trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #142

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This eye reflection thing is absolutely ridiculous. I saw a bunny too. Then, when JM said dog, I saw a dog. A friend said she saw a monkey, and I saw that. At the very most, it will show that when the photographer (presumably JA) took that picture, she was taking a picture.

I hope the judge doesn't let it in. I'll be really surprised if she does.

could you explain to me why nurmi thinks this is helpful to his case? it's voodoo. i see nothing. i can't see arms, legs, head, nothing. why does he even want to use it????

is it to do what's happening here? get the jury arguing about what they see or don't see? "oh, it's a KNIFE!' 'NO, NO KNIFE!!' 'THERE'S THE GUN!'

stupid.

It's the latest fashion in defences, apparently. They just haven't figured out how to swear in a stick person. :floorlaugh:

My thoughts are with the victims in Boston. May they have a swift recovery. I understand a couple have lost their legs. :( There is some pretty disturbing pictures on Twitter...so sad.

Very sad.. Definitely no accident. Ball Bearings are everywhere, those are put in bombs. What a mess.

:(

Waiting to hear from my son, a college student in Boston. Left a VM and sent a text.

Waiting to hear from my son or any of the teachers with the 45 kids that flew there. I can not even get through to the school right now to see if they have heard anything.

IMO, domestic terrorism is worse. Like being murdered by someone loved and trusted.

It probably is Domestic. Today is tax day - could be a protestor.

My thoughts are with everyone who has family there and to the victims.

Be safe out there everyone.

Well, My boyfriend looked at his outline and swears he saw her arms in a position that would be consistent with one hand on the camera and the other holding the gun...:doh: Why is the DT trying to get something THAT subjective in?

so the jury can sit and argue about what they see? so he can confuse them? make them forget what the POINT of this case is?

really, what other reason could there be? i don't see what anyone sees. we know she took the pictures. there's absolutely NO WAY anyone----ANYONE----can say whether there's a weapon in his 'image' he outlined.

i'm just offended by it. i think i'll stop commenting on it because it's really not worth discussing, IMO. that's just me, but i'm sick of them trying to mess up this case with stupid s**t. and that's all they're doing now.

Not two people. Just JA with the camera without a knife or gun. fwiw

No, no, just one person in the eye. :) You're thinking of some other eye-theory out on the Interwebs. ;)

They're using it prove <modsnip> was truthful when she said she was taking pictures, but didn't have a weapon in her hand. The outline is supposedly <modsnip> holding the camera with both hands, without a weapon.

Juan think's it's a dog LOL

Oh right, um ... WTF? So she was taking photos .. yeah, we kinda know that BECAUSE WE'RE LOOKING AT A PHOTO!!!!!!!

Seriously this DT is insulting everyone.

Nurmi's reasoning for wanting the 'image' admitted, is because he said it shows she's telling the truth....HA HA - is that your ONLY piece left?????

I still think all these shenanigans are grossly unfair to Travis's family.

Here they were, seated within a few feet of and right behind their late brother's lying, stalking, torture-murderess in the jury box, while she and the DT attempted to conjure up more courtroom theatrics with the imaginary picture of a duck, or whatever it was:

dobbertsibs_zpscfb6daf9.jpg

I admire their phenomenal self-control.​

Why didn't they just get a photo of clouds that day and draw an outline of two ninjas therein who couldn't manage to overpower and 'off' "that girl from California" who wasn't supposed to be there?

BTW, have they swept for IED's or other devices after re-securing the post-Arias jury box?

We also found out Travis was crying in the last pic-that just tore me apart when he said that!!

Not sure if he is or isn't crying but it might be hard to tell one way or another considering he is in the shower with running water.

sounds like it could have been much worse. This is always such a great day in Boston as it's a state holiday, school vacation week and the Marathon. Lots and lots of families with kids around. I bet they are scouring the city looking for other explosives. Hope it was just an isolated incident. They've shut down the T in that area, which is the Green Line and that was a smart move even if it wasn't necessary. I'd be afraid of a secondary attack where the crowd disperses from the first explosion and the T is packed and another happens. I need to stop. My post 9/11 mindset is coming back.

Yes. There were 2 massive explosions at the end of the Boston (my hometown) Marathon just moments ago. Saying desperate prayers.

OK, a man sees an outline of a person in TA's left eye. This outline shows the hands in the same position that JA said her hands were in when she took the picture. Basically, the defense wants to introduce this as evidence to prove that JA at least told ONE truth. JSS will rule on this motion this afternoon.

Mistrial denied as per JM misconduct regarding Autographs and pictures.

Mistrial denied as per JM misconduct of intimidating witnesses.

ALV hearing will take place this afternoon. (Nothing specific was said but it does not sound good for ALV)

Other than when JM spoke, the whole morning was a joke.

Also, for several long, painful, surreal moments, Jodi was sitting in the jury box next to Willmott (per instruction by the judge), and Travis' family were sitting directly behind her in the box (per instruction by the judge). The sisters were crying and it was all very awful. Then Jodi and Willmott moved.

The evidence regarding JM's intimidation of witnesses was a long recording of his interview with Samuels. Which was kind of fun to hear (to me), but aside from a very minor argument between the two Juan was soft spoken and very kind sounding. lol

OK I just got up so am reading back .. and a little bit STUNNED!!!! So if they're trying to get this two people in eye BS in, are they saying the second person is MM?? If so sounds to me like JM has MM on side, and he's coming in as a rebuttal witness, so Nurmi's trying to get this BS in because he's going to try and throw MM well and truly under the Jodi bus. AM I RIGHT? If so, this is a good day for the prosecution.

BTW how on earth can some dude who's not even an expert anything be used to testify like this in court .. oh and I have been laughing at the absurdity of the whole thing, it's so desperate.

No that she wasn't holding a knife....go figure that one!

Ok getting in the shower and groomed and grabbing all JM 8X10 glossies hoping for signatures for the Fan Club Meeting. See you all from court.

What I did notice from the enhanced photo was it appeared that if the shower door was the see through glass type, then it was closed because it looked there were water drops everywhere. Did anyone else notice that or get something different from it? If the door was shut, it goes against JA saying the door was open...

My shower door has ripples in the glass so it always looks like someone had just stepped out of it.

:(

Waiting to hear from my son, a college student in Boston. Left a VM and sent a text.
I hope your son is okay. I am a Bostonian in heart. FYI. Best to text cell towers w voice can get jammed quickly.

Sending your son light and safety.

We also found out Travis was crying in the last pic-that just tore me apart when he said that!!

Oh no! I missed that! When did he say that? I always thought Travis was afraid and tearful in that last photo- has that been confirmed for sure now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper