trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of late in the game, it sound like the judge is FINALLY taking charge of her courtroom. Wish she'd done this a lot earlier.

I think Arias will get a retrial (after the guilty verdict) and it will be due to how the Judge dealt with this case.

So, the only witnesses left for Juan are the bank rep and the ME or am I missing someone? If tomorrow is a short day and JSS made the comment that they would stay as long as it took on Wednesday and that it may go past 5:00, I'm thinking they were granted their surrebuttal and the psychologist will testify on Wednesday. Particularly because she made the comment that due to scheduling a witness wouldn't be available on Monday or Tuesday.

Who is siting beside Donavon? Is that JA's new boyfriend, or is that another woman?

I don't think he was addicted to Jodi. A lot of people are infatuated with someone at first and then realize that was all it was.

If he was addicted then he broke his addiction on May 26th when he told her the truth that he no longer wanted her in his life.

if anyone was addicted to anyone it was JA that was addicted to Travis and refused to leave him alone and murdered him because she knew it was over and even her big bag of sex tricks no longer worked.

Travis did not pursue JA. He hadn't even seen her since she moved in April 2008. Addicted Travis was not.

Understood.

However it might be semantics but I believe Jodi was OBSESSED with Travis more than addicted. She could take or leave Travis but she couldn't have Travis LEAVING her. Not after Darryl also said he would refuse to marry her as well. That would be two men, back to back, telling Jodi that she was not marriage material.

I will have to respectfully disagree on your opinion of Travis. I still believe Travis was addicted to Jodi or rather the type of sex she introduced and offered to him.

If Travis had truly broken things permanently on May 26th then he would have, if he truly DID know Jodi was coming to visit him on June 4th (I'm not certain he really knew she was on her way to see him), asked her to not come out to visit him. Or if he didn't know she was coming and she just "showed up" again uninvited refuse to sleep with Jodi even if she did come bearing KY.

No, I still think Jodi was like a drug to Travis.

And having parents much like Travis had I can tell you that addictive personalities are genetic. You don't have to be addicted to substances it can be anything. And sadly I think for Travis kinky sex with Jodi was his drug of choice.

But again that's just my opinion.

Looked like Donovan was sucking her thumb.

To those people who are saying Jodi doesn't need glasses, etc.

Not all people need glasses to read, you know that right? However, they need them to see far away.

She wouldn't need to move them to see up close if they weren't corrective.

I actually have 2 friends that do the exact same thing she does.

Lol ok sorry I seem to have offended many glass-wearers on here. I was just saying I think she is just wearing them to downplay her "sexiness" so that's why I think it's all fake. The way she plays with them does seem fake to me though, sorry.

Was there just one jury question, or more?

More than one, it doesn't look good to the defense since it takes them so long to argue with the judge. I notice Juan went over them pretty quickly and handed them all to Nurmi like more than 10 minutes ago.

even if Travis agreed to take her to Cancun..I still think she would have killed him that day. She planned to kill him no matter what he said.

She drove all of the way over there like that astronut.
A gun is stolen from her residence. Gas cans borrowed and money. Another gas can bought and claimed returned. Hair is colored. Loses and then miraculously finds car phone charger. License plate gets taken off by three random skateboarders. On some level...she knows she is screwed. Has to.

What is that hole between her lips. Never noticed it until someone posted about it and now I can't see anything else. Yuk!!!

:floorlaugh: Its the lying liar hole..its the snake-tongue hole that appears when evidence shows what a liar she is.

JA has a similar build to her grandma.

And Stephen - I rarely take shots of them but this little smile was lovely

Attachments

• jagrandmother.jpg
    jagrandmother.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 108
  • stephen.jpg
    stephen.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 107
FYI: JA's timeline for 6/3, day before murder:

6/3/08; ~7a Pacific Grove CA JA visited/breakfast with ex-bf, DarrylB and son; borrowed 2 red gas cans (5 gal each); JA used DB's computer to check email; JA told DarrylB she was going to visit his sister in Pasadena CA.

6/3/08; btw 9a-10a JA called DarrylB

6/3/08; ~10a Pacific Grove CA JA returned back to DarrylB's house; according to DarrylB, JA gave DarrylB "a remote control"; JA said she does not remember

6/3/08; 10:10a Monterey CA JA made deposits in Washington Mutual (Alvarado St) accounts.

6/3/08 Salinas CA JA said she had manicure. (?Hair dyed brown? ?Brazilian wax ?~2.5 - ~4 hrs depending on svcs)

6/3/08; 12:37p JA called TA; 17 seconds

6/3/08; 1:51p JA called TA; 170 seconds/2.83 mins

6/3/08; 2:12p States #637; self photo of JA with brown hair; taken on JA's Helio phone

6/3/08; 2:25p States #636; self photo of JA with brown hair; taken on JA's Helio phone

6/3/08; 2:28p States #638; self photo of JA with brown hair; taken on JA's Helio phone

6/3/08; 3:22p Salinas CA Walmart receipt; $43.90; facial cleanser x2, sunblock x2, 5 gal kerosene container; Paid in cash; JA said she returned kerosene container, received cash and didn't get a receipt. JM said Walmart-Salinas has NO RECORD of return of any 5 gal kerosene container that day.

6/3/08; 8:16p JA called TA; 129 seconds/2.15 mins

6/3/08; 8:31p Pasadena CA CVS receipt; SE #237.009; Health Care Eligible $6.37, but it does not show us what was purchased...YET. [?KY jelly?]

6/3/08; 8:34p JA called TA; 49 seconds

6/3/08; 8:41p Pasadena CA Starbucks receipt; $10.85; MC #2015; CCake Stawb & Crm 1.95, Sand Egg Salad 5.95, Scone Vanil Petit 0.75, TL Syrp Crmfr 2.90,; JA saw pesky skaters around her car. Picked up front licence plate off ground, threw in car on floorboard.

6/3/08; 8:42p Pasadena CA ARCO Gas - three gas purchases (car and gas cans);

6/3/08 "AUBURN BROWN" Leaving Pasadena CA JA testified her hair was "auburn brown" when driving from Pasadena to Mesa.

In AZ the jury is allowed to ask questions of the witness about any part of their testimony, not just be limited to what was brought up by the witness in rebuttal, correct?

If yes, Nurmi was planting seeds to get them to inquire far afield of Juan's rebuttal that was limited.
MOO

They can ask about anything that comes up during direct or cross, but only during the rebuttal case. Not prior testimony.

Jodi looking back. Is Grandma still there?

She is definitely looking back.

She had to have paid cash or it would be traceable on her credit or debit card.

During Juan's cross of JA she said she had between $100-$200 in cash on her that she kept for "emergencies", so she could have very well paid in cash for nails and hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth