Trial Discussion Thread #37 - 14.05.12 Day 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
V: But he couldn't get away, he has trouble moving on his stumps

ColonelMustard: If he could run 7 meters toward the danger he could certainly have run at least 7 meters out the door!

"he often said that he felt so guilty". Well of COURSE he's going to say that.

Dr V says OP's remorse 'was a recurrent theme'.

Nel asks what she had access to, re OP's versions. She says only what OP told her, nothing else......except a report by Dr Richard Hearns, an industrial psychologist???

What's an industrial psychologist? Did I hear right?

Wot the flipperty flip is an industrial psychologist?

Another witness being destroyed right before our eyes. Well not so much the witness but the DT

N: He wanted to shoot an intruder, is that what he said?

V: That's what he told me, yes.

Nel wants an adjournment and is bringing the application. If the case is referred and OP sectioned, he is done with the witness. If not, he wants her back.

Roux wants option to bring her back.

Witness exused for now, may have to come back TODAY, judge says.

Nel.. dealing with a general anxiety disorder... they have sweats, diahhorea... .etc..

Vos.. I did expect some of these symptoms to appear.. it wasn't unusual.

Nel. your purpose of this report was??

Vos. for the court to use as it finds applicable.

Nel. why did you say he was suffering NOW from depression??

Vos. that is his current mental state, he is on treatment ..

Nel. the fact that your raised remorse, ?? why?

Vos. he often spoke of his guilt, how guilty he felt.

Nel. . you haven't had access to the case docket in ths matter? no access to the investigating officer etc?
as far as the accused and his version was?? you never had access to his bail app.. you relied on what he told you in session?

Vos. yes..

Nel.. you didn't refer the accused for other consultations ?? with other clinical psychs?

Vos. I had access but didn't refer..

Nel. the interviews with him.. the status of this particular case form part of the interview.. what might happen to him?> his evidence, the fact that he has more than one version??

Vos. no.

Nel. sooo... the acuused feels guilty that he caused her death, he is remorseful about it ,he wanted to shoot an intruder, and his deep remorse is because he shot Reeva and not an intruder??

Vos. yes.

oh dearie dearie me.

Nel. speaks to the judge referring to the Section 77 ..

Roux. is up. disagreeing vehemently. you just cant bring an application.. you just cant do this ...

Judge. to Voster. you are excused for now. and depending on what ruling I make you may have to come back. you may wait outside..

Roux has gone on to toilet doors slamming and windows opening/facts and saying that has nothing to do with section 78???

Lost me there....

I worry that Nel seemed a little too gleeful. Geez, he almost busted one of those moves where you kick your legs up to one side and click your heels together.

Roux is still fighting as fiercely as he possibly can against this section77 thingy.. I don't think he saw this one coming. he is a bit at sea, yet at the same time in control and thinking on his feet, but with real skill..

Is Nel suggesting that OP should be referred for a psych evaluation?

I wonder if I can tell my boss I need to leave work early (i.e. NOW!) as I'm missing an important part of a trial I've been following?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia