trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially the part where Travis is talking about a gun being put to his right temple and how he felt about that while the lazy feline is sprawled all over him ignoring the world.

I do not believe in coincidences.

You and me both. That video is haunting in many ways.

Good morning Sleuth. For you

Black_Panther_Eyes.jpg

Could you repeat the question please?

Is that JW is see in those pupils?

Good Thursday to you all~

Just my morning observations to share with you...

JA's migraines... It struck me odd, the day before, she was not wearing her glasses at all. She was writing, writing, writing with not once putting those glasses on. I'm wondering if she didn't wear them at all starting from Monday night on..Until Yesterday.
She came in, and there were the glasses again. I kept noticing her moving them up and down to see.. I know in the past, when I was getting a new glasses script..I would be warned about the adjustment. I remember the very first time I wore glasses I thought my little world was melting. Sure I could see...
The words of JA's " I didn't even know I needed them, Until I tried someone else's on".
My sister gets migraines, not very often and just started for her about 3 years ago, she is nearly 50 now. Once it starts, she always and I do mean always has to go to the hospital to get started with her relief and now her daughter gets them and she is just on the verge of 30. I've never had one, so I can't relate to this.

Next thing: I do not think that JW called Dr. D a %&*@%. I listened over and over. Could she have? Well yeah anything is possible, but I suppose I can think she did. I will give her the benefit of the doubt on this.

Last thing: I want to start with a question... Was ALV ever a battered woman?
How did she get involved in this field?
In my mines eye, I see, JA with outbursts of anger, attacking, pushing, hitting Travis and to defend himself, or to get her out of his face, he may have pushed her, he may have grabbed her to get her attention..
But this does not make her an abused woman, this makes her someone who couldn't control herself and because of her fit of rage was put in her place. This does not make you a battered woman.

I am a survivor .. and 30 years later, I still at times get chills when I think upon the things I endured. I was a battered woman, who Survived.

Lets get on with the trial and JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!

OMG, sorry if this has already been discussed but I just heard Dr. Elenore Walker on Nancy Grace clip from last night. WOW. She still uses her 6 points for determining domestic abuse and she said DV has not been established in this trial.! Take that Alv!

Perhaps Dr. DeMarte has a better method of cooking frogs rather than boiling them.

:floorlaugh:

I see a reticulated black panther looking at Ms. Wilmott...and after the time spent on cross, Ms. Wilmott hasn't laid a glove on her.
Nuke it. On high.

I think Lenore Walker misunderstood what Nancy was asking last night. When Nancy asked about Jodi lying about the abuse, Nancy meant that it never happened and that Travis never abused her. I think Dr. Walker meant that Jodi had been lying when Travis was alive and said that Travis never abused her. We've heard of women who deny the abuse and say they ran into the door, fell down the steps, etc. I don't think Dr. Walker would say that a woman who was never abused could be classified as a battered woman.

She got Walker to repeat clearly all six criteria Dr D listed yesterday! Seems like there is a discrepancy with how they are listed: three from PTSD and three additional- but Dr D was very clear listing them that way.

Anyway- the Battered Women's syndrome is different than PTSD and the DT has made a mess confusing the two. Samuels said PTSD from the murder, and ALV said she was battered - which would be earlier than the PSTD and present differently. But she met none of the criteria for battered- the body image, social isolation or somatic complaints. And PTSD does;t work the way Jodi hoped. Not even close.

BTW- let's not forget the battered women's syndrome is not an official diagnosis and is controversial because it was developed to explain away / defend women in court who had attacked men. Even Leonore Walker explained it's not okay to kill people because you were previously battered. But it seems people took and ran with her research to try and do just that!

Good Morning...

I have been up since about 3AM... A bunch of our EMS were called out to West to help... And now we are having bad storms.... PRAYERS!

I plan to accomplish NOTHING today other than keeping our daughter content (which I will admitt might include a healthy dose of Dora and Bubble Guppies) and maaaaybe getting around to brushing my hair...

Jodi better not fake the funk again today... I don't want to hear about migranes or her getting a fart crosswise... I'm in NO mood for her antics today. All I want is to see Dr. D tear her up... Is that really too much to ask???

:cool:

BBM... :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Yes, I'm twelve. :seeya:

I don't believe for one second that JA has migraines. Everything we have seen from the moment of her arrest shows not one instance of a migraine until the trial that is. She's little miss happy pose in all pics, had loads of time to make phone calls, texts, can drive thousands of miles, you name it. Not one word of a migraine in her writings and no one else came forward to say they witnessed her having a migraine. She drove from TA's to UTAH and all of that without having a migraine. Surely she would have mentioned it had she had one during her long elaborated tales to LE.

Sorry if this was already discussed but I'm still catching up.

In Part 1 of the Youtube videos at about 53:37, JW asks DD, "If somebody was assaulted and their life was threatened by someone they know, that would be traumatic?" and Nurmi actually laughs at DD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdHId2e5jI

Nurmi just seems to take it as score one for us!

But she did say it depends on the persons perspective. Not everyone will have PTSD from a traumatic event and not everyone is unable to cope. IMHO

K

I guess what makes JM great could be analyzed and described, but it can't be taught. How do you teach someone to remember everything he's read, seen, or heard about a case.... and be able to immediately recognize something that's untrue... and immediately and articulately expose and confront the untruth teller in court? JW? Nuh uh.

Wonder what JM's IQ is? I'll keep my comments on JW's IQ to myself. :facepalm:

Correct me if i'm wrong-my fellow Sleuthers!!!! :)

But didn't JA state that she don't remember picking up the knife but Dr. D said JA told her she remembered picking it up.

BBM: And hopefully these 3 will have a new roommate :D

JA is a very dangerous person ... and should NEVER be allowed out of :jail:

MOO !

Oh, she won't have a roommate, these are single cells.

So, I guess she will have an hour each day to do what? Shower, exercise or go outside.

From what I understand the jail is much harder than prison. Not sure about death row though. Her meals will be eaten in the cell and I hope they arrive cold and stuck together (pasta dishes).

My home State getting a shout out. Of course, they still have it on the books. No taxes, liquor available right off interstate, etc.

Live Free or Die!

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Hey, me too! From Dovah (Dover)! :rocker:

There was no strap recovered from the camera.

However, that "slip" does support one of my theories that she accidentally dropped the camera as she ran down the hallway to acquire a weapon. Probably telling Travis as he sat in the shower, "I'll be back" in a deep Arnold voice. Ok, maybe not like that, but you get my point. Or, she placed the camera in her right hand and pulled out the 25 with her left hand for the surprise attack. It failed and she panicked (causing the inadvertent ceiling shot), so she ran down the hallway in search for the knife while still gripping the camera but "accidentally" dropped it.

I just had a thought. What if Jodi was using HER camera (w/strap) and put the erased memory card in Travis' camera to further set him up?

Here's what I think might've been her intent. In part, anyway.

I think Jodi went there to further blackmail him. I believe the recorded phone conversation was just the start.
I think she planned on putting pedo photos on Travis' computer or elsewhere around his house THEN.....take photos of it to use as leverage.

I always believed the camera was around her neck too. I think she might've gotten Travis' camera out of the box after she killed him (with the intention of photographing little boy pictures) ....panicked, didn't finish out her scheme of blackmail, put the (what she thought was her erased) memory card in his camera and accidentally put it in the wash.

I don't believe she put the camera in the silly wash machine on purpose. That's insane. If her intent was to wash away the finger prints.... she could've just thrown it into the shower with Travis' body and ran the water. Or if her intent was to destroy the camera she could've taken it with her although.... I think that was her intention (taking it with her) but couldn't locate it (because it was in the washer) and hastily gathered up the items and left because roommate was due home.

So in summation, I do believe a camera, whether her's or his, was around her neck. As a photographer, that is common practice especially if you're holding a weapon too!

Oh and by the way?.....I don't believe Travis was posing for a photo shoot to showcase his newly fit body. I think Jodi was surreptitiously taking photos of Travis, startled him with gun and the rest....well, we know how it ended.

<modsnip>

Yes she did. And OF COURSE we'll start late. I would faint if we didn't.

I think the juror's first question should be to ask the judge if they can bring a blanket, pillow, and sleeping bag so they can take naps while the judge and attorneys decide how they are going to proceed every day. :banghead:

Who are they???????

They are very dear friends of Travis, who have much to tell about the true nature of the relationship between Jodi and Travis, what they saw with their own eyes and heard with their own ears. Indeed they even have video of the pair of them together, and Travis has his arm wrapped around her, while she is snuggling up to him, head on his lap, as a tired child in a movie would cling to their mother. Travis is telling a story about a near death experience to a group of about twenty of his friends, so Ms. Wilmot's "Jodi was Travis' dirty little secret," will be poof. Also, unlike the way ALV claimed Travis would have so much to lose if his friends ever learned he was not a virgin, many of Travis' male friends have been interviewed on HLN saying they knew he was not.
Jacob Mefford can tell the jury that Travis spoke to him about this, about how he wanted to get away from Jodi, etc. Better still, Jacob's wife was present when Sky Hughes told Jodi she was no longer welcome in their home and to never return. This matters, because ALV used "Travis' s dear friends, the Hughes", and some emails they wrote, very early in Travis and Jodi's relationship ( before they realized her problems ), as part of how she decided Travis was an abuser. So, these two friends can pop that balloon, mid air. Can't wait!!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147 - Page 30 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Time for me to check out from here and back to RL...ugh.

I hope there is court today and we get further into the rebuttal case. While I think Dr. D is a great witness, I am ready to hear more from JM and others.

Its time to end this imho. We are going aroundd in circles it feels like.

Keep up the commentary for those of us who will fall behind once again today! Much appreciated!

K

Correct me if i'm wrong-my fellow Sleuthers!!!! :)

But didn't JA state that she don't remember picking up the knife but Dr. D said JA told her she remembered picking it up.

JA said to most that she does not remember picking up the knife, she only remembered "maybe" dropping it in the bathroom and it made a noise.
And she has a foggy memory of putting a knife in the dishwasher at some point in her life.

She told Dr. Demarte that she disposed of the gun and knife. (weapons)
So she indicated to Dr. Demarte that she took the gun and knife with her and disposed of them.

This is V1.0 V2.0 and V3.0 of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove