trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #136

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this 150%. The problem I have is that she hasn't conceded the "possibility" of having been duped, keeping the shammery alive in the courtroom. On questions where she's been given an "out" where Juan or the jury has used the "is it possible?" phrasing, she still refuses to concede.

The BIGGER issue I have with her is knowing she's been duped, she seems to take it out on Travis by slamming him even harder. (My opinion, here)

Seriously can't take much more of her, and she looks beaten down today, so hopefully she will do her best to get herself off the stand tomorrow.

It's getting tougher, and tougher to look at her. After today, and the major Travis slamming, my empathy is thread-bare.

BRAVO!!!! POST OF THE DAY, IMO!! The jurors are permitted to CONTINUE asking questions, so I'm convinced where she's deliberately answered vaguely - they'll demand clarification! I'm so happy for Tenisha, Samantha, Stephen & the whole family!!! Finally, sort of a good day...

Jodi was really weird and jumpy after court adjourned. Stretching her arm all the way forward, grabbing a pencil, standing the pencil on it's end, grabbing it again, stretching arm with pencil forward, putting it down, picking it up. That is when the bailiff walked up to her. Just very jittery and anxious appearing.

Thank you everyone for your insight and encouragement!

I'm logging off today with a smile on my face. I hope Travis' family is walking out to the parking lot with a smile on their face too. The jury is listening. What an amazing day!

:seeya:

I love how the Deputy has his finger on the switch for the stun-belt!! He's locked and loaded and ready to zap!

She's made threats or something. They don't ratchet that stuff up suddenly for nothing.

I believe there are many more questions...she hasn't gotten to the end yet..

It was just "drop dead" time for court....

There were more ? on the judge's desk and more questions were coming in from the jury.

Tomorrow will be more questions for ALV

I loved how the juror even put the precise time that ALV did her cutesy poo grin at Jodi....oh, and the little flirty shrug of the shoulders. :great:

If they aren't done with questions yet, I would LOVE for the Jurors to ask ALV:

"Do You Believe in the DEATH Penalty ?"

Because I am curious and would like to see the response by the DT whatever her answer is.....

Lady on JVM just floored me with that last bit of info. Travis had no bullets in his house that would go with ANY gun. If this has been addressed in court, I missed it. But, I didn't start watching till Jodi took the stand. I think that's huge!
Added this as an afterthought.

Travis walks into the "bullet" store. Give me a bullet please. Heck, make it 6.

crud, Maybe I will ask over in Katie's thread or somewhere not log jammed because if anyone has answered my question it was lost among the 10000000s of posts

Why the heck is JA wearing a bullet proof vest openly before the jury when just a few weeks ago her shackles would create a "negative" impression. Why is she wearing a bullet proof vest like some victim in danger of being shot or abused in some physically threatening way??????? Does that not create an impression on the jury??

WTH?

She isn't, that's a stun belt.

ALV teaches classes on how to be an expert witness.... Does not speak well for the "teacher" when she is called out on such a basic element of court performance as body language!

All that smirking, snarking, shrugging, and posturing herself against the prosecutor did not serve her well. She made this personal rather than professional, and it has risen up and bitten her in the rear-end....

no one have the right to take the life of another. in this case ja had so many options but choose to travel and visit the man she claims broke her finger. slaughtered the man cause she was not in his view a woman he wants to marry. and he told her that. she did not mind it and kept on giving him sex to try and change his mind... he stuck with what he wants in a wife. and never changed his mind and ja slaughtered him for it.

:seeya: Buh by Arias. Time to go back to jail :jail:

While EVERYONE ELSE gets to go home sweet home.

And some of us get to talk about you on Websleuths!!!!:great:

we get to stop @ starbucks or cinnabon best of all we get to go to the bathroom without someone watching. :moo:

My, I LOVE the idea of the jury asking questions. I can't prove this offhand, but it stands to reason that it keeps the jury engaged. Letting the jury ask questions in this case has been utterly devastating.

I have a book to recommend, I was listening to the audio while driving on my ill-fated trip this week:

A Trial by Jury: D. Graham Burnett: 9780375727511: Amazon.com: Books

Written by a juror in a homicide case in NY and, the short version, when people went in most tied to get out of the duty, then those who were picked were appropriately cynical, but the deliberations were the most intense 3 days of this mans life.

The picture given was first impressions of his fellow jurors were deceptive and, once they got into the role, they took it very, very seriously, the gravity of what they were doing, deciding a man's fate in another claimed self defense case, became real to them all.

This jury really seems to have completely wrapped their heads around the issues, the facts and are nobody's fools. If there are some jurors favoring a lighter sentence, I'm sure some of the strong personalities we hear in the questions will whip them into line.

That the jurors (at least some) are much smarter than this fraud witness is just deliciously entertaining and gratifying.

Jodi was really weird and jumpy after court adjourned. Stretching her arm all the way forward, grabbing a pencil, standing the pencil on it's end, grabbing it again, stretching arm with pencil forward, putting it down, picking it up. That is when the bailiff walked up to her. Just very jittery and anxious appearing.

I think she wanted to talk to JW. It was time for her to leave to get back to jail for dinner. She was antsy for JW to come talk to her before she had to leave.

Yep, I heard she tried to sneak more pens out..so they are watching CLOSELY and little Ms Sneakyface cannot pull anything so she is pouting lol.

And second that, I LOVE THIS JURY TOO!! They sure got ALVs number ha ha!

Haha! I noticed that ever since the day I posted that Wilmott needed to move her little ink pen cup away from Jodi, that I was compulsively counting the pens in that cup to the point that I had become OCD about counting them...

Well, the ink pen cup was GONE that very next day! And have not seen said cup since.

Proves they are reading here, and if they catch the very few posts I make, they have multiple people reading here every day. IMHO. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV