Trial Discussion Thread #53 - 14.12.9, Day 42 ~ final verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP said he didn't fire a warning shot into the bathroom because it might ricochet and hit him. REALLY? So what were the chances of 4 shots ricocheting in that tiny toilet missing whoever was inside?

Now who was it that said there is no way he would get bail after the verdict? That it just won't happen.

LOL I can see the argument now - well it is different with CH. I don't think so. We know he will get a jail sentence; Nel has at least managed to squeeze that out.

I would like to have seen what the bail conditions are. It seems to me that nothing has been changed. He can go abroad, drink, etc. Did I miss something?

I think that you are confusing this continuation of bail "until sentencing" with an application for bail "pending appeal," which will come after he is sentenced. I don't remember any discussion here about him remaing free pending sentencing. Am I right?

From the Guardian. What an ambassador the International Paralympic Committee will have. Hope there is a large and vocal backlash against this.

Craig Spence, the IPC’s director of media and communications, told BBC Radio 5 Live: “Oscar’s done a great deal for the Paralympic movement, he’s been an inspiration to millions, but obviously his priority now is to see [what] the judge decides. And then if he wishes to resume his athletics career then we wouldn’t step in his way, we would allow him to compete again in the future.”

Well that is going to be interesting because he is in for a shock .. there are so many brilliant, up coming athletes now that he is never going to be able to compete very well against them, and he won't like that .. that is going to be where it's really going to start hurting, and that will be where his self destruction will come in (especially when he finds out just how many people hate him, from the reaction he will get when he goes out onto the track). He isn't exactly a spring chicken in terms of athletics any more, and he is unlikely to win any more races .. not against the incredible new athletes coming along now .. it's all downhill for Oscar from now on, oh dear oh dear oh dear, my heart bleeds for him!

Uncle Arnold is giving a press conference within the next 30 minutes. No questions will be asked. I see the smile has been wiped off his smug face.

UUGGGHHHHH.......:furious:

She asks Roux to speak to the Uncle, to keep an eye on his nephew? SERIOUSLY? No accountability for Oscar, just tell Uncle Arnie to keep him in check?

She seems to think of him as if he is a child!

Sickening isn't it?.
Treating him like some sort of loveable rogue FFS.

I said it. And standby it. If it was murder, he wouldn't get bail. Masipa even mentioned that as it was a section 7 offence not 5 or 6 there is onus on the state. Plus we were taking about bail pending appeal.

Anyway, hope bragging doesn't give you too much pleasure, it's not healthy. I'm just still dumbfounded he literally got away with murder.

All our hopes now pinned to sentencing.

LOL My comment was posted in jest. I thought we were all intelligent enough to realise that. BTW you weren't the only one.

Sadly, SA judiciary still doesn't function like the rest of the developed world and it will be years before it does but at least they have made a start. However, this farce will set it back for a while.

Jacques Steenkamp ‏@JacqueSteenkamp 1m
Arnold Pistorius left court. There will be a presser at 13:45 inside court. #OscarPistorius is still inside #sabcnews pic.twitter.com/8kTJUXjrtA
Pretoria

Arnold Pistorius left court. There will be a presser at 13:45 inside court. #OscarPistorius is still inside #sabcnews pic.twitter.com/8kTJUXjrtA
Pretoria

Sky have just shown OP leaving court.

James Grant @CriminalLawZA · 5m

Ironically, it's OP's own version that he though someone else was in the toilet - that he was defending himself against. 4/4

James Grant @CriminalLawZA · 7m

Doesn't make sense: Reeva being in the bedroom doesn't exclude the possibility that there was someone else in the toilet 3/

James Grant @CriminalLawZA · 10m

She went on to say - what doesn't make sense - that he couldn't have forseen he could kill anyone, because he thought RS was in bedroom. 2/

James Grant @CriminalLawZA · 15m

People are saying that Masipa asked the right question: "Did OP forsee that he could kill the deceased or anyone". That is correct. But 1/

Professor James Grant tweeting what we are all saying...Masipa's ContraDixon

J: Mr Roux - pls speak to uncle of the accused. It's essential there aren't any further complications...

Adjourned

wow. 'further complications?' just wow.

Wouldn't it be more 'normal' for the judge to speak to the GROWN UP defendant, and warn him that if he had anymore issues before his next court date, his bail could be rescinded? But instead, she warns his uncle, who is his babysitter apparently, that it's essential to avoid any further complications.

ESSENTIAL for what? For her efforts to keep him out of jail?

Pretoria

Oh no, please just go back in to your hole Pistorius.

I think that you are confusing this continuation of bail "until sentencing" with an application for bail "pending appeal," which will come after he is sentenced. I don't remember any discussion here about him remaing free pending sentencing. Am I right?

True, I think the consensus was he would remain on bail pending appeal for a murder charge which I provided links, so no surprise he would remain on bail pending sentence on a lesser charge of CH. :fence:

SA Press Association ‏@SapaNews 2m
#OscarPistorius battles to get into his vehicle. Police officers at his side. Crowd screaming BK

I feel that the judge showed no hint of compassion for Reeva and her family. Whatever her verdict, she should have been mindful of their suffering.

Now Oscar,remember to be a good boy and don't do anything to upset your Auntie Masipa before sentencing.

Yeah I brought it up a couple of threads ago and sited the SA law. It would be completely under the judges discretion based on "flight risk" scenarios.
His bail did run out once convicted and she could have remanded him but "eees justa leetle boy with no ligs" (Roux).

I'm so upset that I feel like discharging my firearm at a perceived intruder!!:tantrum: moo

BBC Three ‏@bbcthree 1m
.@bbcthree goes inside the trial with exclusive access to Reeva Steenkamp's parents. #OscarPistorius The Truth, Mon 9 http://bit.ly/1wm0aDw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha