trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #135

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if your man wants you to dress up in a sexy fantasy costume he's pervert? Well let me call my pervert and tell him that he's abusive and a pedophile. With all of the costumes people wear in the bedroom that= pedophile?

Travis had some perverted stuff, from what I've heard (what's actually documented as coming from him directly - not going to repeat it, as it's gross), but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve justice!

Just remember that the jury heard JA on the stand...
Had she not been arrested, would she have confessed to the killing?

She said she doesn't really know. Enough said. What more do they need to know?

I am just so sad for Travis and his family right now... very sorry for what they continue to endure. It is almost unbearable to me. Sigh

...wish I could get a clip of that last little exchange. unbelievable.

"if she was a really good liar, she would have planned a really good lie and she didn't".

wtf.

I have to laugh, it's so ridiculous. She lied, and lied, the doc and DV expert STILL believe her, and she is STILL LYING!

And they are defending and justifying her lying by lying about her lying!

I may need to "lie" down, it's just too much!

Call me crazy but I have a gut feeling that these jury questions are NOT going to be well received by the DT. ALV seems even less credible than Samuels. Her bias toward the murderer was so over the top that I have a feeling that the jury is not going to be happy. And the best part is Juan is going to get another crack at her with respect to these questions.

"Because.....if Miss Arias was a really good liar, she would have planned a really good lie, and she didn't."

Well done, Ms. Laviolette! JW handed you this line to memorize yesterday, and you remembered it and delivered it exactly as she asked.

You convinced no one, and you are soon to find this out. Steel yourself.

I was feeling a little sorry for ALV this morning after reading all the stuff that happened. Then I listened to her today. Not feeling the tiniest bit sorry for her anymore. AT ALL.

So lemme get this straight.... According to ALV Abusers who abuse at home don't abuse at work ... so then I can assume the people who don't abuse me at work are kicking their dogs at home? HUH

:)

But seriously, my abuser's co-workers and friends thought he was just a great guy, and had absolutely no idea what an evil he was at home. I think this is often the case.

I am trying so hard not to get upset and more important not to voice my opinion of ALV right now. Instead I am going to concentrate on what an excellent prosecutor JM is and how the jury seems to be on their toes and know when they are being snowed by someone with "secondary gain" as a motive to testify the way they are.

Me too but it gets harder every damn day. What new low will Team Jodi hit today. DT=rubbish, bs, poppycock, liar, fraud, cheat, false witness, deceiver and scum. :furious:

ALV: "If Ms. Arias was a really good liar then she would have planned a really good lie, and she didn't."

OMG

She did. She wasn't there, never in Arizona, was on her way to SLC. It was the camera and bloody evidence she left behind that got her caught. So that really was not a great statement by ALV as it brings attention to all those things Jodi did do to avoid being detected in Mesa.

She's very well known in academic circles here and very well respected. My mom saw her lecture back in the 90's. But she remembered a question she asked Ms. Laviolette that I think is telling. My mom asked her if she has ever seen a male victim of domestic violence. ALV said its rare and my mom went on to describe a male client of hers who had been severely abused.

The very fact that my little, feminist, liberal mother asked that question and brought up that client tells me something. I do believe this lady is a radical second wave feminist and I think that has caused her to be biased when it comes to male and female roles and who victims are and who perps can be. It's called confirmation bias.

Laviolette represents an important past in feminist history and academia. I think radical feminists were necessary to get things like the equal pay act of 1963. But I think we have moved past patriarchy as the sole framework for any issue and ALV has been left behind.

I think this case could become as pivotal as the burning bed case but this time, instead of highlighting the serious issue of battered women, it will highlight the serious issue of men who are stalked and murdered by female Intimate partners.

ALV unfortunately, is going to be on the wrong side of history when it comes to this. She may sense that and thus she's bucking her role with extreme defensiveness and a refusal to be objective.

But people who attack her, threaten her and unfairly smear her past work will only delay her possible acceptance of the possibility that she may be wrong here. All that will do is make her more entrenched in the idea that our patriarchal society conspires to prevent victims like jodi from surviving or standing up to their abusers. Gag. But that's what all the rage is doing.

I say, Gitana, your posts are like a freshening following wind. I feel the sails filling again. We sail for justice, say I! Still, your final point is sobering and well worth consideration.

Someone doesn't have to be "a really good liar" to be a grand and/or habitual liar. Just look at our politicians.

If Ms. Arias was a really good liar then she would have planned a really good lie, and she didn't."

Which one wasn't a good lie? The first one, the second one, the third one, the fourth one?

The whole discussion about TA having a double life because he didn't tell everyone about his sex life is laughable.
No normal person goes around talking about their sex life to friends or family.

I think we'll have a pretty good idea how this witness' testimony was received when we hear the jury's questions. If their questions echo those that we might have posed, perhaps some of our :furious: will be quelled. I hope the Judge doesn't allow ALV to ramble on incessantly with her answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20