Trial Discussion Thread #53 - 14.12.9, Day 42 ~ final verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just need to think back to when she was sending him to Weskoppies. He got to go home to bed every night so he wouldn't 'be punished twice.' I think this will go along the same way.

Debora Patta
VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png
@Debora_Patta
RetweetIcon.gif
Retweeted by
twitter_bird.png
#OscarTrial Oscar Pistorius was taken down to the holding cells as he no longer has bail - the judge will rule on this after lunch at 12:30

Roux mentioned just now how jail would be 'difficult' for OP because of his disability, when pleading for bail.

Oh, diddums ..

.. OP should've thought of that when he shot Reeva, knowingly, through that door and killed her. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever, disabled or not!

We just need to think back to when she was sending him to Weskoppies. He got to go home to bed every night so he wouldn't 'be punished twice.' I think this will go along the same way.

But he's not even been punished once. :sigh:

Roux mentioned just now how jail would be 'difficult' for OP because of his disability, when pleading for bail.

Then by all means, let him stay home in Uncle's mansion, as usual. We don't want things to be difficult for him.

I'd love it if Masipa doesn't extend bail and carts him off to prison. Sadly, I don't think this is likely.

What seems to be the reaction to the verdict on whoop zwiebel? TIA

Seem to be talking a lot about legal opinion disagreeing with the judge's verdict, and the possibility of a lengthy prison sentence. Or not.

The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) has put out a statement following the conviction of Pistorius:

Following today’s verdict, our thoughts remain with all those who have been affected by this terrible tragedy, in particular the family and friends of Reeva Steenkamp, who sadly lost her life in this incident.

Throughout this case, the IPC has stressed the importance of differentiating between Oscar’s contribution to the Paralympic Movement and his private life.

As a sports organisation, it would be unwise for the IPC to comment on the conclusion of a court case that is not related to sport.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...ius-verdict-live-judge-rule-culpable-homicide

IMO, it's irrelevant whether or not he sold his properties to pay his legal fees.

The fact is: those same properties were used as reasons why he wouldn't abscond.

Now that he has no assets holding him in SA, what's to prevent him from fleeing before sentencing? IIRC, he has an uncle who owns property in Mozambique.

Of course, I don't expect that this logic will be applied when My Lady makes her determination regarding bail. I've become cynical.

I agree, katydid. Will she even make the stipulation that he is not to handle, possess, or be around firearms of any kind like it would be in the US? Is she going to confine him to the uncle's house and grounds because he is a convicted man now? NO, Masipa is most likely going to just let him continue on as he has been.

MOO

I am actually shocked anyone can think this is an okay verdict. The intruder theory is so preposterous.
Is sentencing to be today then or at a later date?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the poor soul!
there must be other south africans in jail with disabilities.

Oh this is interesting. He is in jail right now?

That is good to hear but I suspect after lunch he will be given bail. I do hope I am wrong because he has been given such a lenient verdict. In some ways I wish Nel had appealed immediately but Nel must know what he is doing.

Blimey, he's in a cell at long last! :rolleyes: .. I don't think he'll need to make himself comfy in there though, it won't be for long.

Well, at least we have him in a cell at long last albeit for such a short period of time. OP is probably thinking, "How dare they do this to me. I'm telling Masipa because she doesn't want me in a cell of any kind and did not know you would be doing this!"

MOO

IMO, it's irrelevant whether or not he sold his properties to pay his legal fees.

The fact is: those same properties were used as reasons why he wouldn't abscond.

Now that he has no assets holding him in SA, what's to prevent him from fleeing before sentencing? IIRC, he has an uncle who owns property in Mozambique.

Of course, I don't expect that this logic will be applied when My Lady makes her determination regarding bail. I've become cynical.

this is a much better reasoning than nel gave, and one that nel should have given...

Yes, but Masipa's understanding of dolus eventualis in this case is OP thought Reeva was in bed, so he could not foresee that he would kill her. Does it make sense? :waitasec:

but he knew someone is behind the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member