trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus a male attorney can be assertive in the courtroom and people just accept it, whereas if a female attorney is assertive it comes off as her being witchy. JW needs to drop the aggressive approach as she is drawing attention to the fact that this line of questioning is not gaining her client any points. DD shows her expertise by correcting JW to prove whoever is advising JW is not up-to-date on their information. My guess is JW was schooled by either Dr. Samuels or ALV, neither of which measures up to DD. Maybe today JW will go back to just regular questioning. JW did not fair too well with Dr. Horn on her cross and obviously did not learn from that.

Attorneys have a saying and I'm told it is something they learn very early on. "Don't ask a question you don't know the answer to." Somehow JW hasn't been informed about that. It is just so embarassing to watch her.

Makes no sense. Shoot him in the head after having it nearly cut off? Leave behind incriminating evidence that she had a 25 auto that could be linked to the burglary on May 28th?

The only benefit of Dr. Horn being recalled is for him to challenge Jodi's testimony that Travis would be screaming obscenities at her after immediately having his brain hit with a bullet. And also challenge her claim that Travis would be a threat to her in that condition.

So we can agree to disagree, without starting the whole issue of which came first, the bullet or the knife? Would you agree the slaughter was overkill? Is it supposed to make sense? So does it matter if the facts are that she stabbed him 29 times, slit his throat and then shot him? I mean, the girl is clearly bonkers and I believe she was enjoying herself immensely. So as long as he was dead she wasn't worried and in her mind, she is so smart, she wasn't going to get caught stealing the gun or using it. Oh, and don't you know she isn't going to get convicted? You can mark her words on that!

Mornin sleuthers, I can't believe Jodi got another so called migraine. I think it was so JW can spend some more time learning how to cross a witness though I think Jodi gets a lot of pleasure knowing every wasted hour causes Travis' family stress.:furious:

I saw some posters say after listening to Dr.D that they felt a bit sad for Jodi. I don't at all, she preys on people who have compassion and if you begin to feel any compassion just remember how manipulative she is.

That's why she's so sure "no jury would ever convict her" mix a reasonably high IQ, BPD, narcissism and pure evil and you have Jodi.:abnormal:

O/T I was really excited to have today start until it did at 4am and after eight inches of rain over night, I now have three inches in my lower level consisting of a family room and DD's bedroom:tears::tears::tears::tears:

I'm in the Chicago suburbs, anyone else having the same type of day. If so :therethere:, Right here with ya.

Sending prayers your way!! I'm a couple hours north of you in Madison. The rain won't quit and I'm sooo sick of it!

I hope JM saw that too. It would be great if he called LW as a rebuttal witness.

On the lawyer thread someone asked about that, and the answer was that LW couldn't be called. Instead, DrD could talk to LW, and JM could ask DrD if she talked to LW and what she told her.

It's so great to see that JD can be snarky in such a controlled way.

I fully understand the right of an accused to be able to confront their witnesses, and that this of necessity requires that they be in good health and not suffering from a migraine.

That being said, I can't help but fantasize about JM having an opportunity to cross-examine Jodi Arias (which he won't, but it is a lovely fantasy) and say, "Now Miss Arias, can you describe the pain you're having that requires us to derail this entire trial? Would you describe it as a sharp pain, like a vicious killer stabbing you in the head with a wide kitchen knife while you make your way across your bathroom? Or is it more of a throbbing, blinding pain, like someone shooting you in the face with a low-caliber handgun while you are wounded and helpless?"

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I suspect ALV told her that. JW was fishing all day yesterday for DrD to drop ALV's name or theories as something she resourced. "Have you read any books on DV?" Have you, have you, well have you. :facepalm:

That's gotta hurt ALV says that AW isn't using her 6 criteria for DV, and AW
gets all up in ALV's business and says yes she is. Ha,Ha ALV has shot off one hand and one foot, Ready to give the other foot a go Allyce?

But, she also said she doesn't fit Battered Women's Syndrome. That is the point. She and TA had a dysfunctional relationship, and I am quite sure that they had serious issues together. But a battered woman does not run to her abuser. They are looking for escape. It doesn't come easy and when it does you leave. JA lived in another state from TA, she chose to move to Mesa. She ran to her abuser. If they lived in the same town I could see the come and go as being part of an abusive relationship. But, IMHO, I have never heard, met or seen a situation where a person who was able to get away from an abusive relationship moves to where the batterer lived. According to testimony JA and TA officially broke up, 2 months later she is moving to AZ.

She had a long time, was living with family, had her friends, a job etc. While her situation was NOT ideal, she did have the advantage of not going anywhere if she chose not to.

I think that LW could speak to that portion for sure. I can concede the point about lying about the abuse. But, so far we have seen several inconsistencies that point to the fact JA is a liar from way back. It didn't start with TA.

IMHO, I don't think LW would be a great witness, but she could speak to the Syndrome and how JA does NOT fall in the category. And isn't that what the PTSD is based on? The continuous abuse? Just my thoughts.

K

Jodi's defense team has never alleged "battered woman syndrome", as that is a defense used at trials where a woman alleges that the only way to escape her abuser was to premeditate his murder. The defense strategy for Jodi is pure self-defense. I see no use for Lenore Walker's testimony.

JD said the abuse in their relationship was not significant.

So we can agree to disagree, without starting the whole issue of which came first, the bullet or the knife? Would you agree the slaughter was overkill? Is it supposed to make sense? So does it matter if the facts are that she stabbed him 29 times, slit his throat and then shot him? I mean, the girl is clearly bonkers and I believe she was enjoying herself immensely. So as long as he was dead she wasn't worried and in her mind, she is so smart, she wasn't going to get caught stealing the gun or using it. Oh, and don't you know she isn't going to get convicted? You can mark her words on that!

:rocker:

BBM:

On her website Willmott advertises herself as one who trains other trial lawyers in such matters...believe it or not.

Analogous to ALV being a keynote...ah...breakout group...ah...keynote, breakout group...ah...keynote, breakout group, side gathering collection...ah...speaker at a seminar on DV.

On the lawyer thread someone asked about that, and the answer was that LW couldn't be called. Instead, DrD could talk to LW, and JM could ask DrD if she talked to LW and what she told her.

And I can imagine if that happened JW would jump up and say "objection...heresay".

Glorious Good Morrow, Sleuthers!

Say chaps, I've been thinking about our dear Dr. D, and I've finally discovered what it is about her that seems so familiar to me. She truly does resemble a big cat, like a puma or leopard, and she was looking at JW like, "Hello, lunch!" I mean, JW kept trying to rattle her with absolutely inane minutiae (the copyright questions will go down in the history of jurisprudence as a singularly horrible example of an attempt to impeach a witness), but Dr. D kept giving her this rather fixed predatory gaze as if to say, "you'd be good with barbecue sauce."

I rather expect her to show up this morning wearing a smartly coordinated lobster bib.

AZ should vote on replacing lethal injection with the electric chair or hanging, IMO. Injection is the easy way out.

I would bet the fear instilled in someone being strapped to the chair or a noose put around the neck, and the associated anticipation of what is next, would be very satisfying to the Alexander family. Although, they do say that hanging is one of the quicker methods...so let's just go with the chair!

AZ abolished hanging in the 1930s when the female hangee's head literally popped off and fell at the feet of the horrified spectators. That's the last time a female on death row in AZ was dispatched.

Any respect I had for JW went down the drain with this 'Juan-wannabe' tactic. She comes across as a spoiled, temper-tantrum-throwing mean teenager...

Don't they have advisors to counsel her in her mannerisms and tactics, as well to advise her to move along?

I felt a little better about this just now when I saw Dr. D. looking at JW with what looked like amusement. It was the segment when JW was saying, about the PDS test, "She meets A, B, C" or whatever. Dr. D has realized that this is an uneven battle, and she has nothing to worry about from JW except, as you mention, a serious waste of time.

What makes no sense is that anyone would doubt the ME's testimony that the bullet to the head did not bleed. This means that Travis was out of blood--meaning that he was stabbed and bled out before the shot happened.

He would have no defensive wounds if he was shot in the head--the ME was crystal clear that the bullet HAD TO HIT HIS BRAIN due to the trajectory and position in the brain--right forehead to left cheekbone. Through the brain. Travis would not be able to defend himself and could not have gotten all the way down the hall to the threshold of his bedroom with that injury.

I've never quite understood laypeople thinking they know more or better than a medical examiner. :waitasec:

The part where JW was drilling JD on her experience, reading journals VS articles was just as pitiful as can be.

My day will be perfect if I hear or see that JW's gross misinformation about LW is revealed in open court, in front of the jury. I just want to see that error out in the light of day. Apparently ALV and RS aren't the only ones who do some sloppy work.

AZ abolished hanging in the 1930s when the female hangee's head literally popped off and fell at the feet of the horrified spectators. That's the last time a female on death row in AZ was dispatched.

Why did that make me laugh really hard? Something is seriously wrong with me.

And I can imagine if that happened JW would jump up and say "objection...heresay".

Yes.

But, she can confirm by entering in evidence i.e. the book that shows it is still in use?

Honestly, I am confused by this testimony. Its in the book but not used as criteria anymore? Or its not in the book but still used as criteria.

K

I hope JM saw that too. It would be great if he called LW as a rebuttal witness.

which would mean the DT would have to depose her and she has nothing to add here except about her 6 criterion. she's never seen JA, and couldn't express an opinion about anything except that one issue. i would think if the DT wanted to go all out with DV, THEY could have called LW.

but why should the state waste the time on an issue the jury has indicated by their questions they don't believe? the DV claim isn't flying, and going to all that trouble just to establish JW made a BIG mistake in her cross of DDM seems unnecessary to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela