trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes no sense. Shoot him in the head after having it nearly cut off? Leave behind incriminating evidence that she had a 25 auto that could be linked to the burglary on May 28th?

The only benefit of Dr. Horn being recalled is for him to challenge Jodi's testimony that Travis would be screaming obscenities at her after immediately having his brain hit with a bullet. And also challenge her claim that Travis would be a threat to her in that condition.

Defense put up no expert to dispute the order. It's a non issue. IMO. Jodi's word verses Dr Horn. That's the evidence in front of the jury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mornin sleuthers, I can't believe Jodi got another so called migraine. I think it was so JW can spend some more time learning how to cross a witness though I think Jodi gets a lot of pleasure knowing every wasted hour causes Travis' family stress.:furious:

I saw some posters say after listening to Dr.D that they felt a bit sad for Jodi. I don't at all, she preys on people who have compassion and if you begin to feel any compassion just remember how manipulative she is.

That's why she's so sure "no jury would ever convict her" mix a reasonably high IQ, BPD, narcissism and pure evil and you have Jodi.:abnormal:

O/T I was really excited to have today start until it did at 4am and after eight inches of rain over night, I now have three inches in my lower level consisting of a family room and DD's bedroom:tears::tears::tears::tears:

I'm in the Chicago suburbs, anyone else having the same type of day. If so :therethere:, Right here with ya.

Northside of Chicago here. It is not in my basement yet but my backyard is a pond. We got several inches i. Our basement a few years ago (2007?).

Hugs!!!

I made my DH watch the exchange between JW & DrD regarding Lenore Walker & he said it was his impression that JW isn't that bright & she was trying to be like Juan Martinez, but she didn't understand the subject matter well enough to pull it off. She's not a great lawyer & she was out of her depth.

Plus a male attorney can be assertive in the courtroom and people just accept it, whereas if a female attorney is assertive it comes off as her being witchy. JW needs to drop the aggressive approach as she is drawing attention to the fact that this line of questioning is not gaining her client any points. DD shows her expertise by correcting JW to prove whoever is advising JW is not up-to-date on their information. My guess is JW was schooled by either Dr. Samuels or ALV, neither of which measures up to DD. Maybe today JW will go back to just regular questioning. JW did not fair too well with Dr. Horn on her cross and obviously did not learn from that.

So I just listened to the clip where JW calls Dr Demarte a *****.

I hear it. I listened on 3 different videos to make sure. It really sounds like she is saying that.

What I don't understand is that s he is miked. She knows she is miked.. Seems like an amateur mistake for someone who really is an established attorney. She is not dumb, she is doing her best to save Jodi's life. I just don't see her being this careless. I hope it was something else and just sounds that way. But if we heard the jury heard it too ;)

I think I read somewhere that she said "You betcha." Someone had some professional audio equipment and was able to find that out.

Remember the frustrated messaging, when Travis said JA was the worts thing that had ever happened to him? He spoke of her complaining, crying, and manipulating..and this is confirming t for the jury.

The DT entered it to show how 'mean' Travis was..instead we see through JAs own actions in the courtroom that he was only speaking the truth.

(right about now the judge and jury might say the same thing..)

Jodi pulls too many "sicks" with the jury's day being wasted yet again, they'll start to feel like Travis did. Imho, it is already happening, the DT is not helping Jodi either with their nit-picking, leaving witnesses on the stand too long and endless mistrial motions.

Mornin sleuthers, I can't believe Jodi got another so called migraine. I think it was so JW can spend some more time learning how to cross a witness though I think Jodi gets a lot of pleasure knowing every wasted hour causes Travis' family stress.:furious:

I saw some posters say after listening to Dr.D that they felt a bit sad for Jodi. I don't at all, she preys on people who have compassion and if you begin to feel any compassion just remember how manipulative she is.

That's why she's so sure "no jury would ever convict her" mix a reasonably high IQ, BPD, narcissism and pure evil and you have Jodi.:abnormal:

O/T I was really excited to have today start until it did at 4am and after eight inches of rain over night, I now have three inches in my lower level consisting of a family room and DD's bedroom:tears::tears::tears::tears:

I'm in the Chicago suburbs, anyone else having the same type of day. If so :therethere:, Right here with ya.

I saw the flooding you're getting. I'm sending prayers from my wet city in Iowa. We need justice for Travis and God to make the sun come out and dry it all away.:please:

Got the biggest kick out of hearing Leanore Walker on NG last night.

Gooooooood morning!! Time to play catch-up to see what I missed when I was sleeping!

Plus a male attorney can be assertive in the courtroom and people just accept it, whereas if a female attorney is assertive it comes off as her being witchy. JW needs to drop the aggressive approach as she is drawing attention to the fact that this line of questioning is not gaining her client any points. DD shows her expertise by correcting JW to prove whoever is advising JW is not up-to-date on their information. My guess is JW was schooled by either Dr. Samuels or ALV, neither of which measures up to DD. Maybe today JW will go back to just regular questioning. JW did not fair too well with Dr. Horn on her cross and obviously did not learn from that.
I see assertive and witchy as two very different things. Both men and women can be assertive. Both men and women can be witchy, or maybe wizardy!

There's a hearing listed for the docket today.

4/18/2013 005 - ME: Hearing - Party (001) 4/18/2013

Could they discuss previous motions in these?

NOTE: DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO COMPEL; JOURNALS SEIZED FROM MS. ARIAS’ JAIL CELL ON OR ABOUT APRIL 1, 2013
4/9/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 4/9/2013
4/7/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/8/2013
NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE; ANY AND ALL EVIDENCE RELATED ANY WEIGHT ASSESSMENTS OR TESTING ON SHELVING AT PLACE OF DEATH

ps. I'm a JM fan too *struts new avatar* but I don't think we should be talking about his personal life.

just jumping off your post bbm: yes folks please cease with discussing JM's personal life. Thanks folks.

Don't you think JW is digging a hole and losing the jurors that might have sided with the DT? There are so many horrific events occuring, and they are surely wanting to be home with their families. Any respect I had for JW went down the drain with this 'Juan-wannabe' tactic. She comes across as a spoiled, temper-tantrum-throwing mean teenager, although she is looking every bit her true age. I can almost imagine her and Jodi doing the 'Judge, may we approach' stomp and yelling 'oh, no she didn't!'after court closes

Don't they have advisors to counsel her in her mannerisms and tactics, as well to advise her to move along?

my problem with her all along has been this meticulous, unnecessary detail she goes into about irrelevant things. she's determined to shoot holes in this woman's opinions, and in her education and experience. she's failed. all it's done is make her look stupid herself, and really unprepared. it's not hard to understand the educational path of a psychologist, but she doesn't even seem to get that part.
she also twists words, and she does it in such an obvious way, and is called out for it repeatedly by the witness, she looks even worse.

but the WORST thing about her is that even when she's not getting anywhere with a witness----especially with this one who's being honest and straightforward---she just keeps at it and won't let it go.

i would think the jury at this point is bored and frustrated. if JW has ANY real points to make, she should make them and sit down. i think she's done a terrible job with this witness, she's scored no points in discrediting or impeaching her knowledge and credibility, and she's pissed off an already pissed off, tired jury.

Hi snoopy. You have to be tough skinned to post on this forum. You will be attacked. Everyone has an opinion. :seeya:

I'm tough skinned, it doesn't phase me.

I was just curious if anyone knew of there was any truth to that... that's it.

I fully understand the right of an accused to be able to confront their witnesses, and that this of necessity requires that they be in good health and not suffering from a migraine.

That being said, I can't help but fantasize about JM having an opportunity to cross-examine Jodi Arias (which he won't, but it is a lovely fantasy) and say, "Now Miss Arias, can you describe the pain you're having that requires us to derail this entire trial? Would you describe it as a sharp pain, like a vicious killer stabbing you in the head with a wide kitchen knife while you make your way across your bathroom? Or is it more of a throbbing, blinding pain, like someone shooting you in the face with a low-caliber handgun while you are wounded and helpless?"

Willmott's professional vocabulary has alot be desired.

You Betcha
Just a sec
Judge

She should be ashamed at her behavior and conduct...which is extremely unbecoming of any attorney, especially one who is DP-qualified.

Even worse she teaches law students Trial Preparation. :what: Can you imagine the lectures?
Maybe she'll get a chance to see herself on youtube and make amends for the next client or crop of lawyers.

Don't you think JW is digging a hole and losing the jurors that might have sided with the DT? There are so many horrific events occuring, and they are surely wanting to be home with their families. Any respect I had for JW went down the drain with this 'Juan-wannabe' tactic. She comes across as a spoiled, temper-tantrum-throwing mean teenager, although she is looking every bit her true age. I can almost imagine her and Jodi doing the 'Judge, may we approach' stomp and yelling 'oh, no she didn't!'after court closes

Don't they have advisors to counsel her in her mannerisms and tactics, as well to advise her to move along?

BBM:

On her website Willmott advertises herself as one who trains other trial lawyers in such matters...believe it or not.

Makes no sense. Shoot him in the head after having it nearly cut off? Leave behind incriminating evidence that she had a 25 auto that could be linked to the burglary on May 28th?

The only benefit of Dr. Horn being recalled is for him to challenge Jodi's testimony that Travis would be screaming obscenities at her after immediately having his brain hit with a bullet. And also challenge her claim that Travis would be a threat to her in that condition.

What makes no sense is that anyone would doubt the ME's testimony that the bullet to the head did not bleed. This means that Travis was out of blood--meaning that he was stabbed and bled out before the shot happened.

He would have no defensive wounds if he was shot in the head--the ME was crystal clear that the bullet HAD TO HIT HIS BRAIN due to the trajectory and position in the brain--right forehead to left cheekbone. Through the brain. Travis would not be able to defend himself and could not have gotten all the way down the hall to the threshold of his bedroom with that injury.

That's ok, she won't feel a thing when the needle goes in. If it ever happens.

AZ should vote on replacing lethal injection with the electric chair or hanging, IMO. Injection is the easy way out.

I would bet the fear instilled in someone being strapped to the chair or a noose put around the neck, and the associated anticipation of what is next, would be very satisfying to the Alexander family. Although, they do say that hanging is one of the quicker methods...so let's just go with the chair!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela