trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...and the problem with that was?

Here's my issue - if you are a spectator at a hanging, what the hell do you think is gonna happen? Even if things went as planned, wouldn't the average person be horrified anyway? Sounds like the person was too heavy, the drop too long or combination thereof. With technology these days, surely there could be state of the art gallows constructed for Arias. Maybe a way to bring it back as a kick off/groundbreaking ceremony...:rocker:

Maybe combine that old style with some bungee jumping??? :floorlaugh:

Vinnie just said that Mr. and Mrs. Mefford will be testifying for the State. Yeah!! Some friends of Travis for the jury to hear he what Jodi claims!!

ITA - We saw this over and over and over the past two days. "Oh, so now you're changing your story to 12-1/2 hours of interviews? Didn't you just tell us it was 12? Can't you get your story straight? Are you ripping off the taxpayers?" Meanwhile her experts can retire off the fortune they've made from the AZ taxpayers.

Right. And that extra half an hour, wow, that really changes up the whole case!! Set JA free!!!

The only plausible reason for the headshot coming afterwards is to throw off investigators, to make it look like two attackers were involved. That's all I can think of. That could be why she came up with two intruders as opposed to one.

Look at it this way:

We can't be sure why Arias brought the gun. I would tend to think it was out of the adage "better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it", due to whatever "plan" she had for the murder itself not really being solid in her mind, or to deal with inadvertency, witnesses or the possibility of taking out someone else if Travis was on the couch with another women.

But in the actual murder itself none of the wounds were immediately fatal. The stab to the inferior vena cava and pericardium would have been eventually fatal, but not immediately. The stab wounds to the back and slashes to the head were mostly superficial, being stopped by bone. The most devastating and fatal wound was the throat cut.

Now, there's really no subtle way to put this: Cutting people's throats and videotaping it has become a preferred terror tactic. They did it in Iraq, during the Chechen War and Mexican drug cartels do it. Many of these videos have ended up on the internet. I've seen a lot of them.

No one ever dies easy this way. In all the videos, even when a person's throat is cut down to the spine relatively quickly resulting in unconsciousness within 30 seconds or so, unconscious doesn't mean dead. It doesn't mean peaceful either. Even with the blood flow to the brain interrupted, the body still struggles to breathe. In the end it may come as "agonal breathing" where maybe a handful of reflexive breaths are taken in a minute. Before that, the body will work at breathing, sometimes almost hyperventilating even though the person is unconscious. On top of that, the breathing is done with copious amounts of blood flowing into the sectioned trachea, the victim is essentially drowning in their own blood. The body will struggle, writhe, fight in a purposeless manner to continue autonomic functions. This will continue until the person doing the cutting works their way through the vertebrae and cuts the spinal cord, which is no easy feat with a knife, or until the dying person runs out of steam in a minute or two...or three.

It's not pretty. It is, in fact, horrific. That is why cartels, for example, videotape it to show what happens to rival cartel members and others that would cross them.

I don't think, at the moment of the head shot, that Travis Alexander was dead. He was mortally wounded, but the "post mortem" appearance of the head wound was due, in part, to there being essentially no blood flow to the head.

If this was the case with Travis Alexander, that once his throat was cut his body still struggled to stay alive, and I have no reason to think that the throat cutting of Travis Alexander was any different than the sample I've seen, then Jodi Arias resorted to the gun as a coup de grace, to finish it because, despite what she saw in movies, killing someone is a lot harder and takes longer than she counted on.

"The cross examination is going well, wouldn't you concurify? Shall I keep drawing and encouraging Secrets to Attract into this venue of loquasicalitude?"

:floorlaugh:

Your wit and humorocity stimulizes my humorous bone.

It looks like AZ currently has 3 females on death row according to DOC website:
http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearch/newDeathRow.aspx

I also found a site which has death row facts and it says that she can have a tv in her cell, but no face to face visits and only out of her cell 1 hour per day. No educational programs will be allowed.
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-row

BBM: And hopefully these 3 will have a new roommate :D

JA is a very dangerous person ... and should NEVER be allowed out of :jail:

MOO !

Vinnie just said that Mr. and Mrs. Mefford will be testifying for the State. Yeah!! Some friends of Travis for the jury to hear he what Jodi claims!!

Good!! I said it yesterday but I hope they show the video of Travis. I think it will really humanize him for the jury. It's one thing to hear about someone and see pictures but to see them alive and talking, it really shows he was a human being and you can see his personality.

Rewatching yesterday's testimony by DR D. I get the impression that JW is cherry picking the tests. There's no doubt in my mind that DR D is thorough. She administered several tests to insure the validity of her results. You can tell that JW is deliberately excluding those tests where JA scored high in the abnormal personality range.

Seems to me, Ms. Wilmott totally missed the reason the IQ test was done. It should have caught her attention as it totally ruled out any and all competency issues. I think perhaps Ms. Wilmott is too angry because her defense has been shredded first by JM and now by a well qualified professional. It's nothing personal Ms. Wilmott.

Good morning Sleuth. For you

Black_Panther_Eyes.jpg

Could you repeat the question please?

Or because the person you thought you already finished off started to convulse and you used your back-up weapon to put them out of their misery. Remember JA 'loves, loves, loves animals' and saves flies from drinks or whatever her friend stated. After she cut her finger it probably really, really stung and grasping the trigger didn't hurt her as much as wielding the knife. Besides, where did she have left to cut to make him stop thrashing? The shot was her mercy kill IMO.

I don't know. I'm kind of glad I don't too.
Why ever she DID shoot him, just remember, she brought the gun with her and had it at the ready. Maybe her personal coup de grace.

Yesterday I said something misguided on here, about ooooh KCL can you get this about Lenore Walker being on NG to the VA since JM said he does not watch TV. I apologize. Of course I know, after thinking for just one second , rather than posting first, that JM has got this!!!! I would never want anyone to think I have anything but pure respect for him. I marvel at him, and clearly he has a staff and I am sure they have got this too. Moreover, the witness barely even blinked at the silly question posed to her, and shut it down already with her simple, "I believe that is incorrect", answer to JW.

Love, love, love Katie Cool Lady , I admire and respect all that she is doing ans has done for the family. So much.:rocker::rocker:

No worries. Your heart is in the right place :seeya:

Katie was on Dr Drew last night, said JA looked fine, she was busy coloring in her coloring book all day, not something someone with an intense headache does. The green shirt made her look pale, but she definitely was not sick, as they observed her. She was smirking when they closed court for the day..

I did notice that the green shirt seems to be a bit over-sized for her. Green is not her color.

When I see the newer Swiffer ad with the mop and bowling ball, with the "Whose that Lady" music in the background, at the end, when the camera pans to a bowling ball in a closet with a sponge mop, the three holes on the bowling ball, front and center, my mind always flashes to the "three holed wonder" comments from the trial and I really really LOL. Anyone else perceive this commercial the same???

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I will never be able to watch that commercial again and not think about this.

Sorry if this was already discussed but I'm still catching up.

In Part 1 of the Youtube videos at about 53:37, JW asks DD, "If somebody was assaulted and their life was threatened by someone they know, that would be traumatic?" and Nurmi actually laughs at DD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdHId2e5jI

Good!! I said it yesterday but I hope they show the video of Travis. I think it will really humanize him for the jury. It's one thing to hear about someone and see pictures but to see them alive and talking, it really shows he was a human being and you can see his personality.

Especially the part where Travis is talking about a gun being put to his right temple and how he felt about that while the lazy feline is sprawled all over him ignoring the world.

I do not believe in coincidences.

It's not what they actually are, it's what we perceive them to be. We expect men to act in a certain way and women to act the exact opposite. When it comes to being assertive it should not matter if it is JM or JW but we can see it does.

Well. I'd say Beth Karas is assertive. Nancy Grace, Wendy Murphy are assertive, even aggressive. DeMarte is assertive. I applaud them for it. None of them inspire words in my mind like "catty".

Willmott, in this cross of this witness especially, strikes me (and others, it seems) as different than them.

Seems to me, Ms. Wilmott totally missed the reason the IQ test was done. It should have caught her attention as it totally ruled out any and all competency issues. I think perhaps Ms. Wilmott is too angry because her defense has been shredded first by JM and now by a well qualified professional. It's nothing personal Ms. Wilmott.

IMHO, it seemed like JW was trying to show how much of a waste to taxpayers money this was since this was an issue with ALV and RS. However, she totally missed the point that Dr. D was being comprehensive in her testing, all i's dotted and t's crossed.

Dr. D was being thorough enough to make sure that any diagnosis she came up with was as close to the right one as possible.

That was my take on it. But again, JW is trying to discredit a expert witness, that honestly is an incredible one. She is very matter of fact. And it her testimony chooses to make sure that the attny's clarify any questions to avoid answering incorrectly. Which further proves she likes to do things by the book as it were.

IMHO

K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads