trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #148

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So JW will take longer to complete cross than the actual direct testimony? What a joke.

Also, Wilmott, IMO, just looks like a teenager having a temper tantrum when she's trying to trip up Demarte on her CV. She needs to work on her grilling technique if she wants it to be effective. Instead she looks ill-prepared and snarky, not knowledgable and well-versed in what she's talking about.

That's how it should be. However, some of the more pointless questioning often appears to me to be fighting just to fight. I honestly can't believe we even spent time on the copyright questioning. Showing it to Juan to discuss the meaning of the test would NOT be a copyright violation. To act as if it were, while placing it on the overheard, struck me as fighting just to fight. But, who knows, maybe I missed the higher purpose in that questioning?

I love your posts!

I've just thought of another reason JA isn't looking up much without her glasses - her eyesight is so 'bad' without glasses she doesn't want the jury to think she can see anything. The fog is thick!

Without going into my background of copyright Law...

There was NO copyright violation. The test they are holding has to be purchased by the distributor or authorized vendor. You may not then copy it in your office 200 times so you don't have to buy it again (often times theses tests come in packs of 15 or 20 for $250) things like that?

You purchase them for patients. I will ASSUME Dr Samuels purchased the test to give Jodi. Dr Samuels is charged with the duty not to break the law with THIS particular test. He administered it, so he must obtain it legally.

All Dr Demarte was hired to do was REVIEW the test Dr. Samuels gave Jodi. What Dr Samuels chose to do is give Dr. Demarte the Test Answers, and not the Questions!

Dr. Demarte had ever legal right to simply ask anyone on earth if she might see the questions that correspond with the answers she is reviewing. I would guarantee you if she even called the company that sells it, they would NOT charge her and probably would e-mail them to her.

She is not Giving the test to a patient! She is reviewing a legally purchased test already given. She simply asked an associate to borrow the questions.

In a criminal case she was well within her rights to then show the Prosecutor, even copy the test for use in a Criminal Trial. They are NOT distributing this test free to colleagues!

The only person that might have violated copyright law would be Dr Samuels if he has this test by making several illegal copies of it because he didn't buy them as you are supposed to in packs from the company.

And he very well may have. But the Witness and Prosecutor sure did nothing wrong!

Wheeww!!! Thx... I hope JM explains this just like you :) I didn't know if it mattered that it was a 'typed' sheet with those questions, and not the actual one from the company.

Jodi just flat out refuses to look at DeMarte. Why? She keeps her gaze focused on Wilmott, and won't even glance at DeMarte.

She has deep loathing for DeMarte... why?

Imo - I see fear more than loathing from Jodi. Dr D is, possibly, the first person that was unimpressed with JA's stories and lies. It could be that JA is totally intimated by this impressive young witness. I think Jodi knows that DD knows the real Jodi and is exposing her to the world for what she is.

This is the first I've seen Jodi look as she does now. Seems the life is draining right out of her as she is exposed by Dr DeMarte. All MOO.

Okay ... they just showed a glimpse of the gallery ...

Now, I did not see Donovan in the first row where she usually sits -- by JA's mother ...

Has anyone else seen her today ?

Hmmm ...

:moo:

Odd Parents, Fairly Odd Parents....I wish I was Timmy today, I'd have my fairy God Mother turn me into a fly so I could fly up and land on the bench at the JA trial, I would love to hear one of the sidebars.

BUT, my luck would be that my Fairy God Mother would put me on the bench in the wrong courtroom, Judge Judy's courtroom....Judy has a fly swatter! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member