trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The timing of these episodes seems to coincide with prosecution testimony that definitely points out big issues with Ms. Arias. Imagine that. :facepalm:

However, I go back to the first little episode when Jodi herself was on the stand and JM had her crying like a little girl and hiding behind her hands and hair. The Judge stopped the questioning and broke for an early lunch. Learned behavior, if you don't like something, start being pitiful. At this rate, Jodi and her team will be able to buy some more nights at Estrella before having to deal with the really big house. I'm thinking, there are huge numbers of folks who go to work, take care of their kidlets, and other day to day things while experiencing migranes or even worse. Grow up Jodi, deal with the reality that you and you alone created.

Sorry about that reference to a little girl, please don't tell ALv, she will send the PC police after me.

Remember the frustrated messaging, when Travis said JA was the worts thing that had ever happened to him? He spoke of her complaining, crying, and manipulating..and this is confirming t for the jury.

The DT entered it to show how 'mean' Travis was..instead we see through JAs own actions in the courtroom that he was only speaking the truth.

(right about now the judge and jury might say the same thing..)

My migraines started when I was in elementary school & increased in severity at age 16. After having 3 children, the headaches have become less severe--I rarely have a debilitating one, but it can happen.

I've been to many neurologists, tried almost every known medicine from Maxalt, Midrin, Fiorinal w/codeine, Imitrex, beta blockers, Topiramate, Depakote, Vicodin, etc. including Botox injections in my neck.

My headaches would last between 3-5 DAYS. Intractable pain, aura that would leave me blind in one eye, numb hands and arms, vomiting, mental confusion, and if you saw my face, it looked like I had just had major blood loss, the circles underneath my eyes would be black, and I would avoid all activities except lying down in a cold, quiet, dark room.

I don't know what severity Jodi's headaches are & I don't care. She needs to be in her seat unless she's actively vomiting. She can even put her head down--but she needs to suck it up. Are the DT so clueless that they aren't aware that the jury must be furious that she keeps wasting their time???

I am so sorry. Your headaches sound just like mine. Doctors have tried everything. I am getting older now so I don't have them as frequently. But when I was young, the doctors had no way to treat it and thought it was all in one's mind. I can't tell you how many times they wanted me to try anti-depressants. The doctors ignorance on the subject was the only thing depressing me! The meds are better now. But, as you described, even with the latest meds, I must be in a cold dark room for hours and up to three days. It takes a chunk out of your life. Doctors are saying there is now research showing people who have history of migraines are prone to having strokes.

I don't know if the ME in the case of this hearing is for the Medical Examiner, but Kevin Horn is on the rebuttal witness list.

Has there been confirmation from an official source or are you just reciting a rumor?

If he is returning, then that's bad news. His sequence of events is crazy, makes no sense.

I'm with you. Unfortunately, they have to work with what they've got. And what they've got is Jodi.

I've never understood how the defense can come in and basically throw everything at the wall, and see what sticks. I realize the prosecution bears the burden of proof, but shouldn't the defense have to at least be truthful?

And then I think, well, if a defendant claims they were abused, their attorney prepares their defense as if their client was abused. It doesn't matter if it's actually true or not. The attorney is operating under the assumption that it is true.

So then how do you figure in claiming the man your client admittedly murdered was a pedophile? What does that have to do with your client murdering him, even though she's claiming self-defense? This is clearly just character assassination. How does it even work it's way into the defense strategy? If he's a pedophile, he deserved to be slaughtered so go easy on my client - she basically performed community service by getting rid of this guy?

The only thing I can figure is, Jodi said she wanted all these things included in her defense and her attorneys had to do it because she's in control.

I don't understand how this defense was prepared and how it fits legally. Clearly I'm not a lawyer or legalistic in any way, but I do not understand what the TH's mean when they say the defense team is doing what they're supposed to by "muddying up the waters". Well, how is that seeing justice done? How is that doing what you're supposed to do? If she's guilty, she deserves a fair trial, but shouldn't that be a fair trial about the truth? Not a bunch of made up crap, smoke and mirrors to confuse the jury so they forget the horrible things she's done?

Sorry for the off-sides rambling. I got on a roll... :/

MHOO

I still don't understand our justice system- even if it's explained that the defense is "doing their job". A lie is a lie.

And this is probably stated farther on but the very last thing Lenore Watkins said on NG, the very last thing, was that she saw (not a direct quote) no BWS in this case.

I saw that too. Take that JW! Can Juan get back up and actually quote something to show the jury that JW was wrong and Demarte was correct? Seems like JW is just trying to trip her up and instead she is calling JW out on things she is saying wrong. Love it.

Remember the frustrated messaging, when Travis said JA was the worts thing that had ever happened to him? He spoke of her complaining, crying, and manipulating..and this is confirming t for the jury.

The DT entered it to show how 'mean' Travis was..instead we see through JAs own actions in the courtroom that he was only speaking the truth.

(right about now the judge and jury might say the same thing..)

Great post!

I saw that too. Take that JW! Can Juan get back up and actually quote something to show the jury that JW was wrong and Demarte was correct? Seems like JW is just trying to trip her up and instead she is calling JW out on things she is saying wrong. Love it.

Too bad they can't call LW as a rebuttal witness.

K

My money is on Arias calling in sick today making it basically a five and a half day weekend ...

She can't call in sick. There is a doctor there that would determine whether or not she is sick or not. If she was playing games by claiming things a doctor cannot prove they will medicate her and send her on her merry way. I believe she is not eating as she looks as if she has lost some weight from last week.

She could end this by changing her plea, I believe, and ask the judge to decide her fate. I think she would do better with the judge. jmo

No Court Friday April 19th
No Court Monday April 22nd
No Court Friday April 26th

So I just listened to the clip where JW calls Dr Demarte a *****.

I hear it. I listened on 3 different videos to make sure. It really sounds like she is saying that.

What I don't understand is that s he is miked. She knows she is miked.. Seems like an amateur mistake for someone who really is an established attorney. She is not dumb, she is doing her best to save Jodi's life. I just don't see her being this careless. I hope it was something else and just sounds that way. But if we heard the jury heard it too ;)

I haven't read back yet but this morning I was hoping to see JW found in contempt and fined by the court for her "b____" muttering yesterday.

That's how much it's bothering me that JW gets away with so much unprofessionalism. It's time she is called out for it.

Woah, JW actually call Dr. D a b*&^% under her breath???

Too bad they can't call LW as a rebuttal witness.

K

After what she just said on Nancy Grace?

--------------------
“If Jodi Arias was lying about Travis Alexander abusing her, could she still be a battered woman?” Grace asked Walker.

“Sure. Battered women lie all the time. That’s how they stay alive. That’s how they deal with the shame that they feel, so lying is not new for battered women,” Walker said.
---------------

Did you catch that?

I thought Dr. Walker was awesome. I'm glad to hear from her own words that she still uses her 6 step. Why on earth would JW say otherwise!! :facepalm:

I suspect ALV told her that. JW was fishing all day yesterday for DrD to drop ALV's name or theories as something she resourced. "Have you read any books on DV?" Have you, have you, well have you. :facepalm:

Has there been confirmation from an official source or are you just reciting a rumor?

If he is returning, then that's bad news. His sequence of events is crazy, makes no sense.

I have agreed with his sequence of events from the beginning and posted several times. I believe the stabbing came first, as she surprised him with the shower in his face. Makes perfect sense that she shot him last to make sure he was dead. Then locked his door. The ME was very clear.

I am so sorry. Your headaches sound just like mine. Doctors have tried everything. I am getting older now so I don't have them as frequently. But when I was young, the doctors had no way to treat it and thought it was all in one's mind. I can't tell you how many times they wanted me to try anti-depressants. The doctors ignorance on the subject was the only thing depressing me! The meds are better now. But, as you described, even with the latest meds, I must be in a cold dark room for hours and up to three days. It takes a chunk out of your life. Doctors are saying there is now research showing people who have history of migraines are prone to having strokes.

My SIL has had 2 strokes & she also suffers from severe migraines. I totally relate to having headaches when the medical community had no drugs to help! Not fun.

There's a hearing listed for the docket today.

4/18/2013 005 - ME: Hearing - Party (001) 4/18/2013

Could they discuss previous motions in these?

NOTE: DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO COMPEL; JOURNALS SEIZED FROM MS. ARIAS’ JAIL CELL ON OR ABOUT APRIL 1, 2013
4/9/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 4/9/2013
4/7/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/8/2013
NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE; ANY AND ALL EVIDENCE RELATED ANY WEIGHT ASSESSMENTS OR TESTING ON SHELVING AT PLACE OF DEATH

ps. I'm a JM fan too *struts new avatar* but I don't think we should be talking about his personal life.

Excuse my ignorance but what does this mean?

I made my DH watch the exchange between JW & DrD regarding Lenore Walker & he said it was his impression that JW isn't that bright & she was trying to be like Juan Martinez, but she didn't understand the subject matter well enough to pull it off. She's not a great lawyer & she was out of her depth.

The difference is that The Prosecutor commits it all to memory. He does not shuffle papers and he does not search for questions in his facts. HE knows what he is going to ask and he only ever gets snippy with witnesses when they refuse to answer the question.

JW is coming off desperate and unwilling to accept the expertise of an obviously accomplished Psychologist.

I found this last night and thought I'd share. I was at Alyse's website and I had clicked on the "Alyse in the news" tab and this woman's name was in a blurb about a radio show Alyse did several years ago. In fact all of the little links in the 'news' tab were YEARS old, which is funny to me and typical of Alyse. Old news. Anyway, this link is to a story about a woman who's story is eerily familiar to Jodi's 'story', namely her marriage was only a few months old and she has changed her story many times about the details of the killing. Am I crazy? Tell me what you think.

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-10...da-clubine-sue-osthoff-murder-trial-testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela