trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why did she use TWO credit card transactions for the first part? I undertsand about one for the 5gal one she wanted to hide, but why would she use two swipes for the rest? Also if she was so careful about that third gas can, why did she keep the Wal-Mart receipt? Do you think she just didn't notice that she put that in the box with the other receipts?
I do think she forgot to hide the gas can receipt, but decided lying about returning it was a satisfactory way to cover it. She had never met JUAN!!!

Jean Casarus (sp?) just said on HNL that she has paid with credit cards for items - and gotten cash in return. Whaaat? That has never happened for me. They always say that you get the refund in the form you paid for it: Credit card gets credit card refund. Cash gets cash. Has anyone besides JC gotten cash for credit card charge??

I have....not at Walmart --- they put it back on the card...

I wonder what the DT is telling their client about how thing seem to be going for her.

I got the feeling that Nurmi didn't expect Deanna to admit to a sexual relationship with Travis.....then he asked ...was it just once? No....was it several times? yep!

Nurmi seemed to be thrown off for a few minutes.

He said that?
that is sweeeet!
There should be a little bed-side book of Juanisms...
Amazon are you listening.
And maybe a book on tape of Detective Flores,,
using his gentle voice.
Doesn't matter what he is reciting.
it'll just be soothing.

Detective Flores could read me the phone book in that soothing voice and I would be content, or the dictionary... would not matter to me.

Am I wrong or did JA give a different version of how she met Travis. IIRC, she said he just walked up to her at the PPL event and introduced himself to her.

But I thought the friend of Travis', can't recall his name, said that he's the one who introduced Travis to her.
Jodi was part of a PPL team run by one of Chris's Hughes' brothers--first name David. He did an interview with Jane Veez Mitchell several months ago in which he told the story about how he thought she might be someone Travis would like and mentioned Jodi to him. The intro happened at the convention in Vegas. Interview is easy to find via Google.

Were these items offered as a storewide BOGO, or does Jodi like to buy duplicates of everything? Two sunscreens and two acne wipes? Among her many mental health issues, was Jodi into hoarding, too?

It wasn't BOGO because she was charged for both of them on the receipt. I even believe the sunscreen was a bonus pack, so in reality she had 4 things of sunscreen? Where was she going where she needed 4? So odd.
Walmart typically does not offer BOGO w/o any coupon.

Why does it annoy you? It is just a question.. Someone said her hair color was different soon after the murders. The hair dye had to come from somewhere.

She spent a long time in a salon the afternoon of the day she left California. She claimed she had to wait a LONG time to get her nails done, but Juan intimated that the same salon might have had hair services as well.

After that she apparently returned to Darryl's to return a "remote" that had inexplicably found its way into her car. Then she drove to Arizona.

Jean Casarus (sp?) just said on HNL that she has paid with credit cards for items - and gotten cash in return. Whaaat? That has never happened for me. They always say that you get the refund in the form you paid for it: Credit card gets credit card refund. Cash gets cash. Has anyone besides JC gotten cash for credit card charge??

Yes I have, more places used to do this but I think it's getting more and more rare. This happened to me recently at Lowe's, they asked if I wanted it back on the card or cash, Target has asked me before too.

I am so looking forward to the day the jury tells Jodi Arias that they see her as Juan Martinez has presented: a jealous murderous monster. They will then be hated in her eyes--she won't stand up and lick her lips and smile and stare at them. She will glare at them. And it will make me laugh!

Poor Jodi--she still needs them to sentence her to life and not death. But she'll be so consumed by hate, will she be able to beg for her worthless life?

It will be so satisfying to behold.

I have been wondering for some time if JA will cry real tears when she hears the verdict. Will she be shocked? Will she react? Looking forward to that moment.

Folks, while we are waiting it is a very good time to review the rules and secure your hand-sitting apparatuses. Rules can be found at the start of this thread. We don't want to lose anyone during rebuttal. It is up to everyone here to post responsibly. Once you hit submit it is a done deal.

<Picks up bowling pencil>
Writes note to self on sticky ... pastes it on forehead

It annoys me that people think that she bought hair dye at walmart (if you are watching HLN)

The purchases Jodi made that are on the Walmart receipt are
Gas Can
2 Sunscreen
and
2 Acne Wipes. NOT HAIR DYE!!!

I am convinced she got her hair dyed at the place she supposedly got her nails done. Betcha.

Am i the only one who tries to think of what I'd say to the jury if I was doing the closing statements.

Sigh. I need this trial to end, I'm going CRAZY...

Jean is ridiculous. Even if that did happen there would still be some record of the return. They aren't just going to open the drawer and hand her cash. And either way the gas can would have to be scanned back into the system at some point.

Jean and that dummy sku juror gotta stop reaching. If there is no record of a return it's because she never returned it.

:facepalm: Sorry for my previous exuberance, Mods and peeps!

:juanettes: Juanettes please note: group practice has been postponed until further notice. :giggle:

No problem. You just wanted us to be perfect :D

It annoys me that people think that she bought hair dye at walmart (if you are watching HLN)

The purchases Jodi made that are on the Walmart receipt are
Gas Can
2 Sunscreen
and
2 Acne Wipes. NOT HAIR DYE!!!

yes, that may be true, but JA doesnt look like she needed 2 jars of acne wipes..we all know she used those to wipe the brown hair dye off of her face and forehead while she was waiting for the dye to take in some bathroom somewhere between LA and Mesa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap