Trial Discussion Thread #28 - 14.04.17, Day 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from all the obvious flaws in Pistorius' testimony, what clinches it for me is the total improbability that he wouldn't have heard Reeva at some stage.

I personally believe that if there was indeed an intruder, there would have been some communication between him and Reeva. Not one way communciation - there would have been some response from her.

He's shouting - no response.
He shoots - no response.
He goes back to look for her (with his belief she is alive and hiding in the bedroom) - no response.

In reality, if he had shot the door and then went to find her, he wouldn't need to actively "look" for her in the bedroom, feeling the curtains etc. She would have most certainly made herself known. He is covering all his bases to create what he sees as his perfect version.

What a load of poppycock!

Given the judge sentenced a police officer for life for shooting his wife because "you are not a protector, you are a killer ... " I am hopeful that he will go down big time.

Although most of the evidence is circumstantial, I am hoping the witness accounts will be enough. I think it is expected that witnesses' accounts are never 100% accurate and the court will take any discrepancies at that value.

:jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail:

I agree. More than odd that OP is doing all the wispering, speaking in soft tones, yelling, screaming and crying. Not a word or sound out of Reeva or the phantom intruder.

I just watched the Sky News round up and typed this part of the exchange between Nel and Dixon re: the photo taken to show how much of OP would have been visible in the bathroom from the Stipps house.

I've put in little breaks where Nel pauses, and used italics when he stressed anything :smile:

Nel: You're giving the court an indication of how much the accused would have been visible on his stumps... then you give us a photograph that does not reflect that..... why would you hand in that photograph.... or... even take that photograph

Dixon: I'm not trying to mislead the court Milady

Nel: That's what I'm testing... that's what I'm testing. You mentioned the word, Mr Dixon (pause). What I don't understand... if that's what you wanted to point out... why would you not ensure... that the person on his knees... stands on something, er, is lifted... to scale, because you're an expert. Why wouldn't you make sure that his height... is exactly... the height of Mr Pistorius on his stumps. Why would you not do that?

Dixon - Milady... it is something I omitted. I overlooked it at the time.

BIB. OP did not give a statement to the police. His attorneys asked for a continuance; that gave them time to create his Affidavit. OP sat in jail for 5 days before he went before the Magistrate for his bail hearing and presented his Affidavit through his attorneys.

i see. thanks for the information.

A local pub has recently opened in downtown Dublin, Ireland called THE LIARS TRIAL or euphemistically known as THE RUNNERS TRIAL.

Within a very short period the pub has become immensely popular with the local Irish community. Anyone performing stand-up comedy or acting is rewarded with an OSCAR…a pint of locally manufactured draft. Any woman that returns from the toilet is entitled to FOUR SHOTS of a local drink call THE KILLER(tequila).

The pub has a fierce local Irish Terrier named GERRIE as its mascot… rumoured to bring POETIC JUSTICE or luck to the patrons who all have a common identity. Gambling is popular amongst the local patrons as a form of wagering money. Wagers are referred to as I PUT IT TO YOU’s. A popular wager is whether Pistorius will be found to be a “FACTORY FAULT”.

Most patrons would like to see Pistorius found GUILTY of PREMEDITATION and believe that LANDMAN is just a terrorist who undermines the Judiciary and the National Prosecuting Authority whilst poising as a human rights activist.

The lasses who frequently visit the pub displaying an array of fashion are referred to as AIMEE’s, whilst the person responsible for cleaning up any mess is known as OLDWAGE and his assistant as UNCLE ARNOLD.

Two of the popular dishes available are the MASIPA and the MANGENA. The bouncer or strongman at the door of THE LIARS TRIAL is called BARRY ROUX and is known to be a staunch defender of the DISORDERLY, and is fond of just taking their money whilst offering an illogical and poor defence.

The toilet or piss latrine is appropriately referred to as THE DIXON. It is reported that LIES, TEARS, AGGRESSIVENESS, BLAMING, CONVENIENT AMNESIA, WOMEN ABUSE and RETCHING are considered as ANTI SOCIAL PERSONALITY DISORDERs.

Any patron who gets “pissed” or found to be unable to hold their drink is called a PISTORIAN. THE LIARS TRIAL have warmly welcomed South Africans however would like to make it clear that no pistols, ZOOMBIE STOPPERS and PISTORIANS are allowed. BLACK TALONS are illegal in Ireland.

Cooment found on this link which I thought was too witty not to post here:

http://www.news24.com/Multimedia/Video/SouthAfrica/Oscars-trial-day-25-summary-20140417
Witty? Usually the Irish are wittier than that.

A local pub has recently opened in downtown Dublin, Ireland called THE LIARS TRIAL or euphemistically known as THE RUNNERS TRIAL.

Within a very short period the pub has become immensely popular with the local Irish community. Anyone performing stand-up comedy or acting is rewarded with an OSCAR…a pint of locally manufactured draft. Any woman that returns from the toilet is entitled to FOUR SHOTS of a local drink call THE KILLER(tequila).

The pub has a fierce local Irish Terrier named GERRIE as its mascot… rumoured to bring POETIC JUSTICE or luck to the patrons who all have a common identity. Gambling is popular amongst the local patrons as a form of wagering money. Wagers are referred to as I PUT IT TO YOU’s. A popular wager is whether Pistorius will be found to be a “FACTORY FAULT”.

Most patrons would like to see Pistorius found GUILTY of PREMEDITATION and believe that LANDMAN is just a terrorist who undermines the Judiciary and the National Prosecuting Authority whilst poising as a human rights activist.

The lasses who frequently visit the pub displaying an array of fashion are referred to as AIMEE’s, whilst the person responsible for cleaning up any mess is known as OLDWAGE and his assistant as UNCLE ARNOLD.

Two of the popular dishes available are the MASIPA and the MANGENA. The bouncer or strongman at the door of THE LIARS TRIAL is called BARRY ROUX and is known to be a staunch defender of the DISORDERLY, and is fond of just taking their money whilst offering an illogical and poor defence.

The toilet or piss latrine is appropriately referred to as THE DIXON. It is reported that LIES, TEARS, AGGRESSIVENESS, BLAMING, CONVENIENT AMNESIA, WOMEN ABUSE and RETCHING are considered as ANTI SOCIAL PERSONALITY DISORDERs.

Any patron who gets “pissed” or found to be unable to hold their drink is called a PISTORIAN. THE LIARS TRIAL have warmly welcomed South Africans however would like to make it clear that no pistols, ZOOMBIE STOPPERS and PISTORIANS are allowed. BLACK TALONS are illegal in Ireland.

http://www.news24.com/Multimedia/Video/SouthAfrica/Oscars-trial-day-25-summary-20140417

Wow.
Some of that sounds (esp. the Oldwage thing) like someone might be reading my writings here or elsewhere.

And I often forget that in addition to Aimee and Carl, uncle Arnold was there prob very quickly, since we know that Aimee got there quickly, and Aimee lived with uncle Arnold then.

I just watched the Sky News round up and typed this part of the exchange between Nel and Dixon re: the photo taken to show how much of OP would have been visible in the bathroom from the Stipps house.

I've put in little breaks where Nel pauses, and used italics when he stressed anything :smile:

Nel: You're giving the court an indication of how much the accused would have been visible on his stumps... then you give us a photograph that does not reflect that..... why would you hand in that photograph.... or... even take that photograph

Nel: That's what I'm testing... that's what I'm testing. You mentioned the word, Mr Dixon (pause). What I don't understand... if that's what you wanted to point out... why would you not ensure... that the person on his knees... stands on something, er, is lifted... to scale, because you're an expert. Why wouldn't you make sure that his height... is exactly... the height of Mr Pistorius on his stumps. Why would you not do that?

But, as a test, how much (or where) do you see the Oscar-Speak?

Off topic here but have just been wondering who else the defence are likely to bring as witnesses
Ballistics
1or 2 closer neighbours
Both Standers
Psychologist
Can Op bring in friends for general character witness testimony ?
I am guessing close neighbours could be the most use to him .
What is everyone else's thoughts on others as I have read different reports of between 13 and 17 witnesses in total

There are 2 gun experts Thomas Wolmarans and Jannie van der Westhuizen who were listed in the below article as part of his expert team. I would think both would testify if they worked together on the opinion.

Plus one (or more?) persons from The Evidence Room, an American forensic animation firm based in Cleveland, Ohio that this article says was hired.

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/forensics-key-to-pistorius-case-1.494255#ixzz2zCH6ccAb

Could also be 1 or 2 of the people that Dixon said were doing the recordings for the sound test...???

All I can think of now.

Well ... that's quite something you wrote there, but my point was Baba was insistent he called OP first - insistent under repeated questioning. And he was wrong about that. When a witness if provably wrong about something he was adamant about, it stands to reason he might have been wrong about other things.
He was wrong about the sequence of calls, but it doesn't necessarily follow that he was mistaken about talking to OP and being told "everything's fine". Unless that's not what you're implying? Forgetting a particular sequence of calls is easy enough, but inventing words that were never said would take thought and calculation, in my opinion.

Wonder what the pub's plans are for once this trial is over. Pick another trial or stay on the Pistorius theme?

It must have been the magazine rack opening the door that caused him to involuntarily shoot the gun in sheer terror.

no he didn't shoot the gun, the gun shot the door. because the magazine rack moved. i saw it all because the blue led light was never covered by the jeans that were under the duvet on the floor, which was on the bed. and it was pitch black. or a bit dark.

and, my head hurts, because i have just been deafened by a jumbo jet flying over, or a gunshot.

Clearly tries to mislead the court and then states he is not trying to mislead the court. Did I pass the test?

100%

It is like when Oscar was testifying.

Some Oscarisms;
"I will try not to lie Milady" A lie
"I have not changed my story/version" each time he changed it.

Can you and everyone else please post your best Oscarisms in Oscar-Speak.

100%

Some Oscarisms;

"I didn't have time to think".... "I had many thoughts"

100%

Some Oscarisms;

That depends. Are you promising diplomas from the University of Oscar-Speak to those who pass your testing?

Thank you Soozie! I can see why the people in the overflow courtrooms were cheering and yelling. Mr. Nel was destroying yet another DT liar. And wow! Was he ever caught out by Nel!!!!

"I didn't have time to think".... "I had many thoughts"

Brilliant.

Of course the greateet/deepest one was found by Murphy's Law:

Why is/isn't she calling the police?

Murphy said he heard the word "is' and I placed the speaker near my ear and it sounded more like he said 'isn't.' But more importantly there is a great drop in his voice's volume (very telling) I found.

So as with many things in Oscar-Speak and Oscar-World, it is indeterminate.

But Murphy was right, and I said that if only the judge would study some Oscar-Speak, she would realize that Oscar was telling the world from the witness stand, that he killed Reeva becuase she was insisting on calling the police and not getting out of the toilet. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98