Trial Discussion Thread #37 - 14.05.12 Day 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
whoa.. Nel is back he kindly asks for an adjournment, roux is unhappily agreeing. the witness has agreed to come back to morrow.

all over for the day. .. I need a large cup of harden the ****** up to cope with typing this TENSION out.

I have resorted to exercising in between refreshing my iPad to alleviate tension and have lost a kg following this trial.

the dt really look like being victims of their own 'tailoring'. waiting until the last minute to introduce witnesses, and then the witnesses are not well prepared.

2 meetings seems far too brief to be making these assessments.

Agreed. What is more curious to me is that her report was not done last year. She interviewed OP and his friends/family while the trial was going on in early May. That makes no sense to me at all. The way Roux handles gathering last minute experts and their testimony just looks so odd and desperate. He should have had all of this in his bag before the trial even started.

Did the witness allude to reading another psych evaluation of OP by someone named Richard Holmes iirc?

I wonder what the judge is going to decide? Nel is forcing her hand here. wow

:party:

If you are only reading this thread, and not actually watching todays of testimony, you absolutely must find a video link later today and watch this! It's been absolutely amazing!!!

OP is going to be carted off to a psychiatric ward for three (3) days of observation. Roux really messed up big-time by bringing this psychiatrist.

Also, Nel almost laughed out loud and called this OP's "Third Defense!"

Will be watching this all when I get home!

Agreed. What is more curious to me is that her report was not done last year. She interviewed OP and his friends/family while the trial was going on in early May. That makes no sense to me at all. The way Roux handles gathering last minute experts and their testimony just looks so odd and desperate. He should have had all of this in his bag before the trial even started.

Couldn't agree more

Dr Voster, also said, she interviewed Justin Di Varis.. no mention made of his input, but I found that a curious inclusion in her list of interviewees.. she had Oscar, naturally , Mrs Binge, who is?? an aunt?? Aiimee, and Carl, his coach , and his manager..

Thrilling stuff!

I've only just managed to catch up on the weekend's posts after our internet connection went down for a day. Have skimmed through without adding comments or thanks.

i am wondering if Nel is taking it too far. Is GAD really something that requires a mental health referral to hospital?
That's not really the issue. It's that the psychiatrist made one comment under cross that could be used to show diminished responsibility. It could a) come back to bite the State in an appeal, assuming the defendant is convicted and b) could bite Nel specifically if he doesn't pursue such a claim as I believe he's ethically required to. The psychiatrist opened the door to doubt.

Now, if the court rules against it - such a decision, for better or worse, is on the court but I believe Nel has to at least make an application for the reasons above. As well, it could also be a tactic by Nel to force the defence into a corner on their strategy and assertions as a result.

and Oscar will have to reapply for bail. once it is revoked should the section 77 go thru. . Oscar was so cockahoop getting bail..

I wonder what the judge is going to decide? Nel is forcing her hand here. wow

Do you believe Nel shouldn't have done this ?
I would think now it has been raised OP 's state of mind at the time of the shooting needs to be established ?

Not even Kelly Phelps will be able to dress today up as anything other than a disaster for the defence.

Personally, I think employing her may have something to do with just how damaging Oscar's testimony really was.

JMO

Just heard on whoop that the defence themselves have shot themselves in the foot and that's why Nel is going on the attack.

My OP Radio went down ...anyone else's go down too, or is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader