Trial Discussion Thread #28 - 14.04.17, Day 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was Roux who stated the 20, I'll have to confirm that, either way if the measurements were 1.1 to 1.55, that's more than 20. Just like Roux tried to tell Dr. Stipp that his call to security was at 3:27 and not 3:15:51 or thereabouts. Just more defense tricks imo.

http://www.enca.com/south-africa/oscar-trial-day-5-kicks-doc-who-tried-save-reeva

Dixon said repeatedly today the height difference was 20 cm

Roux is an old sneaky vampire, overrated and overpaid, should get cast as the next count dracula

That's true. What the defence team seems to be doing is muddying the waters with regards to what the ear witnesses actually heard.

If the witnesses cannot reliably differentiate between gunshots and cricket bat strikes then it creates a reasonable doubt as to what the first sounds were.

It reduces the prosecution to relying on the number of noises heard... <respect fully snipped >

BBM. Agree. IMO the DT strategy seems to be to 'blurr' the evidence before the Court.

:
According to OP his first reaction was to tell Reeva to call the police because he heard the sound of a woman using the bathroom.

After shooting Reeva, curiously, OP never called the police.

Never heard this, where???

On the first question: Why give yourself away by turning the light on? The intruder doesn't know your house, but you do - like the back of your hand. Why even the playing field with the lights on?

But he had already blasted through the toilet door with his black talons. And then supposedly, realised it might have been Reeva. There was no reason not to turn on the bedroom light at that point.

But he had already blasted through the toilet door with his black talons. And then supposedly, realised it might have been Reeva. There was no reason not to turn on the bedroom light at that point.

He wanted to see if neighbors were roused and likely calling police. And they were. But he didn't want neighbors to see him rearranging the scene.

We should really have a thread for 'quotes of the day'. My absolute favourite yesterday was when Dixon was testifying (expertly) about sounds... and Nel asked him if he was a sound expert... and after a pause, Dixon said something like: "I like to think my testimony is sound". Now that made me laugh!!

Ha! His testimony was anything but "sound." It was a three-ring circus!

I am astounded that the defense hired this guy to testify as an expert witness in this very high profile case when he has never done so in the past. It's his first. What were they thinking?!

The whole episode according to OP fails miserably right from the beginning. When getting ready to search for intruders everyone's immediate first reaction is to shake their partner and say "Did you hear that?" Hey wake up.

Anyone would first locate their partner because of the obvious danger of mistaking your partner for the intruder. The girlfriend could have gotten up for any number of reasons in the middle of the night. Hungry, bathroom break, thirsty, etc.

It is such a common occurrence that you always assume the noise is the partner not the other way around.

His story fails right from the start.
spot on unless you shot your gf in a rage and concocted a defence!!!

For a guy was so afraid of crime his security was sooo lax, alarm maybe not working, goes to sleep and leaves his gf awake with doors open! Not sure if his gf knew how to work alarm keys, didnt check that diy men had put ladders away etc

We should really have a thread for 'quotes of the day'. My absolute favourite yesterday was when Dixon was testifying (expertly) about sounds... and Nel asked him if he was a sound expert... and after a pause, Dixon said something like: "I like to think my testimony is sound". Now that made me laugh!!

LOL
Yes, and I made an immediate post that was "a Rumsfeld."
I wrote there are sound sound experts and unsound sound experts...

Dixon we now see was claimiing to be a sound sound expert, but most agree now that he is an unsound sound expert.

Of course if he has admitted to just being a layman, he is an unsound sound non-expert.

Dixon, I wrote, said he spoke with Oscar, and clearly quickly mastered Oscar-Speak--which is not easy.

Thus, despite what we may believe about Dixon, he is an intelligent man to some extent.

I seem to have small font syndrome :giggle:

I think the video clips might have done it, but iirc the blown margins go away once the page turns. Hope so anyway.

And thanks so much, Lisa, for that "feeling around for Reeva" chronology. Very helpful.

spot on unless you shot your gf in a rage and concocted a defence!!!

For a guy was so afraid of crime his security was sooo lax, alarm maybe not working, goes to sleep and leaves his gf awake with doors open! Not sure if his gf knew how to work alarm keys, didnt check that diy men had put ladders away etc

There you have the essence of OP's allibi: Doors open, fans blowing.
In other words... a lot of hot air.

According to OP his first reaction was to tell Reeva to call the police because he heard the sound of a woman using the bathroom.

After shooting Reeva, curiously, OP never called the police.

And when Baba (security) called him, curiously, he said "everything is fine."

I dont know if he could turn the lights on, on his stumps, was his house tailored for his disability?

He's about five feet tall without his prostheses, no shorter than many fully-limbed people (myself included). He is without the lower parts of his calves, and feet.

There you have the essence of OP's allibi: Doors open, fans blowing.
In other words... a lot of hot air.

Shouldnt laugh, but......!

Lol

you never know though he maybe telling the truth but his arrogant cocky personality who just must have the last word and argue with a top notch lawyer like as reported a cocky schoolboy trying to get one over a professor, just blew it for him

Silly little man!!

Lets not forget his lies about the restaraunt , oh the gun went off by itself,and stopped car incidents, oh what a horrible policeman he was chastising me for havinga loaded weapon and he went off smoking!

And his lies about keeping his dads ammunition in his safe...not communicated with his dad for years but he pops round every so often to stick his bullets in my safe! like his dad dont have a safe another gun enthusiast...daddy dearest refused to give any statement at all

Guys, you’re making me laugh. Lisa, great summary, and Magdalyn, giggling that you said Oscar has a bridge to sell you…in De Nile. ;)

Opps, even slow MSM reports Dixon was a good expert for the prosecution:
Oscar Pistorius's defence received a new blow after its own expert witness contradicted the athlete's version of events and was accused of omitting crucial details in court.
Roger Dixon, a geologist at the University of Pretoria and former policeman, told the court his analysis of Reeva Steenkamp's bruises and blood marks on the bathroom floor showed that the position of the magazine rack contradicted Pistorius's version, who insists it was moved.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ness-contradicts-athlete-version-9267841.html

He's about five feet tall without his prostheses, no shorter than many fully-limbed people (myself included). He is without the lower parts of his calves, and feet.
Now thats a bloody point!!! Thank heaven for clear minded people. I am 5 foot 3 and light switches lower than me now I think about it

yeah so whats all the bollox about fumbling in the dark then?? For your perceived shot GF??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper