trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM~ If we didn't have it we wouldn't have hosts screaming into the microphone and sounding like used-car salespeople.

I know I like HLN during the day, just not when the "live" trial is on. Although, I do sometimes like the guests, the bad outweighs the good. :twocents:

I know what you mean. I have to say that I am an HLN fan for the most part though. I especially like Vinnie Politan, Mike Galanos, Ryan Smith, Nancy Grace, and also Dr. Drew. They all seem to be pretty sharp and on top of things. Also, I really appreciate that HLN is covering this trial so completely. It gives me options that I otherwise would not have, such as listening to it on XM when I'm in my car. Is it perfect, maybe not, but what if we didn't have it? Thank God for HLN, imo.

Yes, she did testify they were using "the rope" on the sleigh bed. That is impossible imo.

Did Jodi actually claim that she was tied up to the bed, or just tied up? Because I don't see how she could have been tied to the headboard of a sleigh-type bed.

I wished they'd delved into voids. I don't think it's possible, but could there have been a void?

I have had same day returns before and I have gotten cash, but the charge stayed on my credit card. I don't EVER think that's happened where the people didn't write all over my receipt though. I believe i've had this happen at smaller businesses, with the cash thing. Not walmart. If you don't have a receipt, walmart will give you a gift card to use to buy more stuff later. But I believe you get print outs with that, as well.

I figured the defense would go that route or go the void route. I was surprised they didn't try something. Why do you think they didn't even bother to question the Walmart thing?

Strangely, I saw some people on youtube defending Jodi up and down about how this return could still be possible. It was very surreal.

No voids as a register would have been short money, ( follow me here ) if you void something out and refund money your drawer would be short.

I'm on the side of scissors to cut rope that you'd use in the bedroom, HOWEVER, you make a fair point about men and pocket knives. I know guys who carry them too, and maybe some of them would use it for this purpose too. Scissors just seem faster, easier and safer. Jodi claimed that Travis cut the "nooses" off her wrists with the knife she later used to butcher him. I don't believe she was ever tied up that night, but cutting rope off her wrists with that same knife would have been risky.

No, IIRC, she said the nooses were very loose and she slipped her hands out of them quite easily. (NOT that it ever even happened, though!)

OK, did JM question ALV about it?

Edit: Never mind, I checked and it was actually Samuels who said that Jodi told him this.

What's the difference?

Arizona taxpayers shelled out $250/hour for both of them to listen to JA's lies.

my first thought was she wanted them full just in case so when she got back she would still have three full gas cans so obviously she had just gone to Utah and back and never needed to "use" them becasue she was stranded etc. so filling them in general was part fo the cover as she obviously HAD used the three cans to get to Mesa without filling up so they were empty and her "cover" would be blown unless she filled them.

But they were never found as far as I know so who knows what happened to them. Burned things, hid them somewhere back near her home for a getaway, who knows-I cna in now ay pretend I understand how that mind works.

I thought I heard that the cans she got from DB were left at her grandparents house. Anyone else hear that?

Forget about bondage play. Common sense will do just fine. They stretched out a 25 foot rope across the bedroom and into the bathroom for him to cut it with a knife? For one, she said the rope was about 25 ft so why the need to cut it if they needed about that amount? 2. Fun and erotic chit spending time stretching out the rope in preparation? (Not.) 3. How the frig did they use it around a sleigh bed? Oh, and why did TA need a deadly knife to cut the friggin' rope? Why not scissors?

arararar!:floorlaugh:

moo

There are good reasons to use a knife to cut the rope. One is that you can't find your scissors. The other is, you're a bachelor who doesn't even have scissors. The scissors are too dull to cut the rope. The rope is too thick to be cut by the scissors.

JM questioned Jodi at length about how they used the rope on the bed, but she seemed like she was on all kinds of drugs, dazed or something, as she tried to answer his questions.

I agree with everyone that you don't need to stretch out 25 feet of rope in the house to figure out how much needs to go on the bed. Where does this length of rope come from? What was it normally intended for? Because I can't believe Travis or Jodi bought 25 feet of rope with the intention of using it on the bed. Why not just buy 14ft? You can get rope by the foot at home depot. So what the hell?

And, what is she going to say? Jodi committing fraud with Travis' bank accounts? oh ":please: bring it on!

BAMK FRAUD INVESTIGATOR Suzie Dittman

:Banane45::Banane45::Banane45::Banane45::Banane45::Banane45::Banane45:

I don't think that there was any rope either, but here is JA's set up (and it is quite doable -- not that I'd want to!):

The rope goes around the whole back of the headboard and the ends that come around the sides to the front are made into nooses for the wrists:
noose--------------------------------------------------noose
The fog must have set in during the part of her testimony when she described the rope going around the headboard first (actually, I couldn't stomach every minute of every hour of her direct examination by Nurmi). Thank you--this info certainly makes the story more plausible except for the fact that its sole purpose is to give Jodi access to a knife and bring up yet another example of Travis sexually degrading her. Now that you bring this up, I remember JM asking her under cross about what happened to the rope after Travis cut the "nooses" from her wrists. Did the larger piece fall behind the headboard? What about the pieces that had been tied to her wrists?

No, IIRC, she said the nooses were very loose and she slipped her hands out of them quite easily. (NOT that it ever even happened, though!)

ALV said JA told her he cut the rope after sex and left the knife on the night stand.

I think this is exactly what she did. She took pictures of pictures so that she could plant them on his camera. She then changed her mind and tried to delete them...

I don't think this will come out in trial and probably shouldn't as it will simply confuse the most relevant issues (primarily pre-med) but somewhere along the line, we might just find out what really happened.

moo

She took pictures of herself as a brunette before 6/4 on TA's bed? I doubt it.

She can't ever negate human error and she acknowledged it right up front. I think, from the question, that one of those jurors knows what kind of employee fraud that goes on at Wal-Mart and asked about the dummy sku because of that.

My answer to that is more questions. Like who in that town would want to set all that up for Jodi? And if an employee is scamming, what in the world do they have to gain? Jodi claims SHE got the cash. What are the odds she got to an employee who happened to need a gas can?

I mean, she was just passing through town. If there was a scam with an employee she knew, why couldn't she just get the person to give her the can for the cash and NO receipt?

All that elaborate dummy sku stuff for $13? :facepalm:

Which begs the questions--why did she spell Sku "skew?"

I'm on the side of scissors to cut rope that you'd use in the bedroom, HOWEVER, you make a fair point about men and pocket knives. I know guys who carry them too, and maybe some of them would use it for this purpose too. Scissors just seem faster, easier and safer. Jodi claimed that Travis cut the "nooses" off her wrists with the knife she later used to butcher him. I don't believe she was ever tied up that night, but cutting rope off her wrists with that same knife would have been risky.

IMO, there was no rope or JA's fantasies of being tied to the bed that day. That was just another one of her stories to go along with her "story". She had the very sharp knives that she brought and intended to use on Travis.

Forget about bondage play. Common sense will do just fine. They stretched out a 25 foot rope across the bedroom and into the bathroom for him to cut it with a knife? For one, she said the rope was about 25 ft so why the need to cut it if they needed about that amount? 2. Fun and erotic chit spending time stretching out the rope in preparation? (Not.) 3. How the frig did they use it around a sleigh bed? Oh, and why did TA need a deadly knife to cut the friggin' rope? Why not scissors?

arararar!:floorlaugh:

moo
And don't forget - samuels says her ankles were tied as well!! lol

I hope the jury remembers one of their questions about Victor Arias Costa Rica, ja looked like she didn't know who the judge was talking about for a second or two, then guess it clicked and she answered the question.

Can't remember the question but it was about him.

IIRC, she said both and contradicted herself. First, she said they were "taut" and couldn't slip her hands out easily, but then she said they were loose enough to get her hands out. Another lie she was tripped up in.

I found today's witnesses to be so refreshingly normal. Not once in the questioning did I think "who does that" or "am I the only one who thinks you are batshit crazy"?

Absolutely! Nice, normal people just making their way through their lives, and telling the truth!! Very refreshing.

And, what is she going to say? Jodi committing fraud with Travis' bank accounts? oh ":please: bring it on!

Maybe to show what she was going on with those deposits on 6/3?

Maybe she used his PIN illegally?

I found today's witnesses to be so refreshingly normal. Not once in the questioning did I think "who does that" or "am I the only one who thinks you are batshit crazy"?

ITA. They were all very credible. Deanna seems like a really, really nice lady. Very genuine and well spoken. I'm glad TA left Napoleon to her in his will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver