Trial Discussion Thread #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/20...ied-about-reputation-after-altercations-reeva

This article speaks about his LIES and the months with Reeva and an assault that happened to him in a Sandton club. He muddled Reeva up in this and had her lie for him. He pulls strings and has Mark Batchelor threatened by the (Hawk) cops.
I think his bad news on the 13th Feb was a loss of sponsorship following the incidents and cover-ups. I think his star was waning after the Olympics and his financial ambitions surpassed his finances / ego :furious:.
Perhaps like a petulant child he took this out on RS ,she argued and he silenced her. MOO.

Does anyone remember specifics about OP's white iPhone? The two cellphones police took as evidence on the scene were his white iPhone and Reeva's black iPhone. Both were in the bathroom...hers was peeking out from under the bath at that he had laid his gun on, and his was found under bloody towels.

From what I recall, the white iPhone (4949) was his work cell. He usually kept that cell on the charger in the kitchen to charge overnight. There was no activity on that cell after early evening on the 13th. The cell that had activity (calling Stander, Baba, Netcare, etc.) was his personal cell. This is the one that wasn't turned over until the bail hearing.

If his work cell was on the charger, that means he grabbed it and brought it upstairs with him after he unlocked the door for Stander? He brought it into the bathroom, but he didn't use it. And he hid it under bloody towels. My question is why? Does anyone remember an explanation for his work cell being in the middle of the crime scene, but unused?

Hi Greater Than... check out my summary for that day. It includes how Oscar responded when questioned about the phones. Of course it involves that pesky, selective memory loss again :facepalm:

https://juror13lw.wordpress.com/2014/04/14/oscar-trial-day-22-part-1-oscar/

Were there any images showing cups or drinking glasses in the bedroom as OP stated in his testimony that Reeva asked him if he wanted a cup of tea and then he "went back up to my room" while she was making it?

E.T.A Found out there was after looking at Lisalinger's images :D

David SmithVerified account @SmithInAfrica
Versfeld: #Pistorius said, "I fall about once a week or every two weeks... I bath rather than shower because I can't stand long."

OP testified that he only takes baths, because standing on his stumps is painful (i.e., he’s “vulnerable” and "anxious" due to “limited mobility”).

“I usually SHOWER as I wake up to get my day going, after my morning gym session I usually have an ice bath or SHOWER again. ... I just use shower gel: *advertiser censored*Men Hair and Body Shampoo. It is very gentle and scents my skin with the elegant fragrance of *advertiser censored*Men. And if I’m in the bath, throw salts in it for relaxation.”
- Oscar Pistorius, 9.1.2011

http://thegroomingguide.com/icon/oscar-pistorius/

What does this tell us?

OP is a stone-cold 100% LIAR.

One more vile, calculated lie in his toxic house of cards.

This killer has ZERO credibility.

Even he cannot hide from the internet.

Gerrie Nel really doesn't have to try very hard - Oscar Pistorius is convicting himself.

He even contradicted himself within the space of a couple of sentences during his testimony .. he was saying that (in his version of events), while Reeva was downstairs cooking dinner, he went upstairs to have a shower .. then he proceeded to talk about running a bath!

WHY, indeed, was neighbor Mike the first and only witness to ever mention Reeva as “fiancee”?! Where did THAT come from??? *wink* Remember - most of OP’s bail restrictions were tossed, including talking to neighbors. (Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.) And TALK to them I guarantee you he did. Oscar is a lot of things but shy is not one of them.

~rsbm~

Yup, those were my immediate thoughts when that witness testified .. that OP had spoken to him and asked him to say that .. I don't believe for one minute that OP ever introduced Reeva to him as his fiancee.

http://news.iafrica.com/sa/952188.html

Oscar: State files final arguments

"National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokesperson, Nathi Mncube, says they filed the closing arguments in the North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria on Wednesday. The defence is expected to file its closing argument next Monday. Final arguments will be heard from next week Thursday."

Casual next-door neighbor Mike testified that OP introduced Reeva as his “FIANCEE”.

“That’s correct, My Lady, I never got the opportunity to tell Reeva that I loved her.”
- Oscar Pistorius, April 10 2014 testimony

Wait, what??? Doesn’t “I love you.” usually come BEFORE “Will you marry me?”?

“We were deeply in love and I could not be happier. I know she felt the same way.”
- Oscar Pistorius, Bail Application

Wow, really?

HOW could he possibly know what she felt?

He never told her he loved her.
She never told him she loved him. (Not until her Valentine’s Day card, which he supposedly didn’t open till August 2013...when he couldn’t even get her birth date correct).

Yet, as if by magic, she was suddenly his “fiancee” - 4 days before the shooting!

(NOTE: During Mike’s testimony, OP NEVER asked Roux to correct him on “fiancee”. Ever wonder why?)

Lies upon Lies upon Lies.

There’s only one of two possible explanations:

1) Mike has a very poor grasp of the English language (not his first language?) and badly misunderstood Oscar.

or

2) Oscar coached/threatened/intimidated/$bribed Mike to throw in that “loving” little gem.

Problem for Oscar is, once again, credibility.

NO ONE - except for Mike - has ever mentioned “fiancee” (or engagement) - including Oscar.

Listen to Nel and Oscar here.
@:48 http://www.today.com/video/today/54915568

:goodpost:

I cannot describe in words how disgusted I am by the string of lies this excuse for a human being has told in court and under oath.

BIB - I don't think so. I think Nel would've specifically asked OP if Frank was in the house if he was planning to use it as a lie against him. I'm not sure about SA, but in the U.S. closing arguments aren't evidence. Nel can only argue and tie together evidence that is already before the court.

BIB: Same is true in South Africa.

About Frank:

On the day Carice Stander mentioned Frank in court Barry Bateman, a local journalist, told John Webb (in an interview on local Channel 199) that Frank had initially said that he had indeed heard/seen something that night. But when asked to give a statement Frank apparently did an about-face and said he'd heard/seen nothing.

Four men were at Tasha’s: OP, Fresco, Lerena and Martyn Rooney.

Why didn’t Rooney also testify?

Yes, I only found out a couple of days ago that Rooney was also at Tasha's, when I was reading up about him (after watching him in the men's 400m <<-- he came fourth in the finals last night, by the way, just missing out on medal :-( ) I was really surprised to have learned he was in the group when that gun was fired by OP .. not that it's any reflection on him, of course, but just that I hadn't realised he was there, and that the poor bloke had been caught up in all that crap of OP's.

BIB - How do you know those neighbors are black? And what does their race have to do with anything? They live in Silverwoods Estate. I would assume they are well-to-do, respectable people.

Thank you, GT. They are indeed respectable and well-to-do and black. I saw them. But I also fail to see what their race has to do with anything. The time when South Africa's rich and poor could be colour coded are gone. Race no longer determines wealth here.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/20...ied-about-reputation-after-altercations-reeva

This article speaks about his LIES and the months with Reeva and an assault that happened to him in a Sandton club. He muddled Reeva up in this and had her lie for him. He pulls strings and has Mark Batchelor threatened by the (Hawk) cops.
I think his bad news on the 13th Feb was a loss of sponsorship following the incidents and cover-ups. I think his star was waning after the Olympics and his financial ambitions surpassed his finances / ego :furious:.
Perhaps like a petulant child he took this out on RS ,she argued and he silenced her. MOO.

He IS a serial/pathological liar, isn't he. How anyone can continue to believe a word he says, and believes his BS version, is totally beyond me.

I'm curious to know what, if anything, was physically found on OP's 0020 iPhone (the one that went missing for 11 days). Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think any evidence was heard in court about any specific data extracted from this phone other than that "the phone was also analysed and the data downloaded by Captain Moller" and whatever was found was submitted as evidence and also provided to the defence. As Lisa suggests in her blog, I wouldn't be surprised if the disappearance of the phone and what was (or wasn't) found on it features in Nel's closing argument.

Interesting! So although we won't get to hear all of the heads of arguments, they are available to the public. I wouldn't like to see the size of that file on pdf!

So it is as I had noted earlier :(. How disappointing but I guess the documents will be too large even to be read into the records. I hope they will be published or available to view on line at some stage. We seem only likely to get to hear sections that need clarification/argument. Hopefully the press quickly will get their hands on a copy and create an abridged version for public consumption.

Hi Greater Than... check out my summary for that day. It includes how Oscar responded when questioned about the phones. Of course it involves that pesky, selective memory loss again :facepalm:

https://juror13lw.wordpress.com/2014/04/14/oscar-trial-day-22-part-1-oscar/

Lisa,
I've pasted the paragraph below from the link to your blog (hope you don't mind).

'The first time he hit the door he was screaming. He hit the frame of the door and got a shock. He wanted to hit the door a little more on the left (I think he meant right) because he thought if Reeva is inside he didn’t want the plank to hit her. He hit the door and it broke. '

I've always been totally amazed that he could be so insensitive to Reevas family by stating that he didn't want the plank to hit her after he's already blasted her 4 times with those type of bullets...............incredible !!

Something else I've just realised while viewing the bathroom photos on your site.
Has it ever been mentioned about the fact there are bloody towels on the bathroom floor next to the gun and the cricket bat etc?
I can't remember OP saying anything about trying to stop the bleeding in the bathroom so why are they there covered in blood ?

Does anyone remember specifics about OP's white iPhone? The two cellphones police took as evidence on the scene were his white iPhone and Reeva's black iPhone. Both were in the bathroom...hers was peeking out from under the bath at that he had laid his gun on, and his was found under bloody towels.

From what I recall, the white iPhone (4949) was his work cell. He usually kept that cell on the charger in the kitchen to charge overnight. There was no activity on that cell after early evening on the 13th. The cell that had activity (calling Stander, Baba, Netcare, etc.) was his personal cell. This is the one that wasn't turned over until the bail hearing.

If his work cell was on the charger, that means he grabbed it and brought it upstairs with him after he unlocked the door for Stander? He brought it into the bathroom, but he didn't use it. And he hid it under bloody towels. My question is why? Does anyone remember an explanation for his work cell being in the middle of the crime scene, but unused?

OP said BOTH of his phones were on the left-hand side bedside side table

OP said that after unsuccessfully trying to use Reeva's phone, he went into the bedroom, grabbed BOTH phones, took them BOTH into the bathroom… but used only one of them, the personal 0020 one.

This is a crock… because :

- neither of his phones would be charging
- both charging cables (bedroom and kitchen) would be unused
- contradicts Sam Taylor's testimony about OP's habits
- who needs 2 phones to make phone calls

I suspect that one of OP's 'trips' back upstairs was so he could plant the 4949 phone in the bathroom

Lisa,
I've pasted the paragraph below from the link to your blog (hope you don't mind).

'The first time he hit the door he was screaming. He hit the frame of the door and got a shock. He wanted to hit the door a little more on the left (I think he meant right) because he thought if Reeva is inside he didn&#8217;t want the plank to hit her. He hit the door and it broke. '

I've always been totally amazed that he could be so insensitive to Reevas family by stating that he didn't want the plank to hit her after he's already blasted her 4 times with those type of bullets...............incredible !!

Something else I've just realised while viewing the bathroom photos on your site.
Has it ever been mentioned about the fact there are bloody towels on the bathroom floor next to the gun and the cricket bat etc?
I can't remember OP saying anything about trying to stop the bleeding in the bathroom so why are they there covered in blood ?

I was looking at the bathroom photos too and think there's also bloody towels in the bath and you're right, I don't remember him saying he was trying to stem the bleeding in there. They may be ones that Carice Stander had used but I can't believe she'd have been allowed to put them upstairs once the police were on the scene but then again, they did allow OP to wash his face and hands!

E.T.A Just had a look again and didn't pay attention to the wording on the link of the photo but it does say that Van Staden put them into the tub.:rolleyes:

Even if that were true which I highly doubt, Frank could have given the court a run down of things after Reeva arrived on the 13th. Who did what, said what, ate what etc,. we only have OP's version, surely Frank heard and saw many things. Also, if an argument occurred while Reeva and OP were in the kitchen, he most definitely would have heard it and what it was about.
Frank is definitely not saying one word about anything, his whole livelihood would be counting on that. jmho.

BiB… totally agree : if Frank spoke, he could never again find a similar job.

The manner in which you phrase your post seems to suggest you believe Frank was walking freely about the house as one of OP's friend would.

I was under the impression Frank was a not a butler but a handyman/gardener… I don't see such an employee being allowed to roam inside OP's house.

Nevertheless, the fact remains we have absolutely no evidence Frank was even there… all we know is that Frank was present outside OP's house, fully dressed, at around 2:30AM when the Standers arrived (IIRC).

No one testified as per seeing Frank inside the house or come out of the house or go into the house.

Does anyone have info on where exactly on OP's property Frank lived, slept, ate, etc… ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper