trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie was on Dr Drew last night, said JA looked fine, she was busy coloring in her coloring book all day, not something someone with an intense headache does. The green shirt made her look pale, but she definitely was not sick, as they observed her. She was smirking when they closed court for the day..

I thought she looked odd but not sick. Maybe anxiety. I have anxiety issues and that's what I thought of when I really focused on her at the end of the day.

Please visit my website for information on my upcoming speaking schedule. True greatness of the soul is in loving God and in humility.

That's from ALV yesterday. Apparently the social media backlash hasn't affected her all that much. :floorlaugh:

Wow. Apparently true greatness of the soul is not in learning from one's mistakes.

Glorious Good Morrow, Sleuthers!

Say chaps, I've been thinking about our dear Dr. D, and I've finally discovered what it is about her that seems so familiar to me. She truly does resemble a big cat, like a puma or leopard, and she was looking at JW like, "Hello, lunch!" I mean, JW kept trying to rattle her with absolutely inane minutiae (the copyright questions will go down in the history of jurisprudence as a singularly horrible example of an attempt to impeach a witness), but Dr. D kept giving her this rather fixed predatory gaze as if to say, "you'd be good with barbecue sauce."

I rather expect her to show up this morning wearing a smartly coordinated lobster bib.

Perhaps Dr. DeMarte has a better method of cooking frogs rather than boiling them.

:floorlaugh:

I see a reticulated black panther looking at Ms. Wilmott...and after the time spent on cross, Ms. Wilmott hasn't laid a glove on her.

For those interested, here is a link (hope it's ok to post; if not, mods, please remove) to an article by Mary Ann Dutton, a researcher in the area of DV whom JW referred to yesterday during cross:
http://www.aaets.org/article138.htm
The article is called "Critique of 'Battered Woman Syndrome' Model"

Dutton seems to be saying that the BWS model that Lenore Walker has developed is limiting and this can cause difficulties in the legal world. I think she feels it should somehow be broadened so that it includes more women whose reactions to battering don't fall into Walker's current 6 criteria because for many reasons their reactions to battering are not typical. Just my impression.... and there is more to it.

Or because the person you thought you already finished off started to convulse and you used your back-up weapon to put them out of their misery. Remember JA 'loves, loves, loves animals' and saves flies from drinks or whatever her friend stated. After she cut her finger it probably really, really stung and grasping the trigger didn't hurt her as much as wielding the knife. Besides, where did she have left to cut to make him stop thrashing? The shot was her mercy kill IMO.

I don't know. I'm kind of glad I don't too.

:giggle:

You people are cracking me right up today!! Or maybe I'm losing my mind...

my problem with her all along has been this meticulous, unnecessary detail she goes into about irrelevant things. she's determined to shoot holes in this woman's opinions, and in her education and experience. she's failed. all it's done is make her look stupid herself, and really unprepared. it's not hard to understand the educational path of a psychologist, but she doesn't even seem to get that part.
she also twists words, and she does it in such an obvious way, and is called out for it repeatedly by the witness, she looks even worse.

but the WORST thing about her is that even when she's not getting anywhere with a witness----especially with this one who's being honest and straightforward---she just keeps at it and won't let it go.

i would think the jury at this point is bored and frustrated. if JW has ANY real points to make, she should make them and sit down. i think she's done a terrible job with this witness, she's scored no points in discrediting or impeaching her knowledge and credibility, and she's pissed off an already pissed off, tired jury.

ITA - We saw this over and over and over the past two days. "Oh, so now you're changing your story to 12-1/2 hours of interviews? Didn't you just tell us it was 12? Can't you get your story straight? Are you ripping off the taxpayers?" Meanwhile her experts can retire off the fortune they've made from the AZ taxpayers.

My day will be perfect if I hear or see that JW's gross misinformation about LW is revealed in open court, in front of the jury. I just want to see that error out in the light of day. Apparently ALV and RS aren't the only ones who do some sloppy work.

""""My day will be perfect if I hear or see that JW's gross misinformation about LW is revealed in open court, in front of the jury. """"""

Based on paste performance, past Rulings by this Judge, to hear her Not allow it in because she considers it "Too Prejudicial"

It dawned on me that all these too prejudicial can also be called Facts

Examples: the reason why court was dismissed early, tape recordings of JA, and JA's parents speaking with Det Flores, the fake letters/email sent to the Hughes guaranteed by Nurmi as 100% Confirmed Factual, found as forged, yet despite that still referenced by several, including ALV.....At the same time JA's journals, that she had at least 6-7 weeks to write Anything she wanted to, including her obvious desire for the Detectives to "find" them, since she made sure to mention them and where they could be found, a few times, the same judge Allows this in...so to me Too prejudicial = Too Factual and Not Allowed if its a Negative for JA

Good Morning...

I have been up since about 3AM... A bunch of our EMS were called out to West to help... And now we are having bad storms.... PRAYERS!

I plan to accomplish NOTHING today other than keeping our daughter content (which I will admitt might include a healthy dose of Dora and Bubble Guppies) and maaaaybe getting around to brushing my hair...

Jodi better not fake the funk again today... I don't want to hear about migranes or her getting a fart crosswise... I'm in NO mood for her antics today. All I want is to see Dr. D tear her up... Is that really too much to ask???

:cool:

When I see the newer Swiffer ad with the mop and bowling ball, with the "Whose that Lady" music in the background, at the end, when the camera pans to a bowling ball in a closet with a sponge mop, the three holes on the bowling ball, front and center, my mind always flashes to the "three holed wonder" comments from the trial and I really really LOL. Anyone else perceive this commercial the same???

It's so great to see that JD can be snarky in such a controlled way.

I think when JW started her global back-wash of Samuels and JD responded with "a what?" JD had been showing some great verbal intelligence of her own on the stand, at around that time--Jodi's head popped up and she looked like, "oh, he))" The doctor does what Jodi can do, but the doc isn't a killer or doing it for evil purposes. That's when Jodi started to take sick and JW was sliding further off the cliff herself.
I loved when JD asked JW to say that another way a few times yesterday. You can tell she's listens very carefully to everything said or not said.

Yesterday I said something misguided on here, about ooooh KCL can you get this about Lenore Walker being on NG to the VA since JM said he does not watch TV. I apologize. Of course I know, after thinking for just one second , rather than posting first, that JM has got this!!!! I would never want anyone to think I have anything but pure respect for him. I marvel at him, and clearly he has a staff and I am sure they have got this too. Moreover, the witness barely even blinked at the silly question posed to her, and shut it down already with her simple, "I believe that is incorrect", answer to JW.

Love, love, love Katie Cool Lady , I admire and respect all that she is doing ans has done for the family. So much.:rocker::rocker:

What makes no sense is that anyone would doubt the ME's testimony that the bullet to the head did not bleed. This means that Travis was out of blood--meaning that he was stabbed and bled out before the shot happened.

He would have no defensive wounds if he was shot in the head--the ME was crystal clear that the bullet HAD TO HIT HIS BRAIN due to the trajectory and position in the brain--right forehead to left cheekbone. Through the brain. Travis would not be able to defend himself and could not have gotten all the way down the hall to the threshold of his bedroom with that injury.

That's part of what has doomed this case for the DT IMO. They couldn't find an "expert" to argue the ME was wrong, so in effect they conceded that he was accurate. Yet JA gets up and says it happened a different way. I'm sure that will be mentioned in JMs closing.

:seeya: Good Morning !

So the question for the morning is : will there be court today ?

How convenient for Jodi to have a "migraine" yesterday which no doubt, she was FAKING as she "fakes" everything else ...

Anyway ... interesting discussion about "Wednesday" and how many afternoon sessions were missed on Wednesday ...

I just checked the calendar and June 4, 2008 was a WEDNESDAY !

Not that that means anything ... just interesting, IMO !

:moo:

Or because the person you thought you already finished off started to convulse and you used your back-up weapon to put them out of their misery. Remember JA 'loves, loves, loves animals' and saves flies from drinks or whatever her friend stated. After she cut her finger it probably really, really stung and grasping the trigger didn't hurt her as much as wielding the knife. Besides, where did she have left to cut to make him stop thrashing? The shot was her mercy kill IMO.

I don't know. I'm kind of glad I don't too.

Isn't it ironic that MM said the same thing on FB that Jodi said on the stand about pulling spiders from the water and putting them outside. Is that a rehearsed answer or what?????

That's part of what has doomed this case for the DT IMO. They couldn't find an "expert" to argue the ME was wrong, so in effect they conceded that he was accurate. Yet JA gets up and says it happened a different way. I'm sure that will be mentioned in JMs closing.

Yes, I believe that also.

Not that I discount any opinions, it just seems if the DT wanted to prove this theory beyond the defendants testimony it would make sense to find someone who would say the ME is wrong and why.

I don't believe they were able to do that.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member