trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes no sense. Shoot him in the head after having it nearly cut off? Leave behind incriminating evidence that she had a 25 auto that could be linked to the burglary on May 28th?

The only benefit of Dr. Horn being recalled is for him to challenge Jodi's testimony that Travis would be screaming obscenities at her after immediately having his brain hit with a bullet. And also challenge her claim that Travis would be a threat to her in that condition.

I've always thought she shot him after pretty much decapitating him because he was dying noisily. As in gurgles and moans :facepalm:

Thanks about 13 mins in mom is talking about the 'friend who called her' about Jodi's issues, she uses 'he' and mom thought if they just 'got her up here where we could take care of her' I so think the friend was Travis, did she know any other males in Mesa? Her flatmates fiance? One of Travis' friends?

Actually, I think I heard Jodi say that MM called her parents once b/c he was worried about her-I think she was threatening suicide at the time.

Makes no sense. Shoot him in the head after having it nearly cut off? Leave behind incriminating evidence that she had a 25 auto that could be linked to the burglary on May 28th?
<snipped>

I never subscribe to the argument criminals and defense attorneys frequently pose that "my client was too smart to leave behind evidence" or "why would my client leave evidence if she did it" etc.

Committing a murder must be a chaotic, adrenaline-infused frenzy. That's why incriminating evidence gets left behind. It's human nature.

The fact that incriminating evidence gets left behind does not preclude the murderer from being named as the perp, even if she's above average in intelligence.

Why did that make me laugh really hard? Something is seriously wrong with me.

I must be twisted ;) I have refrained from posting the first things that came to mind....

So I'll leave it this way....

Couldn't we just give it one more try? Just one? For JA? Please? Please? LOL
Oh my, somedays I worry myself :)

Don't you think JW is digging a hole and losing the jurors that might have sided with the DT? There are so many horrific events occuring, and they are surely wanting to be home with their families. Any respect I had for JW went down the drain with this 'Juan-wannabe' tactic. She comes across as a spoiled, temper-tantrum-throwing mean teenager, although she is looking every bit her true age. I can almost imagine her and Jodi doing the 'Judge, may we approach' stomp and yelling 'oh, no she didn't!'after court closes

Don't they have advisors to counsel her in her mannerisms and tactics, as well to advise her to move along?

BBM

New term...Juanabee

I think I read somewhere that she said "You betcha." Someone had some professional audio equipment and was able to find that out.

I hope the mods create a "Did JW use the b-word?" thread so those interested could weigh in and those who aren't will be spared.

AZ abolished hanging in the 1930s when the female hangee's head literally popped off and fell at the feet of the horrified spectators. That's the last time a female on death row in AZ was dispatched.

That's because they did not do it right. The only state in the USA that still has hanging on the books is New Hampshire as far as I know and of course it has not been used since who knows when.

Mornin sleuthers, I can't believe Jodi got another so called migraine. I think it was so JW can spend some more time learning how to cross a witness though I think Jodi gets a lot of pleasure knowing every wasted hour causes Travis' family stress.:furious:

I saw some posters say after listening to Dr.D that they felt a bit sad for Jodi. I don't at all, she preys on people who have compassion and if you begin to feel any compassion just remember how manipulative she is.

That's why she's so sure "no jury would ever convict her" mix a reasonably high IQ, BPD, narcissism and pure evil and you have Jodi.:abnormal:

O/T I was really excited to have today start until it did at 4am and after eight inches of rain over night, I now have three inches in my lower level consisting of a family room and DD's bedroom:tears::tears::tears::tears:

I'm in the Chicago suburbs, anyone else having the same type of day. If so :therethere:, Right here with ya.

I am also in Chicago suburbs but my house is elevated, not sure my daughter can make it to work today, my son is in a lower level condo and I haven't heard if he is flooded. Awful rain system we are having. My house got hit by lightening about 8 years ago so I have everything on surge protector power strips and I turn off everything when it gets bad. Be safe neighbor!!!

Going to lie down, not feeling well. I will catch up by reading when I get up

I see assertive and witchy as two very different things. Both men and women can be assertive. Both men and women can be witchy, or maybe wizardy!

It's not what they actually are, it's what we perceive them to be. We expect men to act in a certain way and women to act the exact opposite. When it comes to being assertive it should not matter if it is JM or JW but we can see it does.

I think I read somewhere that she said "You betcha." Someone had some professional audio equipment and was able to find that out.

That is what I hear. I can see JW using that phrase. or maybe "Gotcha" or a sneeze. I don't hear any cussing.

which would mean the DT would have to depose her and she has nothing to add here except about her 6 criterion. she's never seen JA, and couldn't express an opinion about anything except that one issue. i would think if the DT wanted to go all out with DV, THEY could have called LW.

but why should the state waste the time on an issue the jury has indicated by their questions they don't believe? the DV claim isn't flying, and going to all that trouble just to establish JW made a BIG mistake in her cross of DDM seems unnecessary to me.

You're right of course. I guess I was speaking from a fantasy world perspective. Somehow though, I keep getting the sense from JW that she's not going to give up on her DV crusade any time soon.

Glorious Good Morrow, Sleuthers!

Say chaps, I've been thinking about our dear Dr. D, and I've finally discovered what it is about her that seems so familiar to me. She truly does resemble a big cat, like a puma or leopard, and she was looking at JW like, "Hello, lunch!" I mean, JW kept trying to rattle her with absolutely inane minutiae (the copyright questions will go down in the history of jurisprudence as a singularly horrible example of an attempt to impeach a witness), but Dr. D kept giving her this rather fixed predatory gaze as if to say, "you'd be good with barbecue sauce."

I rather expect her to show up this morning wearing a smartly coordinated lobster bib.

You know you're right, Sleuth, she really does. And sometimes she looks like Jake Gyllenhalls (?) sister to me.

I really hope we get to some jury questions today. JW shouldn't be able to take 3 times as long to cross, as JM took with DD. It sounds like there have been a lot less jury questions, which could be a good thing considering the tone of the questions when they were past 100 for DT witnesses. I just find their questions so fascinating, to see how they are interpreting things without media influence and knowing facts not aloud in the trial.

I've always thought she shot him after pretty much decapitating him because he was dying noisily. As in gurgles and moans :facepalm:

The only plausible reason for the headshot coming afterwards is to throw off investigators, to make it look like two attackers were involved. That's all I can think of. That could be why she came up with two intruders as opposed to one.

Morning Texas and y'all, present and accounted for....

[video=youtube;fTh-4Ss07AE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTh-4Ss07AE&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Glorious Good Morrow, Sleuthers!

Say chaps, I've been thinking about our dear Dr. D, and I've finally discovered what it is about her that seems so familiar to me. She truly does resemble a big cat, like a puma or leopard, and she was looking at JW like, "Hello, lunch!" I mean, JW kept trying to rattle her with absolutely inane minutiae (the copyright questions will go down in the history of jurisprudence as a singularly horrible example of an attempt to impeach a witness), but Dr. D kept giving her this rather fixed predatory gaze as if to say, "you'd be good with barbecue sauce."

I rather expect her to show up this morning wearing a smartly coordinated lobster bib.

I agree! I said earlier she reminds so much of a Siamese cat I "owned" many years ago. That cat would look at you like you were stupid....and like he was plotting something diabolical He owned me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member