't be weird, do it, do it, you want to do it!" Then gave her a kiss on the cheek. Well, that's what I saw. :fence: MOO

Wow, cameras stayed on Jodi and defense. They were just laughing it up. Jodi was trying to appear like a HUMAN. Didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper