trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lenore Walker misunderstood what Nancy was asking last night. When Nancy asked about Jodi lying about the abuse, Nancy meant that it never happened and that Travis never abused her. I think Dr. Walker meant that Jodi had been lying when Travis was alive and said that Travis never abused her. We've heard of women who deny the abuse and say they ran into the door, fell down the steps, etc. I don't think Dr. Walker would say that a woman who was never abused could be classified as a battered woman.

Is this the exchange you are referring to?

Lenore Walker on NG:

NG: "If Jodi Arias was lying about Travis Alexander abusing her, could she still be a battered woman?"

LW: "Sure. Battered women lie all the time. That's how they stay alive, that's how they deal with the shame. Lying is not new for battered women. But it isn't just whether or not someone is a battered woman that's important in these cases, as you well know, Nancy. It doesn't give them a free pass just because they are a battered woman. It is really used only to help us understand whether of not they were in fear of what was happening - that they would be seriously harmed or killed at the time they commit a homicide. So that's what we have to look at AND THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M HEARING IN THIS TRIAL!!!"

My gut tells me we are about 1 week to closing arguments. I am all for medicating Jodi before each day so her head doesn't scramble.

Or having the trial in absentia

JA said to most that she does not remember picking up the knife, she only remembered "maybe" dropping it in the bathroom and it made a noise.
And she has a foggy memory of putting a knife in the dishwasher at some point in her life.

She told Dr. Demarte that she disposed of the gun and knife. (weapons)
So she indicated to Dr. Demarte that she took the gun and knife with her and disposed of them.

This is V1.0 V2.0 and V3.0 of the story.

I thought that information was given to RS, not Dr. D. It was brought up in the part where Dr. D was explaining the continued loss of memoring instead of gaining it since she spoke to JA after RS and it was very absent in the discussions Dr. D had with JA.

IMHO

K

Good Thursday to you all~

Just my morning observations to share with you...

JA's migraines... It struck me odd, the day before, she was not wearing her glasses at all. She was writing, writing, writing with not once putting those glasses on. I'm wondering if she didn't wear them at all starting from Monday night on..Until Yesterday.
She came in, and there were the glasses again. I kept noticing her moving them up and down to see.. I know in the past, when I was getting a new glasses script..I would be warned about the adjustment. I remember the very first time I wore glasses I thought my little world was melting. Sure I could see...
The words of JA's " I didn't even know I needed them, Until I tried someone else's on".
My sister gets migraines, not very often and just started for her about 3 years ago, she is nearly 50 now. Once it starts, she always and I do mean always has to go to the hospital to get started with her relief and now her daughter gets them and she is just on the verge of 30. I've never had one, so I can't relate to this.

Next thing: I do not think that JW called Dr. D a %&*@%. I listened over and over. Could she have? Well yeah anything is possible, but I suppose I can think she did. I will give her the benefit of the doubt on this.

Last thing: I want to start with a question... Was ALV ever a battered woman?
How did she get involved in this field?
In my mines eye, I see, JA with outbursts of anger, attacking, pushing, hitting Travis and to defend himself, or to get her out of his face, he may have pushed her, he may have grabbed her to get her attention..
But this does not make her an abused woman, this makes her someone who couldn't control herself and because of her fit of rage was put in her place. This does not make you a battered woman.

I am a survivor .. and 30 years later, I still at times get chills when I think upon the things I endured. I was a battered woman, who Survived.

Lets get on with the trial and JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!
an

I am also a survivor too, and even 25 years later, with his ashes in my house since 2000, I still have nightmares and can't watch programs on tv that have his name in them, etc. There are triggers to my nightmares that I have come to recognize and I do my best to avoid. JA was never abused in the slightest form, Travis IMO was. I am glad you survived. No one escapes abuse unscathed in the long term.

Many good, interesting points, Lyric...

One point that especially made me stop and go "Hmmmm".....

I really never believed that TA ever physically accosted JA....

However... Your scenario makes so much sense...

I can definitely see JA aggravating him verbally and physically... And when she physically accosted him... He may have blocked her to keep it from continuing...

then JA, of course, uses this as an example of abuse...

Men need to protect themselves, too!

JMO

Good morning Sleuth. For you

Could you repeat the question please?

I was very amused the several times Dr. DeMarte asked "Could you clarify?" to Wilmott, who seemed taken aback at first, no doubt because even she wasn't sure what she was asking.

Janeen DeMarte is a scientist, and a clinician, and good at both of those no doubt. Like a good skeptic, she knows the best way to take the wind out of someone who is trying to blow smoke up your orifice is to ask them to state it in a different way. If the statement, claim, what-have-you is all form and no subtance, the person will struggle to reformulate it because there's no referent under the words.

For instance, when someone goes on about their "vibrational energy" like Arias does in her bogus writings, if you asked her to restate, what energy she is referring to, what is its nature, and what exactly is she talking about, she would come apart because there's no actual "thing" behind the words.

Of course, with Wilmott I'm pretty sure what she's visualizing in her head is a sparkle pony. Then she stomps on it.

I don't believe for one second that JA has migraines. Everything we have seen from the moment of her arrest shows not one instance of a migraine until the trial that is. She's little miss happy pose in all pics, had loads of time to make phone calls, texts, can drive thousands of miles, you name it. Not one word of a migraine in her writings and no one else came forward to say they witnessed her having a migraine. She drove from TA's to UTAH and all of that without having a migraine. Surely she would have mentioned it had she had one during her long elaborated tales to LE.

BBM:

:rocker: I totally agree ! Good points !

:seeya:

I just had a thought. What if Jodi was using HER camera (w/strap) and put the erased memory card in Travis' camera to further set him up?

Here's what I think might've been her intent. In part, anyway.

I think Jodi went there to further blackmail him. I believe the recorded phone conversation was just the start.
I think she planned on putting pedo photos on Travis' computer or elsewhere around his house THEN.....take photos of it to use as leverage.

I always believed the camera was around her neck too. I think she might've gotten Travis' camera out of the box after she killed him (with the intention of photographing little boy pictures) ....panicked, didn't finish out her scheme of blackmail, put the (what she thought was her erased) memory card in his camera and accidentally put it in the wash.

I don't believe she put the camera in the silly wash machine on purpose. That's insane. If her intent was to wash away the finger prints.... she could've just thrown it into the shower with Travis' body and ran the water. Or if her intent was to destroy the camera she could've taken it with her although.... I think that was her intention (taking it with her) but couldn't locate it (because it was in the washer) and hastily gathered up the items and left because roommate was due home.

So in summation, I do believe a camera, whether her's or his, was around her neck. As a photographer, that is common practice especially if you're holding a weapon too!

Oh and by the way?.....I don't believe Travis was posing for a photo shoot to showcase his newly fit body. I think Jodi was surreptitiously taking photos of Travis, startled him with gun and the rest....well, we know how it ended.

<modsnip>

Even if a memory card was put into another camera and by some chance the formats were compatible, it is my understanding that the digital fingerprint on the image identifies what kind of camera took it. That never changes. I believe the experts have determined that the photos were taken by the Sony.

Katie was on Dr Drew last night, said JA looked fine, she was busy coloring in her coloring book all day, not something someone with an intense headache does. The green shirt made her look pale, but she definitely was not sick, as they observed her. She was smirking when they closed court for the day..

It could depend on how well the medication she takes works on her. I've been dealing with migraines since I was a teenager ( close to 17 yrs now. Only time I did not suffer from them was while pregnant with my kiddos). For me there are times where the pills help but not really. As in it takes the real pain away but you can still feel it. Best as I can describe it would be like having labor pains and then getting the epidural. The pain is gone but you can still feel the contractions. My pain would go away ( sometimes not completely but at least enough to cope) but that pressure can be just as bad. Hard to focus almost like I've spaced out and no matter how hard I try to stay alert. Pain in the butt when my brain stops working like that. Though I feel no pity for her. She brought this on herself. She wants to follow The Secret then she should have realized shooting, slashing and all those stabs to Travis' body was just like her writing negative things down on paper so she did all this to herself.

an

I am also a survivor too, and even 25 years later, with his ashes in my house since 2000, I still have nightmares and can't watch programs on tv that have his name in them, etc. There are triggers to my nightmares that I have come to recognize and I do my best to avoid. JA was never abused in the slightest form, Travis IMO was. I am glad you survived. No one escapes abuse unscathed in the long term.

I am so glad you survived too!! I have a grown child now from that marriage and the same, I avoided everything that I could, including my child because he looked so much like him. I wouldn't even spank him, fearing that I would just go off. We learn so much about ourselves as time goes on.
As bad as this is going to sound, he died when my son was 2 and I am thankful that my son did not grow up around him.

We are Survivors!!

Sundawn and suzieD

# 697 post and sundawn response photos are blowing margins,please edit and resize or remove photos, thanks.

I feel for Willmott right now as an attorney. Whatever her reasons to agreeing for this case, I do believe she will suffer greatly from it. I think she's angry, after months of hatred, and critism who wouldn't be angry? Unfortunately, I think its showing. The NG clip last night has to be a huge blow to her career. Whatever information on forensic Psychology and DV she got was faulty.

Not only will Martinez shred it and make her look ridiculous and uneducated, but it seems like a nail in the coffin to her career-- I can't imagine people lining up outside their offices to defend them now, and she has a large amount of negativity from spectators that will rejoice in her failure.

I don't think her cross was meant to be unintentionally misleading, I think she either misinterpreted and/or didn't understand what information was given to her. That is a lot of pressure and stress to handle as a person with real feelings. On top of a client who has no issues requesting such nonsense, she has to as her attorney bring up. I think Willmott needs a lot of support from people close to her right now.

I don't believe for one second that JA has migraines. Everything we have seen from the moment of her arrest shows not one instance of a migraine until the trial that is. She's little miss happy pose in all pics, had loads of time to make phone calls, texts, can drive thousands of miles, you name it. Not one word of a migraine in her writings and no one else came forward to say they witnessed her having a migraine. She drove from TA's to UTAH and all of that without having a migraine. Surely she would have mentioned it had she had one during her long elaborated tales to LE.

I recall just one mention of a headache in a text with Travis. IMO, she uses headaches when crying is not working!

Juror questions.. what kind of shampoo do you use? Where did you get those shoes?

Rofl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

or 'what's your office number? are you accepting new patients?'

if i had to endure this trial as a juror, i'd call her as soon as it's over!! talk about PTSD!

I can't make heads or tails out of the gas can issue but JM proving that she did indeed have three just shows she is lying for some reason and that reason must be to hide something-otherwise why lie about it?

The gas can issue is pretty straightforward.

She planned on going to Mesa but did not want to appear on any cameras, therefore she did not want to buy gas. She needed the three cans to get herself through Arizona and back on what would have been the route from CA to Utah without purchasing gas. The two cans she borrowed from Darryl wouldn't have done it, so she bought another. She claims in testimony to have returned that third can right after purchasing it, Juan will have someone from Walmart testify she never returned it.

She said she brought the cans so she could buy gas in Utah where it was cheaper, but since she filled the cans in CA that doesn't fly.

It is one of the strongest pieces of evidence that points to premeditation. She was planning on sneaking through Arizona

IMHO, it seemed like JW was trying to show how much of a waste to taxpayers money this was since this was an issue with ALV and RS. However, she totally missed the point that Dr. D was being comprehensive in her testing, all i's dotted and t's crossed.

Dr. D was being thorough enough to make sure that any diagnosis she came up with was as close to the right one as possible.

That was my take on it. But again, JW is trying to discredit a expert witness, that honestly is an incredible one. She is very matter of fact. And it her testimony chooses to make sure that the attny's clarify any questions to avoid answering incorrectly. Which further proves she likes to do things by the book as it were.

IMHO

K

It sure seems to me that it should be evident to the jurors how different the "expert" approaches were:
a) Decide what the diagnosis will be. Fake results and/or ignore facts that don't fit that outcome. Give gifts. Bill lots of hours. Argue rather than testify.
b) Follow protocols in testing and evaluation. Use that to make a diagnosis. Minimize time wasted. Stick to facts on the stand.

I hope the mods create a "Did JW use the b-word?" thread so those interested could weigh in and those who aren't will be spared.

I wish they would put a STICKY up that she did not say that (B word).

Never even sounded close to that, IMO. Most of us don't care for the job she is doing, but one has to be careful to not hear what you want to hear.

I am sure JW is probably a pleasant person, IRL. I see it when she, Juan and JSS, and EVEN Nurmi joke around after the jury leaves. They all have a job to do, and she is not stupid enough to violate basic court rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove