trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
regardless of religion. People in their 20's are generally going to have sex whether their religion permits it or not. Thus has it always been since the beginning of people. Religions try to control sexual behavior but premarital sex is hardly uncommon in ANY religion that I'm aware of.

I was raised Catholic and my husband was too but he lived in Utah for some time and knew many Mormons. Both religions preach against premarital sex and adherents of both religions act pretty much the same in regard to it. There is always the unusual person who stays a virgin until they marry but those people are fewer and fewer the older you get.

Because Mormons are generally encouraged to marry young, after their mission, it's probably the case that more Mormons are virgins when they marry because they marry younger. But not too many people in any religion are going to be virgins when they turn 30.

It's pretty clear that premarital sex is common in the LDS community.
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14492575

I actually think she filled the cans in SLC because gas was cheaper in Utah than California. Do we know whether she filled the tank before returning the rental car?

I don't have link for the testimony but I think she did fill her car in Elko Nevada so you might be right, she might have used the SLC cans before returning the rental car.

Wasn't Jodi in SLC to visit RB anyways? Moot point, just sayin'.

She went inside to pay with cash when the 3rd credit card transaction failed at the pump.. I think?

I thought I also heard that. Something from the witness about Jodi may have hit a limit of 2 or something at the pump and it forced her to have to go inside for the 3rd transaction? Did anyone else get that understanding that the gas pumps have some kind of limit of 2 transactions at the pump per person and it would not allow her the 3rd at the pump?

Not sure if I heard it correctly when the witness was talking.

This is America and we do have the death penalty as LAW - Some folks post here from other countries that do not recognize that. I happen to believe in the DP. If folks from other countries do not - Do not try to make up excuses for JA such as " Oh, she must have been abused as a child by her father ", etc. in an effort to keep her from the DP.

Can they just change it to suit them like that? Personally, I still see premeditation, no crime of passion. The gas cans, the ninja story, the lying. I'm not buying anything Jodi is selling.

Also, the way these people talk over each other on HLN pains me. Unprofessional.

NO WAY should they allow 2nd Degree to come in (the Judge or Prosecutor with crime of passion)

the jury will see it as a weakness in the case. Mr Martinez would never do it

Jodi was having the time of her life today. She enjoys hurting people, and she thought that she was getting to hurt Deanna with Nurmi's sewer-brained questions. She had a gloating, smirking, smug look and she would try to catch Deanna's eye. She glared at her many times & when Deanna left the stand it was a look of pure evil from Jodi's face.

Willmott is morphing into her client--and that's got to be bad for business. Act like a professional!! Please!!

Jodi is pure evil. And I know the jury saw that clearly today.

----------
I believe she is so evil she doesnt realize her life is on the line. I think she is too busy watching everyone else. I also think (IMO) the DT. is humoring her in order to keep her calm. She is a loose cannon.
She was so envious of Deannna! :seeya:

I thought I also heard that. Something from the witness about Jodi may have hit a limit of 2 or something at the pump and it forced her to have to go inside for the 3rd transaction? Did anyone else get that understanding that the gas pumps have some kind of limit of 2 transactions at the pump per person and it would not allow her the 3rd at the pump?

Yes, you heard correctly. When paying by credit card, the card is only allowed to be used back-to-back twice to prevent credit card fraud. McDonalds has the same thing in place as I imagine many companies do. Therefore, she had to go inside in order to pay for the third transaction.

BBM~ That confused me as well. Maybe it's a blonde moment. ?

So, if I understand this correctly- Jodi had 3 gas cans in her possession since she lied about returning the 3rd gas can to walmart as proven today.

She filled 3 times but the third transaction required her to go in and swipe inside for security measures.

Why did Nurmi bring up "the cash" at the end?

I was on the floor laughing when Nurmi brought up about the cash being one exemption.

I was like what are you doing dude, are you trying to say she had four gas cans! What he was trying to prove

I will never know.

unless someone here can explain to me.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Imho, it is hard for Arias to capture the warmth and soul of her subject because she doesn't have one. She has no right to draw or do anything to the Alexander family.

It is now snowing in KS. I hope those in CA aren't too toasty with those 80 degree temps. Oh well, at least it is not ice.

Jodi used her credit card twice at the pump & the third swipe forced her to go inside to complete the third transaction due to fraud protection they use. She made 2 separate credit card purchases outside at the pump and one credit card gas purchase inside.

What grounds would they have to keep Dr. Horn off the stand?! He's a medical professional who has already testified. JM is well within his rights to recall him.

Geez are they desperate. :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
Beth didn't say, only that he is on the prosecution's rebuttal list and the DT wants to keep him off. He was a terrific witness in the CIC, and it stands to reason that Juan would recall him to refute Jodi's claim that she fired the gun first AND that Travis was able to go after her so much so that she had to stab him 27 times and slit his throat from ear to ear. Basically drive home the point that Jodi's version of the killing doesn't match the forensics. Whatever theories posters may have about whether Jodi shot Travis first or stabbed him, the State and Dr. Horn contend that the shot came last. Can't imagine the defense team wants the jury to get another dose of the good Dr. Horn.

I think if I see that ugly Elvis pic one more time on here, I'm not sure who's gonna scream louder, Elvis or me!

[video=youtube;0YAcoDkj_dI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YAcoDkj_dI[/video]

regardless of religion. People in their 20's are generally going to have sex whether their religion permits it or not. Thus has it always been since the beginning of people. Religions try to control sexual behavior but premarital sex is hardly uncommon in ANY religion that I'm aware of.

I was raised Catholic and my husband was too but he lived in Utah for some time and knew many Mormons. Both religions preach against premarital sex and adherents of both religions act pretty much the same in regard to it. There is always the unusual person who stays a virgin until they marry but those people are fewer and fewer the older you get.

Because Mormons are generally encouraged to marry young, after their mission, it's probably the case that more Mormons are virgins when they marry because they marry younger. But not too many people in any religion are going to be virgins when they turn 30.

I certainly have noticed that sex seems to be very popular among people.

Winnemucca, Nevada

Arias spends $49.91 on gas at a Flying J Travel Plaza. She also spends $4.90 on other items. There is no time stamp on the receipts for these purchases.

Sparks, Nevada

At 10:34 a.m., Arias buys gas at a 7-Eleven. It is not clear how much gas she bought. She also makes two purchases at an In-N-Out Burger at 10:38 and 10:43 a.m.

June 7, 2008:

Redding, California

At 12:20 p.m., Arias buys gas at a Valero.

At 1:08 p.m., Arias returns her rental car. She originally planned to return the car on Friday, June 6 at 8 a.m. Some time during the week, she apparently extended her rental until 9:30 a.m. Saturday, June 7. The rental agent testified that the car appeared to have "Kool-Aid" stains on the passenger seat and back seat and all the floor mats were gone.

In all, Arias traveled 2,834 miles.
Both stops in NV, however, would be after she left Salt Lake City as Winnemucca and Sparks are in northern Nevada.

So it appears she did not stop in NV (or at least there is no record of it) en route from AZ to UT.

MOO

BBM~ That confused me as well. Maybe it's a blonde moment. ?

So, if I understand this correctly- Jodi had 3 gas cans in her possession since she lied about returning the 3rd gas can to walmart as proven today.

She filled 3 times but the third transaction required her to go in and swipe inside for security measures.

Why did Nurmi bring up "the cash" at the end?

He also has the IQ of Einstein?

Jodi may be lying on this, but Travis seemed like a neat freak. I highly doubt Jodi did not have time after the killing to do 2 loads of laundry. As per the Flores report, the bedding was found in the dryer. :moo:

Elle, I haven't had a chance to go back, but I SWEAR when she was testifying she said Travis and she took the bedsheets to the washer after they had sex. (which of course is a lie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver