trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, she also said she doesn't fit Battered Women's Syndrome. That is the point. She and TA had a dysfunctional relationship, and I am quite sure that they had serious issues together. But a battered woman does not run to her abuser. They are looking for escape. It doesn't come easy and when it does you leave. JA lived in another state from TA, she chose to move to Mesa. She ran to her abuser. If they lived in the same town I could see the come and go as being part of an abusive relationship. But, IMHO, I have never heard, met or seen a situation where a person who was able to get away from an abusive relationship moves to where the batterer lived. According to testimony JA and TA officially broke up, 2 months later she is moving to AZ.

She had a long time, was living with family, had her friends, a job etc. While her situation was NOT ideal, she did have the advantage of not going anywhere if she chose not to.

I think that LW could speak to that portion for sure. I can concede the point about lying about the abuse. But, so far we have seen several inconsistencies that point to the fact JA is a liar from way back. It didn't start with TA.

IMHO, I don't think LW would be a great witness, but she could speak to the Syndrome and how JA does NOT fall in the category. And isn't that what the PTSD is based on? The continuous abuse? Just my thoughts.

K

The thing is battered women do run to their abuser. They hide the abuse and lie. The thing is that Jodi's battered woman defense came AFTER she lied.
She was not there.
Two ninja's did it.
When caught, She was battered.

If she was really a battered woman she would have killed him and called the police. Even if she fled she would not have organized her gas receipts and gotten gas cans and premeditated the killing. My guess is the shot came after she started stabbing him and he rose to protect himself and she shot him to subdue him and then continued the attack. It explains the casing in the bathroom also.. He was struggling and dying, trying to get out of the bathroom, he crawls down the hall she slits his throat and then drags him back into the shower and cleans up...

I know people who have been battered. To me her whole defense is offensive. She was not battered.

The only plausible reason for the headshot coming afterwards is to throw off investigators, to make it look like two attackers were involved. That's all I can think of. That could be why she came up with two intruders as opposed to one.

I always thought the gun shot was a "and take that to you SOB".

The part where JW was drilling JD on her experience, reading journals VS articles was just as pitiful as can be.

Especially after Samuels went through a Time mag article with the jury as his authoritative reference.

That is what I hear. I can see JW using that phrase. or maybe "Gotcha" or a sneeze. I don't hear any cussing.

I'll let the interpretation of that episode up to JSS, if it even is an episode or utterance to be questioned.....

Now when I hear, "The defendant is Guilty of First Degree Murder. We GOTCHA! You BETCHA!", then I'll pay more attention to it. :floorlaugh:

I said way back that I actually think these questions wlil NOT be snarky but will allow DD to further explain her findings. I think they will have serious questions re JA's diagnosis.

Did anyone from the courtroom say there were juror questions in the box? I missed it. TIA

Anyone want to take a wild quests at what Nurmi will call a mistrial on today?
I will go with " our DT does not do their homework, and is getting boomeranged at ever turn by the witness, your honor its just not fair."

Or " our defendant doesn't like being here, it's giving her headaches and anxiety"

There's a hearing listed for the docket today.

4/18/2013 005 - ME: Hearing - Party (001) 4/18/2013

Could they discuss previous motions in these?

NOTE: DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO COMPEL; JOURNALS SEIZED FROM MS. ARIAS’ JAIL CELL ON OR ABOUT APRIL 1, 2013
4/9/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 4/9/2013
4/7/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/8/2013
NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE; ANY AND ALL EVIDENCE RELATED ANY WEIGHT ASSESSMENTS OR TESTING ON SHELVING AT PLACE OF DEATH

ps. I'm a JM fan too *struts new avatar* but I don't think we should be talking about his personal life.

Did the Judge tell the jury to be there at 9:30 today?

I'm am wondering if they will do this in the afternoon? Or be late starting as usual.

Jodi's defense team has never alleged "battered woman syndrome", as that is a defense used at trials where a woman alleges that the only way to escape her abuser was to premeditate his murder. The defense strategy for Jodi is pure self-defense. I see no use for Lenore Walker's testimony.

JD said the abuse in their relationship was not significant.

The defense HAS been eliciting testimony about BWS. It's part of their self defense argument that Jodi killed Travis so brutally because she was justified in her fear of him from past abuse. That's the whole reason ALV was put on the stand. All she talked about was domestic violence.

Jodi's defense team has never alleged "battered woman syndrome", as that is a defense used at trials where a woman alleges that the only way to escape her abuser was to premeditate his murder. The defense strategy for Jodi is pure self-defense. I see no use for Lenore Walker's testimony.

JD said the abuse in their relationship was not significant.

The defense is using Jodi's battering and PTSD from either the prior abuse or her shooting him as an excuse for her FOUR hour fog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only plausible reason for the headshot coming afterwards is to throw off investigators, to make it look like two attackers were involved. That's all I can think of. That could be why she came up with two intruders as opposed to one.

IMHO another plausible reason is that after all that JA had done, all the stabs and the cut throat, TA was still making noises and she did NOT want to get caught.

But then again, I am on the shot is last train. I can see points for both sides of the issue.

I do believe the ME's testimony as I am a lay person and do feel like he shoud/does know what he is talking about.

If the DT was trying to prove the shot came first other than JA's testimony did they not have access to funds to get another expert to look at the reports and autoposy and get a different opinion that mirror's the defendants story?

If I missed some testimony by someone who did, please let me know. I watch and read as I can so I do miss things from time to time.

K

The defense is using Jodi's battering and PTSD from either the prior abuse or her shooting him as an excuse for her FOUR hour fog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make that her FOUR hour FAKE fog.

I really hope we get to some jury questions today. JW shouldn't be able to take 3 times as long to cross, as JM took with DD. It sounds like there have been a lot less jury questions, which could be a good thing considering the tone of the questions when they were past 100 for DT witnesses. I just find their questions so fascinating, to see how they are interpreting things without media influence and knowing facts not aloud in the trial.

We are going to find out TONS of info from the jury questions to this particular witness. It's going to be fascinating too watch.

Did the Judge tell the jury to be there at 9:30 today?

I'm am wondering if they will do this in the afternoon? Or be late starting as usual.

Yes she did. And OF COURSE we'll start late. I would faint if we didn't.

Last I heard/read, there is one question from the jury so far. Seems to me they aren't confused about much after hearing DDemarte. Works for me!

AZ abolished hanging in the 1930s when the female hangee's head literally popped off and fell at the feet of the horrified spectators. That's the last time a female on death row in AZ was dispatched.

This is what we call Gallows Humor :facepalm:

AZ abolished hanging in the 1930s when the female hangee's head literally popped off and fell at the feet of the horrified spectators. That's the last time a female on death row in AZ was dispatched.

...and the problem with that was?

Here's my issue - if you are a spectator at a hanging, what the hell do you think is gonna happen? Even if things went as planned, wouldn't the average person be horrified anyway? Sounds like the person was too heavy, the drop too long or combination thereof. With technology these days, surely there could be state of the art gallows constructed for Arias. Maybe a way to bring it back as a kick off/groundbreaking ceremony...:rocker:

Anyone want to take a wild quests at what Nurmi will call a mistrial on today?
I will go with " our DT does not do their homework, and is getting boomeranged at ever turn by the witness, your honor its just not fair."

Or " our defendant doesn't like being here, it's giving her headaches and anxiety"

I think he may go with your second one, "Your Honor, I call for a mistrial because this is making Miss Arias sick."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member