trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi probably saw how being sick got juror number 11 off so she thought she would give it a try herself.

Cough, cough. Oh, I forgot Jodi only coughed once which was obviously forced. She did not have to add the cough, she did look sick enough with her glazed over eyes. I think she was on too many meds yesterday. She looked like a zombie.

I've never seen a case like it- take a day off, take an afternoon off, take the weekend off, make that a long weekend. This jury must be livid. :banghead:

I think it is just plain wrong.

The defense is using Jodi's battering and PTSD from either the prior abuse or her shooting him as an excuse for her FOUR hour fog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willmot will be crushed on the memory issues today.

She can't get around the fact that Jodi performed several high level functions immediately after the homicide. Removing the bloody knife from the bedroom and disposing of it, deleting at least two pictures from the camera after the murder, lifting his body back into the shower stall for cleaning, taking her grandpa's gun with her, etc. All actions argue against a fight or flight state of mind and of course the "fog" that would go along with it.

Willmut has no material to work with because her client is clearing lying about the fog and her expert DICK had no explanation for the cleanup behavior beyond saying, "it wasn't rational".

Ditto for the PTSD in which AVOIDANCE of triggers is a principal characteristic. Instead, we have tangible evidence of Jodi engaging in an extensive coverup after the murder, putting herself in numerous situations where she would be exposed to triggers. Dr DICK had no convincing explanation for that either. He had to invoke a far-fetched "soup opera" type of explanation, "she created an alternate universe", despite Jodi admitting on the stand that she knew Travis was dead, that she killed him, and that she was trying coverup her involvement in the crime.

Last I heard/read, there is one question from the jury so far. Seems to me they aren't confused about much after hearing DDemarte. Works for me!

It is nice to have had a witness the jury didn't have to call out for dumping copious amount of bull manure on them...

I think I read there was only one....:what: they don't find her testimony
incredulous!

I think there were more jurors questions in the bucket yesterday. KCL may have noted it in the INSIDE COURT thread, or I may have imagined it? Hell, I don't know. Make this insane trial HURRY UP!

My home State getting a shout out. Of course, they still have it on the books. No taxes, liquor available right off interstate, etc.

Live Free or Die!

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

That's right baby----Live Free or Die.:great:

The defense HAS been eliciting testimony about BWS. It's part of their self defense argument that Jodi killed Travis so brutally because she was justified in her fear of him from past abuse. That's the whole reason ALV was put on the stand. All she talked about was domestic violence.

When Jodi was on the stand Nurmi asked her a question and before she answered Juan made an objection and Nurmi said"it goes to battered women's defense" ,and I thought wtf she's claiming self defense .

It was the about the same time when Jodi answered another question and he said "good" and I expected him to give her a cookie.

Cough, cough. Oh, I forgot Jodi only coughed once which was obviously forced. She did not have to add the cough, she did look sick enough with her glazed over eyes. I think she was on too many meds yesterday. She looked like a zombie.

Katie was on Dr Drew last night, said JA looked fine, she was busy coloring in her coloring book all day, not something someone with an intense headache does. The green shirt made her look pale, but she definitely was not sick, as they observed her. She was smirking when they closed court for the day..

Willmot will be crushed on the memory issues today.

She can't get around the fact that Jodi performed several high level functions immediately after the homicide. Removing the bloody knife from the bedroom and disposing of it, deleting at least two pictures from the camera after the murder, lifting his body back into the shower stall for cleaning, taking her grandpa's gun with her, etc. All actions argue against a fight or flight state of mind and of course the "fog" that would go along with it.

Willmut has no material to work with because her client is clearing lying about the fog and her expert DICK had no explanation for the cleanup behavior beyond saying, "it wasn't rational".

Ditto for the PTSD in which AVOIDANCE of triggers is a principal characteristic. Instead, we have tangible evidence of Jodi engaging in an extensive coverup after the murder, putting herself in numerous situations where she would be exposed to triggers. Dr DICK had no convincing explanation for that either. He had to invoke a far-fetched "soup opera" type of explanation, "she created an alternate universe", despite Jodi admitting on the stand that she knew Travis was dead, that she killed him, and that she was trying coverup her involvement in the crime.

Jodi is the poster child for the fifth amendment ... The right to remain silent.

:seeya: Hola!! No more hump day for HO. :(

Two post removed, one dealing with the trial, one not. So glad the mods are on the ball. They are the best, and not appreciated enough. I love em!! :blowkiss:

The only plausible reason for the headshot coming afterwards is to throw off investigators, to make it look like two attackers were involved. That's all I can think of. That could be why she came up with two intruders as opposed to one.

Or because the person you thought you already finished off started to convulse and you used your back-up weapon to put them out of their misery. Remember JA 'loves, loves, loves animals' and saves flies from drinks or whatever her friend stated. After she cut her finger it probably really, really stung and grasping the trigger didn't hurt her as much as wielding the knife. Besides, where did she have left to cut to make him stop thrashing? The shot was her mercy kill IMO.

I don't know. I'm kind of glad I don't too.

It is nice to have had a witness the jury didn't have to call out for dumping copious amount of bull manure on them...

Juror questions.. what kind of shampoo do you use? Where did you get those shoes?

Rofl

I think Lenore Walker misunderstood what Nancy was asking last night. When Nancy asked about Jodi lying about the abuse, Nancy meant that it never happened and that Travis never abused her. I think Dr. Walker meant that Jodi had been lying when Travis was alive and said that Travis never abused her. We've heard of women who deny the abuse and say they ran into the door, fell down the steps, etc. I don't think Dr. Walker would say that a woman who was never abused could be classified as a battered woman.

Rewatching yesterday's testimony by DR D. I get the impression that JW is cherry picking the tests. There's no doubt in my mind that DR D is thorough. She administered several tests to insure the validity of her results. You can tell that JW is deliberately excluding those tests where JA scored high in the abnormal personality range.

On the other hand this would be a really quick, sort of low hanging fruit witness. From what I've read there are still quite a few people who seem to find the gas cans for driving across the desert to be logical.

What's not logical is "needing" to have 3 gas cans. Here's where is crossing 'reasonable' to me. If it also proves she lied directly to the jury it's another nail...imo :jail:

I can't make heads or tails out of the gas can issue but JM proving that she did indeed have three just shows she is lying for some reason and that reason must be to hide something-otherwise why lie about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3