trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, it looks like he is posing in several of the photos. I can't get it straight in my head how that whole picture-taking scenario played out. How did she convince him to let her take the shower photos? Drives me batty :banghead:

He could very well be kneeling in this photo.....

I think he thought she was gone JMO

I agree but believe testimony will not be tossed. It's big. Juan uncovered something very damaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hope whatever was uncovered doesn't risk the whole trial somehow. The judge looked very distressed.

I agree but believe testimony will not be tossed. It's big. Juan uncovered something very damaging.

I wondered if The Prosecutor was referring to ALV going up to Samantha. I can see Juan getting very heated about that and therefore saying that's why she deserved to be upset.

:seeya: Good Morning !

:please: Let the defense REST today !

:please: Let Mr. Martinez's REBUTTAL start today !

:please: JUSTICE for Travis and his Family !

If you look at the case documents, every entry is marked "Party (001)"

Here is a small portion, for example
2l9i105.png

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/caseSearch.asp

This question was brought up during another trial. Party 001 is always the 1st defendant in the case, and since there is only one defendant, it will always refer to JA.

In Session just replayed the portion yesterday of audio of JM interviewing Samuels. There is no badgering of the witness here. In fact, JM was quite respectful & patient with Samuels IMO. Samuels seems to be the one irritated here. And you can hear Nurmi saying, " I'm glad this is on tape". Really Nurmi?? Gimme a break. A total waste of everyone's time. What a circus this trial has become. I feel so sorry for TA's family having to sit through nonsense such as this!!!

My theory is he made a clear connection to the time that ALV started spending with Jodi and the new and improved self-defense story, and how much she coached Jodi - after all, she said she "trains" expert witnesses on how to testify. She trained Jodi as well I believe.

I like his comment yesterday that she should be upset about what he brought up, it shows that it was clearly unethical whatever it was.

He could very well be kneeling in this photo.....

I think he thought she was gone JMO

But there were several photos taken where it looks like he could have been photographed without him knowing... After the first flash, wouldn't he have noticed her there? Not arguing, just trying to figure this shower scenario out.

I gotta say, the picture bit Nurmi tried to pull was a load of BS, but creative defending.

the rest of the time it seems Nurmi was whining that JM is well liked and does his job well.

IMO

What happens when this trial ends and we have to go cold turkey? Seriously, this is the first trial I've followed here, so what do y'all do next? :eek:

After the Anthony trial I cried for 2 weeks because of the verdict. This is the first trial since that I got caught up in. I am hoping the joy of seeing justice served in this case will allow me to become more active again in websluthing.

To me, it looks like he is posing in several of the photos. I can't get it straight in my head how that whole picture-taking scenario played out. How did she convince him to let her take the shower photos? Drives me batty :banghead:

I believe she planned to kill him in the shower all along. The problem: he procrastinated taking one (probably took one the night before) and she was in a time crunch. SO, she talked him into the "Calvin Klein" pics with HIS camera. Hence, no soap.

By 5 pm, I'm sure TA was willing to do WHATEVER she wanted to get her the heck out of his house! Even if it meant posing for some pics he would delete later... :twocents:

Having considered it and slept on it, I believe JM stipulated because he did not want the goofy line drawing admitted. The 'tracing' would be the source of much confusion. I believe that if JSKS admitted it under Rule 702, eventually the 16 remaining jurors would have had to be transported to Neumeister's lab in order to 'see' the blob his way on his equipment, leading to even more histrionics and over-emphasis on Guesstimony™ as fact. Not to mention further delays and added confusion.

Moreover, if established in at least one juror's mind, it would place the defendant standing fully erect near the time she initial attacked Travis in the shower. While she certainly wouldn't have taken more than a second to bend or crouch, juror confusion is not good for the State's case.

It appears that JM's calculus was that the picture, being framed so obviously intentionally, was taken by the photographer with both hands while looking through the viewfinder, and crouching as the defendant herself testified, and not standing, with the camera held below the chest and lower on the torso, in the neighborhood of the navel, as Neumeister claims.

Is having jurors understand that JA was crouching, not standing, when she took that photo damaging to the State's case? Or does it actually comport more with the State's version of events? Obviously, JM thinks the latter is true.
Completely agree. Nurmi argued for a field trip to Neumeister's lab (that would have been a big "win" for the D and what he was really angling for) or the admittance of the four photos (all variations of #159-close-up of Travis's face culminating with the traced line drawing) presented during the Daubert hearing. To come away with a stipulation that Jodi wasn't holding a gun or knife in the photo shouldn't be perceived as even a small win for the the defense given the magnitude of the other evidence against her. I think it was smart of Martinez to agree to the stipulation. It doesn't change the state's position about what happened the day of the murder or preclude him from stating that she had the knife and/or gun on her person while taking the shower photos or stashed within easy access. Moreover the stipulation gets us closer to the start of rebuttal.

IMHO, she gave Travis one last chance to take her to Cancun with her and get back together, and he refused. So she enticed him with one last romp for the road, and he still refused. Then she feigned acceptance, but asked to take pics of him in the shower for her memory, and he agreed.

But he didn't know that she really didn't accept his rejection, and came prepared to do him in.

That's my best guess of why the pics were taken.

I also think that she chose the poses - and they really match the shower scenes from Psycho, so if she had the knife with her, then she probably claimed it was all part of the scenario to get the photos right. Which, IMHO, would also explain why she had the knife handy - if he didn't realize she had another purpose for it in mind.

My theory is he made a clear connection to the time that ALV started spending with Jodi and the new and improved self-defense story, and how much she coached Jodi - after all, she said she "trains" expert witnesses on how to testify. She trained Jodi as well I believe.

I like his comment yesterday that she should be upset about what he brought up, it shows that it was clearly unethical whatever it was.

jojo, I missed most of yesterday.....would you mind posting what was the circumstances surrounding this?? What was going on? Was this in response to another statement? TIA

Good morning!
I hope today is good for all of you and that JM gets to start today.

ALV is not worth any more of our thoughts. I think everyone is on to her.

Have a wonderful day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member