trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know nuthin about nuthing, but could Demarte have been chosen to evaluate Jodi because she seems close to her age? Jodi might feel more comfortable, like she could snow the 'newbie' more easily as opposed to the 'Mother figure' in ALV (also remembering Jodi's dislike for her own Mother)? JTOL

I thought the age similarity really illustrated the fact that Dr. D said Jodi was immature, had immature reactions, etc. & we can look at the stark difference between the two women. One is a success, one used her intelligence to do something with her life--and the other flushed her's and Travis' lives down the toilet.

It can't be lost on Jodi.

Dr Drew's cohost (not sure of the cohost's name!) thinks the witness, Dr. Demarte, was fidgety, had dry mouth and had stage fright and it was "hard to watch".... I doubt this bimbo even watched the entire trial today! I really cannot see what she sees.
This witness was confident if not, at times, bordering on cocky, she is just very smooth and not LOUD about it!
HLN, FFS!!!
Moo!

I gotta say......to my eyes and ears, the witness is more prepared that Wilmott. moo

I've said before and I'll say it again. JW does not have the ability to think (fast or otherwise) on her feet - she needs to craft her cross-examination in order to make sense. That is why the little that we saw today was such a mess - she got caught short and it showed.

In the dog show world, those are called "puppy *****es". Not calling anyone
names here AT ALL. Just thought it was an interesting fact some of you might like to know.

LOL I know! When I had my golden (RIP) and was around her breeder or any breeder, they use the b-word like it's no big deal. It means "female dog" and is just a word, with no human connotation to it. You hear them say it ALL the time! But I could never get used to it and refused to use that word so would refer to my female as "my girl." They'd just roll their eyes at me.

Been reading about a lot of anger with JA ignoring this witness and writing things down and just in her own little world. Why is this a problem? Why is it considered rude?

As long as JA is sits quietly and does not disrupt the proceedings (which is all that is required of a defendant in a courtroom) it doesn't matter whether she pays attention or not. The trial can proceed just fine even if she never makes eye contact with anyone! She's not creating a disturbance, she's not talking out loud and so what if she's sitting there writing away and not looking up. That's not an issue and shouldn't be an issue to anyone.

As long as the trial is moving forward that's the most important factor.

It would be nice if she feigned even a little interest in where she'll be spending the rest of her life ... or if she'll have a life to even consider.

Dr Drew's cohost thinks the witness was fidgety, had dry mouth and had stage fright and it was "hard to watch".... I doubt this bimbo even watched the entire trial today!
This witness was confident if not, at times, bordering on cocky, she is just very smooth and not LOUD about it!
HLN, FFS!!!
Moo!

I think the witness made Dr Drew's co-host feel a little inadequate so she's bringing the snark to level her ...

I wished Dr. D had differentiated more the difference between an evaluator v. therapist, because JW scored a few points imo when DD answered that she didn't feel compassion for the abused children since she was there to evaluate them. At least that's what I think she said, though I hope I'm wrong.

Actually, she said the opposite. She said that she didn't feel compassion right out of the chute. But she admitted experiencing a level of compassion with some subjects, while still able to control it in order to limit bias.

I think JW scored a jury point or two with it.

The Defense is not being shut out, just overwhelmed.

It is obvious JW is attempting to discredit Dr. DeMarte as much as possible due to her age. As I said earlier, the problem the defense really has with this witness isn't her testimony, it is that she is the polar opposite of the defendant, and they are both in the same age group. One is an accomplished doctor, the other was an uneducated woman who used her body to get what she wanted from one man after the other and ultimately brutally murdered a man who did not see her as "marriage material".

MOO

Don't Forget "The Secret" or, as I called it "The Something" Travis knew and threaten to tell her Family and Friends. Now we know on re-buttal she went ballistic on him concerning "The Secret"!!! So part of her reason for his brutal slaughter was in whole or in part due to exposing "The Secret"

JMHO

Just got back and am viewing again on hln, WHY is Jodi now paying so much attention?

Looks bad...very bad for her. She's got that chin up.

This made me laugh...Since people don't view this as their religion, I don't think it should be offensive. Honestly, I never heard about it until this case.

[video=youtube;mBB1OU5S1NM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBB1OU5S1NM[/video]

I wished Dr. D had differentiated more the difference between an evaluator v. therapist, because JW scored a few points imo when DD answered that she didn't feel compassion for the abused children since she was there to evaluate them. At least that's what I think she said, though I hope I'm wrong.

I hear what you say Deb. Medical/psych evals are supposed to be done objectively. There is no problem with being empathetic, but a major problem with being sympathetic. Empathetic allows you to understand how the subject "feels", where sympathetic means you feel the same emotion as the subject. Sympathetic is not therapeutic for the patient.

Wilmott, it's not about the length of the resume, it's about the quality of the work. You will not shake DeMarte's credibility

Dr Drew's cohost (not sure of the cohost's name!) thinks the witness, Dr. Demarte, was fidgety, had dry mouth and had stage fright and it was "hard to watch".... I doubt this bimbo even watched the entire trial today! I really cannot see what she sees.
HLN, FFS!!!
Moo!

I swear they hire these people to come onto the shows purely for dramatic effect.

P.S. I think JVM and Lauren Lake should be on one show together so they can yell, screech and lunge at each other and leave the rest of us out of it.

(I think you mean JW's cross.) :) Great post!! I think that JW tries to either mock Juan or at least tries to turn the tables on him by imitating his style & she falls woefully short. I enjoy watching Juan in action--he seems to be able to visualize several layers of information & use that to keep the witness off guard. He's a master.

Corrected, thanks for the understanding and compliment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18